Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Attention Line 6 some honest feedback from a new user..pros and cons

awesomejohn7

Forget PODs (of which I've had 3)...of the countless pieces of gear I've owned over the years, I've yet to have a single power switch on anything crap out. I wouldn't smack them with a hammer, but that aside, I really don't think they're all that fragile.

Yea sometimes maybe I don't make myself clear. Never said the Switch on the pod may crap out, I was talking about the Foot Switch I just got cause it's made of plastic so it may not last because its a cheep $13.00 On/Off switch I plug the power supply into it. So far so good with it working well for now.

Yea sometimes maybe I don't make myself clear. Never said the Switch on the pod may crap out, I was talking about the Foot Switch I just got cause it's made of plastic so it may not last because its a cheep $13.00 On/Off switch I plug the power supply into it. So far so good with it working well for now.

Ahh...gotcha. Yeah, 13 bucks doesn't buy much anymore.

I appreciate your input.As a veteran music retail pro myself, your insights hit home.I have not had great success with communication on these forums (note my rating in the "red"),because I dare question the so-called "Experts" and "Gurus".I too,decided to use this equipment despite misgivings,and appreciate your input.

I give you a point for standing up to the gurus. Lol

• 4 months later...

I was really surprised I couldn't find the On/Off switch when I bought the unit this week. I was sadly not surprised to find the home electronics grade external power adapter.

All this discussion about high-end or not is missing the point. The choice to not have an internal power supply with a standard AC cord makes it not as reliable for gigging. It's a poor place to cut corners in my opinion.

And why is the end with the plug end so long? It takes up an entire length of a strip (used in place of missing power on/off switch). Korg has internal power with sub 1k gear and sell gear worldwide. I am sure Line6 could do the same.

Love the thing immensely in all ways except for these power choices.

I understand that the external supply is also about moving the input compliance for the power supply outside the unit as much as anything else. But would have gladly paid more to have the internal supply. And of course an on off switch!

I must say the USB instead of the weird RJ plug (assembled cheaply to boot) the other L6 boards/amps had is a huge step up. Thanks for that. That special cable was always a pain to keep track of since you didn't use it every day. Since we have to use the external supply, it's not hard to keep track of it, but I hope it holds up.

Sorry but I strongly prefer an external power supply like the one that comes with the pod.  It keeps heat out of the unit and it is lower noise that way too because the power transformer is far from the electronics.  I don't miss the power switch either.  I switch everything with a power strip.  my power strip has the prongs such that the adapter is across the strip so it does not block the other outlets.