Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Load Error

Stratotron

After sound check/reharsal yesterday, I wanted to pull the high end out of a patch. I adjusted the level, held down the switch until the display flashed, held down the switch again to confirm the location and the unit goes into LOAD ERROR. At this point the patch that I need is gone and the Tap Tempo light is out. This is 5 minutes before the Service starts. I have to power cycle to get the tap tempo light back in gear and now have to wait for all of the patches to load before I can re-load the patch in to the location. I do, and it goes in to LOAD ERROR again. I now need to repeat the process, all the while figuring out what patch I want to use instead of the one that has errored out twice. We wound up starting a couple of minutes late, and instead of being calm and confident, I am frazzled. It takes 2 songs to regain composure.

So, someone please describe what is happening during the Load Error. How does one avoid it? I am now nervous about doing ANY editing during sound check.

The swiching plane is another issue. Rear switches should have been higher. They are hard to reach. More so because I have needed to sit because of a pinched nerve in my back.

I will say, when it worked predictably, it sounded great.

Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the "Load error-21"  happen last night two different  times after loading a few patches and saving to the Firehawk using the hold down the button until name flashes then hold down again until the name changes. After I turned it off, then a bit later I turned it back on is when it happened for me. I had to do a "factory reset" to get the patches to work again. When I would select that patch, I think it was button A, all the lights on the switches were off and it displayed the load error...... I had overwritten the First Patches in the system, A,B,C and D.

I just bought it so I re-loaded firmware as well not knowing if the old firmware was actually the most current. Didn't happen any more last night... Haven't gigged with it yet... Got it Tuesday.. 5-11-15.... I am really liking being able to edit with my phone.... 

When my FH had a problem, and locked up, I blamed it on a patch I had downloaded from the cloud.  When I would load only this particular patch, the A and B patch lights would go solid, and that was it, until I did a hard reboot.  I have my suspicions that the app has problems communicating with the Firehawk when sync'ing patches if the first patch- HD rythym, has been changed to something else.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...