Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Latest Spider Jam firmware

Blubarb

• 4 weeks later...

Is the blog going to tell you the correct way to flash the FW.bin FIRMWARE ? Is there a correct order to get the SPIDER JAM up to date? What versionS can you download . If my S.Jam is boot looping how do check the version. Never been flashed . one owner

:unsure:

Is the blog going to tell you the correct way to flash the FW.bin FIRMWARE ? Is there a correct order to get the SPIDER JAM up to date? What versionS can you download . If my S.Jam is boot looping how do check the version. Never been flashed . one owner

:unsure:

Have you read the knowledge base for the Spider Jam? if not check it out here >> http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/spider-jam/spider-jam-209-update-instructions-r472

It should clear up most questions.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Brazzy,  That was very helpful .

The only thing that i would like to point out that help me out was.

I need to re-FLASH MEMORY at the same FIRMWARE . 1.04

Version 1.04
Released 2/27/08

Works with:
Spider Jam

This is the original Flash Memory version included with Spider Jam. 

Warning: Updating your Flash Memory will erase all recordings and patches saved on your Spider Jam and return all settings to factory defaults. 

In order to update your Spider Jam you will need a 2gig or less SD card* formatted to FAT16. 

Instructions for updating Spider Jam:

1. Download the firmware file to your computer.
  2. Copy the firmware file ( fw.bin ) to the root directory or your SD Card.
  3. Insert the SD card into Spider Jam (the slot is in the back of the amp).
  4. Switch Spider Jam on while holding the Save button. Spider Jam will automatically update your firmware with the version on the SD card.
  5. The update will take several minutes. Spider Jam will reboot once the update is complete.

*SDHC is not supported

OS: Windows XP, Mac OS X, Mac OS Tiger, Windows Vista  ( 331.55 MB ) GET DOWNLOAD
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Brazzy,  That was very helpful .

The only thing that i would like to point out that help me out was.

I need to re-FLASH MEMORY at the same FIRMWARE . 1.04

Version 1.04

Released 2/27/08

Works with:

Spider Jam

This is the original Flash Memory version included with Spider Jam. 

Warning: Updating your Flash Memory will erase all recordings and patches saved on your Spider Jam and return all settings to factory defaults. 

In order to update your Spider Jam you will need a 2gig or less SD card* formatted to FAT16. 

Instructions for updating Spider Jam:

1. Download the firmware file to your computer.
  2. Copy the firmware file ( fw.bin ) to the root directory or your SD Card.
  3. Insert the SD card into Spider Jam (the slot is in the back of the amp).
  4. Switch Spider Jam on while holding the Save button. Spider Jam will automatically update your firmware with the version on the SD card.
  5. The update will take several minutes. Spider Jam will reboot once the update is complete.

*SDHC is not supported

OS: Windows XP, Mac OS X, Mac OS Tiger, Windows Vista  ( 331.55 MB ) GET DOWNLOAD

Your Welcome. Good post pointing out having to go with the original firmware.

If I remember correctly I didn't have to do that. I just went right to the latest firmware and it worked for me. If I have another problem I may reflash from the original firmware and then up from there.

The forums are good for this sort of thing, it helps bring together all the possible ideas and helps us think about how to fix software issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased a used Spider Jam in pristine condition and I would like to update to the latest version with an SD card.

In ignorance I have just ordered an 8GB SD card thinking that it would be better than a 2 GB card.

Are you saying that it will not work with the Spider Jam and that I should have ordered a 2GB card to do the update.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

Paul

yes 2GB is the largest it will use.

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased a used Spider Jam in pristine condition and I would like to update to the latest version with an SD card.

In ignorance I have just ordered an 8GB SD card thinking that it would be better than a 2 GB card.

Are you saying that it will not work with the Spider Jam and that I should have ordered a 2GB card to do the update.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

Paul