Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Praise for 500X

Steelmaster

I just want to say how much I love my 500X. It makes my life much easier. I do all the guitar stuff in a Yes Tribute Band and let me tell you there are a lot of dramatic changes needed during each song and the 500X lets me get it done. My only problem is I have a very elaborate  set list programmed and every time the band decides to change the order of songs, I need to spend hours manually re-assigning presets into their new slots. LOTS of work.

Is there any way to do this easier with Edit?

The Edit program makes this a lot easier. You just drag and drop presets. CTRL drag/drop copies a preset; basic drag/drop relocates presets. Experiment to discover the difference.

Like Charlie said - don't forget to SEND SETLIST to the HD device when finished.

The edit software. Saving patches to the pc. Drag-and-drop them anywhere you need. 

I do this all the time. It's nice when I am at home. But it is also why (see my signature) I want to be able to do it on my android device -- I am not always at home! 

Once you get the hang of the drag-and-drop method, you should be able to do the entire 512 slots in under 5 minutes. 

Yes, as the others say Edit is very easy.

If you have a number of set orders that you use regularly then you could use 'save setlist' to make a copy of the different orders and then load the one that is nearest to the set you decide to play.

I can't figure out how to upload a pic but the app looks the same. On my tablet I can't resize the app. Its a 7" screen so the app is small. Its fine for me but for you you might prefer a larger tablet screen.

You could pick up a cheap Windows 8 Tablet if you need to do this at the gig. I purchased this tablet for the exact problem you have:

http://www.amazon.com/Hipstreet-INTEL-WINDOWS-Quad-Core-Tablet/dp/B00O5VUGX6

I took over my wife's older laptop for just that purpose. I've downloaded the new Edit, Drivers, Monkey etc. but I'm afraid to hook it up and re-flash it. I'll work up the nerve soon.