Sign in to follow this  
jonhollis

firehawk

can you set a left and right pan with the fire hawk. you know if i wanted to feed a two channel amp - so left would go to channel one and right to two? then store in the presets which channel has the audio sent to it?

can you not just feed the individual lefts and rights out of the FH into the seperate channel inputs on your amp?

yes thats the plan, but i need something in the software (like the old HD500) that will direct the sound into either the left or the right. its a well known practice to feed two live channels of an amp but get the software to send to either channel stored on a preset basis. i looked on the app and couldn't see any module that allowed me to pan all the way to the left or the right. 

As far as I know, there is no stand alone setting which will allow you to do this.  Some of the effects - like delays, will allow you to pan over to one side, but this is not what you are looking for.

ok thanks - I'm still waiting for my fire hawk to arrive. just trying to work out the best way to run it!

I have one, and I am still trying to work out the best way to run it.  one thing you will notice is depending on what you hook up to, you will probably want the unit set on "line out" on the button the back- I find that gave the best sound, the "amp" setting just sounded too muffled.