Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 with JTV69 problem after update

line-6-user

Mine is 69, not a 69s.

Another observation, while I was listening to the JTV relay click at start up, and on switching it off, I had the model selector close to my face, when i saw the selector's lightl in a dim GREEN colour. The battery and, the VDI and the1/4" cables were in the 69 at the time. But that happened only once. I don't recall noticing that colour light before. Unfortunately the devices stil have the same problem as previously explained.

Interesting thought about the tuner. I was going to re-flash mine too see.

I first turned the HD on and I forgot to unplug the JTV69s and sure enough the HD500 came up with the last preset but would not go to any other preset.

Went into monkey and it said that all my gear was up-to-date except the HD500 because it could not recognise it - strange?

Turned everything off, unplugged the JTV69s and plugged in the JTV59 - turned everything on - HD worked like it should.

Turned everything off. Then repeated the above step with the JTV69s and once again the HD is locked up.

Ergo: I think the tuner in my case is a red herring. It has to be something to do with the JTV69s. One observation is that the guitar socket on the JTV69s seems different in the way it clicks in.

Please submit a support ticket for this. You have reproduced my exact problem. Line 6 isn't going to fix it unless they get a bunch of support tickets..

-Max

Mine is 69, not a 69s.

Another observation, while I was listening to the JTV relay click at start up, and on switching it off, I had the model selector close to my face, when i saw the selector's lightl in a dim GREEN colour. The battery and, the VDI and the1/4" cables were in the 69 at the time. But that happened only once. I don't recall noticing that colour light before. Unfortunately the devices stil have the same problem as previously explained.

My HD 500 has no issue (that I know of) with the tuner.Finally I got a reply from Line 6... 😮

They suggest that I have the HD Serviced...

Thanks Line 6! 😕

That wouldn't be something I would know about.

I'm a service engineer, I fix things, and the paperwork stuff is done by others.

The recommended service center in your area would be better

able to help you with the cost stuff.

Line-6-user -- They suggest that I have the HD Serviced...

I don't understand that. We both have the same problem with the 69 and 69s NOT the HD. As I keep saying the HD and my 59 have always worked with NO problem. They said send your HD into the nearest service centre (for me in Tassie OZ is probably the Moon)

Hmmm..

I've had an issue with the HD500x freezing up less than a minute after powering up and then rebooting itself.

I run my JTV-59 via VDi cable. It's been since the firmware update.

I have the L6 link going to my DT-25, but not turned on. Just using the XLR to Pa, but leave

L6 connected in case I want to crank it up.

I'll have to see if starting up without Jtv and L6 link keeps it from freezing and rebooting.

Hmmm..

I've had an issue with the HD500x freezing up less than a minute after powering up and then rebooting itself.

I run my JTV-59 via VDi cable. It's been since the firmware update.

I have the L6 link going to my DT-25, but not turned on. Just using the XLR to Pa, but leave

L6 connected in case I want to crank it up.

I'll have to see if starting up without Jtv and L6 link keeps it from freezing and rebooting.

Please submit a support ticket if you get it to reproduce. If this is indeed a firmware issue the only way we will get it fixed is to have multiple people file support tickets.

• 1 month later...

I did a support ticket and they recommended re-flashing the HD500x and the JTv-59.

I only re-flashed the HD500X. Using them for a couple of hours yesterday. i had no issues with rebooting.

Re-flashing the HD appears to have fixed the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, I am back to update this thread.

I have tried one of the new Variax Standard with my HD500 and on switching on the pod with the guitar attached to it, had NO issues, works fine but connecting the JTV69, it freezes.

So that proves that the problem is with the guitar update, not the HD500!

As anyone had any success to rectify this problem?

Cheers.

how abt reflashin the jtv?

Have tried before... as stated in previous posts, but without success. :(

Also, reverted back to previous updates, again with no luck.

I will try yet again later. 

As far as I know, the "Standard's" guts are the same as the JTV, ones would assume they should be working the same.  The only thing visually noticeable, is the brightness of the model selection knob's LED.  On the JTV is at least twice as bright.

Sounds to me like a hardware problem with your JTV-69. I would open a support ticket for this if you haven't already done so.

yes, already done... was told to take it to a repair centre... ;( 

this problem was definitely caused by the update.  i cant afford to have it looked at.

Sometimes an update can expose (rather than cause) a hardware problem that was already present. That was the case with a USB component in the Pod X3 Live product; some users never experienced any problem until they updated their computer.

But whatever the cause, the fix is to have it serviced. If it is no longer under warranty you will, unfortunately, have to pay for the service.

Open a ticket, get an RMA and take it to your nearest authorized

Line 6 service person. When you do take it in, take the guitar, cables

and accessories and the HD500, so they can go through it all an

"fine-tooth-comb-it" along the entire signal chain. They will have

access to service data and info.

BTW,... I'm acquainted with silverhead, he knows his stuff.