Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Naming/Save to Cloud

Stratotron

I have been saving my patches under my user name on the Icloud.  I do this because, if I want or need to find my patches on the Icloud, I can serach by my user name and they all come up. There are times when the saving template won't allow me to put in my name.

Let me say that in some cases, I find an existing patch that I like and is close to what I am after, then edit it, re-name and save it. Could it be that the root patch was created by a different user, so I am not able to overwrite the name?

Thanks

I will reply to my own topic! I found that if I am saving from "My Tones" it allows me to edit or add the name in the cell. From the hardware editor, no. Hope this makes sense. I found it by accident.

Off to the cloud ...AND BEYOND!

• Upvote 1

When I save a patch to My Tones and then update it later after changing something  I get 2 of the same name on the My Tones list instead of it over-writing the name. Then later it is confusing as to what one is the one I really want to use. This is when I use my Android phone app....Is anyone else having this happen and how can I remedy this. There is also now way to re-name a patch on the list, just delete it....

When I save a patch to My Tones and then update it later after changing something  I get 2 of the same name on the My Tones list instead of it over-writing the name. Then later it is confusing as to what one is the one I really want to use. This is when I use my Android phone app....Is anyone else having this happen and how can I remedy this. There is also now way to re-name a patch on the list, just delete it....

Same here. I believe that the newest save is the bottom on the list. I did a test save to verify this. I act on the assumption that the bottom of the list is the newest. Occasionaly deleting old versions on the list above.

Is there an advantage/disadvantange to having the device save ANY save to all locations but the Cloud? Like when I save from the rig using the hold button method, does it save to MY Tones or only the Hardware Location? Most edits I do on the gig, I use the Hod Button save method. Those are the most useful edits to me as they are done in the live playing environment. Maybe there should be a toggle in the utility area letting the user to save in all locations and even overwrite existing patches of the same name?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Silverhead,

another question, is there a fast way to backup the hardware presets before i change all the banks with my own presets.?

thanks,.

Nope, one by one is the only way...... so far. These topics have been covered in earlier threads.