Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Normalizing patch volume

kimdrawlings

Any suggestions on how to normalize the preset volume across presets.  

One idea of mine is to use the compressor and add or reduce dB to get to the same volume.  I think that it can be turned on in the preset and can be done without assigning it to a footswitch position.  

Any other ideas?

Sounds like it needs a mixer section like in the 500, zoom g5 also has a master output level for each patch that doesn't alter tone

If I were you I'd submit a request for something to be implemented in an update on ideascale I'll definitely vote for it

I'd post it myself but I don't have my unit yet so can't really judge what exactly is required

Part of the problem I see is the mix of HD and Non HD amp models. Now that we have both on the same system you can really tell the difference. To me the Hd model amp are much louder, I normally set my vol at around 60 or so. With the Non HD amp models I find I have to set the vol to 80 or higher. There are ways to work around this, setting up HD amp models at lower vol etc. The best way would be to have a mixer or dare I say global eq (it only took forever to get one for the Hd500).

After speaking with support, the volume setting on the amp within the app does exactly that without changing the tone.  Firmware V1.1 is supposed to offer the ability to change preset volume with the volume knob on the Firehawk directly without having to edit the amp volume setting in the app.  Issue resolved.

Yes, in version 1.1 you can adjust the patch volume with the large knob (in pink mode), but as I understand, you will still have to normalize each individual patch (either this way, or another), as there is not a global volume level setting.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like it needs a mixer section like in the 500, zoom g5 also has a master output level for each patch that doesn't alter tone
If I were you I'd submit a request for something to be implemented in an update on ideascale I'll definitely vote for it
I'd post it myself but I don't have my unit yet so can't really judge what exactly is required

This has to be in the ideascale submitted. i will vote for it.

do you have a link.?