Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk FX/app does not support older model Variax 500/700 300/600

kimdrawlings

Was informed by support that the older model Variax is not supported with the Firehawk FX and app.  Only the newer model Variax will work as claimed. 

Well the answer you got isn't quite correct.

You can still power and select the model on the older Variaxes through the Firehawk. What you can't do is have custom tunings associated with the patch. Essentially the Firehawk gives you same functionality with the Variax that the XTL or X3L had.

I concur with phil_m.

I have a JTV69 and the older Variax 500. With the Variax 500 I can power up the  guitar and control the guitar model from the Firehawk preset. I cannot control  or setup  alternate tunings. 

I'm not sure about control of the Tone knob. I'll take a look next time I have my 500 hooked up.

I am using a Variax 300 with the Firehawk. The Firehawk app successfully controls the Variax 300 model selection and stores/recalls it with the preset.

However, the Firehawk app does not detect or respond to manual changes to the model selection made on the guitar. I expect this will be addressed in a future firmware update but no guarantees.