Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get closer to that tone?

Giorgos02

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'm not that familiar with Periphery but in listening to your comparison, it sounds like there is a bit more low end woofiness in his tone. You might be able to get that by switching cabinets or adjusting some of the cab parameters.

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'm not that familiar with Periphery but in listening to your comparison, it sounds like there is a bit more low end woofiness in his tone. You might be able to get that by switching cabinets or adjusting some of the cab parameters.

Don't you think that the biggest problem in my tone is that it is kinda digital/fake? I don't know how to avoid this...

Switching cabinets: I don't think it will work, because I have used a combo of 2 cabs and mics that didn't have sample differencies and it felt really good without tweaking much

Thanks for your opinion though...

I was referring to the cabinets and cabinet settings in the HD500, not a physical cabinet on your amp. Sorry for the confusion. Are you using the HD500 Edit program to edit your patch?

In my unprofessional opinion...yours seems to be have more treble/presence in it and a bit more distortion or dirt on it than the original. So yours sounds quite good and in a mix or live would be fine...if we are splitting hairs those two things jump out at me.

Try pulling back on the upper freq stuff a little

Try dialing back the distortion a touch (whether it is a pedal or gain on the amp etc).

One other detail is yours is a little more in your face like it is being compressed a little...or the original has a spot of reverb...hard to know...but yours is a little more upfront if that makes sense.

Just my opinion...otherwise it sounds good!

I was referring to the cabinets and cabinet settings in the HD500, not a physical cabinet on your amp. Sorry for the confusion. Are you using the HD500 Edit program to edit your patch?

My deep cab settings are generally Low cut: around 80-100, Res: 0-15%, Thump: 25%, Decay: 35%

I only use the Edit program to build my tones.

In my unprofessional opinion...yours seems to be have more treble/presence in it and a bit more distortion or dirt on it than the original. So yours sounds quite good and in a mix or live would be fine...if we are splitting hairs those two things jump out at me.

Try pulling back on the upper freq stuff a little

Try dialing back the distortion a touch (whether it is a pedal or gain on the amp etc).

One other detail is yours is a little more in your face like it is being compressed a little...or the original has a spot of reverb...hard to know...but yours is a little more upfront if that makes sense.

Just my opinion...otherwise it sounds good!

Thanks for your opinion man! I really appreciate it! I will try these stuff and some other I have in mind and post again with the result!