Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm off....Axe FX II XL+ inbound

GazzaBloom

Thanks! I'll give it a try. Sometimes I can't hear a difference when I switch an EQ on and off in patches I've downloaded. I think that might be because the patch was tweaked for an FRFR setup and I am using DT amps. Or my ears are too old. Or both.

Your Welcome, I wouldn't read too much into the customtones you download 'cause you just never know what the creator had in mind unless they release all the details. Sometimes you can get lucky but mostly I think it's a great way to store back ups of your own tones and get a look at how others create a tone. This can spark ideas sometimes.

As for your ears, lol, we all probably have some degree of loss. :)

Thanx!

This was one of the most entertaining threads I have ever read on this forum! It was like a cyber Jerry Springer type brawl! None of it was helpful for getting a good tone, sharing new strategies, optimizing our Line 6 gear. But it was entertaining!

It was The Socs vs. The Greesers! (...We gotta do it for Johnny man!)

It was the Dead Rabbits vs. The Natives (I think NucleusX would be The Butcher. No offense meant, The Butcher was a great character!)

No...no...wait! It was The Jets vs. The Sharks!

See for yourself Think Pod when you see the Jets and think Fractal when you see the Sharks!

LOL no offence taken ! I've been online for 15+ years, I know a troll when I see one, and I know how to be one when challenged !  :ph34r:

But, its a beast that must be caged unless necessary, nobody likes an uncontrollable troll, so its back in the cage, apologies to the OP.

I've read your new thread concerning this topic, and it was very informative. Goodluck with your new toy, and stuff the jealous remarks !

listen to what the Gibson guy and tone guru Craig Anderton (in the center) had to say in this old but still interesting video clip

particulary at 12:20 point, but all things said are interesting from the start..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_Q_ccwQPo

Great stuff Nico - thanks for sharing - very interesting and useful.

One thought that popped into my head hours after watching it was regarding Craigs statement about guitar speaker cabs projecting the low and high end frequencies very weakly but the modellers reproducing all frequencies at the same level hence the common complaints of too much bass and fizz.   Does this mean that modellers are just coded incorrectly because they don't reproduce this speaker frequency response effect correctly or is there some programming (hardware/software) reason why modellers cannot accurately reproduce the frequencies at same relative values as real guitar speaker cabs?  

I mean, it's all just software, and it's meant to be modelling the real world as accurately as the cpu hardware will allow, so why do they fail to reproduce the frequency response of speaker cabs accurately?    Why do the end users of all modellers have to apply their own EQ to compensate for this issue?

I am guessing there must be some very good technical reason why they can't do it otherwise it makes no sense to have left it as it is.      :s

Just my thoughts.

Hurghanico is right. Certain mics like the SM58 have a definite proximity effect where they boost the bass, so the the closer the mic, the more bass. This is of course different to what you hear from the actual speaker with your ear. As this would then go to a mixing desk (either live or in the studio) you would apply EQ there.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand all the sarcasm based on the origial post at all.  This idea od "forum suicide" is kind of silly.  In reality, if you spend significant time at any place, you make acquaintences and that includes a forum.  If you were to find what you considered a better job FOR YOU then saying a decent goodbye to the folks you'd been working with would not be a "job suicide" would it?  It would be simply saying goodbye to people you know.  The origial post of this thread was no different than that really, and yet people jumped his backside.  This, I don't understand.  Now if he was crapping all over all things Line6, then I guess I could see it but clearly he was not.

I don't understand all the sarcasm based on the origial post at all.  This idea od "forum suicide" is kind of silly.  In reality, if you spend significant time at any place, you make acquaintences and that includes a forum.  If you were to find what you considered a better job FOR YOU then saying a decent goodbye to the folks you'd been working with would not be a "job suicide" would it?  It would be simply saying goodbye to people you know.  The origial post of this thread was no different than that really, and yet people jumped his backside.  This, I don't understand.  Now if he was crapping all over all things Line6, then I guess I could see it but clearly he was not.

1. I don't know if you read the original post. It has been edited since it was written. In fact, he edited it when he came back and apologized for coming across like a lollipop. 

2. He has a something like ten posts in ten years. Using your job analogy, he wouldn't get a retirement party. Co-workers would say "who?" 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1. I don't know if you read the original post. It has been edited since it was written. In fact, he edited it when he came back and apologized for coming across like a lollipop. 

2. He has a something like ten posts in ten years. Using your job analogy, he wouldn't get a retirement party. Co-workers would say "who?" 

Well, if he changed it then I missed the original post.  I have been away for a while myself, but the reponse I DID see seemed overly harsh for the OP I DID see lol.  Crapping all over the people/product.ecosystem you are leaving for any reason is bad form, no doubt and truly pointless.  I do feel that under the circcumstances I THOUGHT were afoot, my analogy about jobs is still valid in my mind.  Saying farewell to people you've interacted with is just basic manners to me.

The problem I am having (especially now I have global eq) is that the HD500x is giving me every sound I ever need which is no good for my G.A.S. I guess the search goes on to find an excuse to buy something new!

I had the same problem...i missed buying new amps and whatnot, but the pod hd was just working....

Try what i did...i put a tube preamp (hafler t3) in the pods fx loop. I was amazed hom much better my already good tone (from the models) became when using the preamp instead. Loving my tone now.

The best part is the pod hd pro is still the "brain" of my rig, doing all the switching and fx along with still using models for clean tone, all controlled by my fbv. I put a mini amp gizmo in my rack to convert the pods fixed patch midi messages to relays for the hafler. Now my only problem is gassing for other preamps, even though the Hafler is perfect for my needs.

Well, if he changed it then I missed the original post.  I have been away for a while myself, but the reponse I DID see seemed overly harsh for the OP I DID see lol.  Crapping all over the people/product.ecosystem you are leaving for any reason is bad form, no doubt and truly pointless.  I do feel that under the circcumstances I THOUGHT were afoot, my analogy about jobs is still valid in my mind.  Saying farewell to people you've interacted with is just basic manners to me.

None of the OP's posts notify of any edits at the bottom of each post, and if there was any editing, his general attitude

appears no different since the beginning. There was no bad-mouthing of the POD at anytime, it was just a simple

"the POD aint doing it for me, i'm moving along to Fractal" type statement. Seems thats all it took to light this fire.

I posted previously but I don't mind talking about it again. I owned a HD500 for about 5 years and a DT25 for about 3. I've gigged and recorded with them and always found they sounded good and don't believe that I could learn that much more to progress my tones. I've been playing for 25 years and have owned a few nice amps along the road but found the POD's switching and all round capabilities quite compelling for band/live use, particularly now that I find myself as the lead vocalist too.

As my guitar collection grew (being a grown up with a disposable income has its benefits!) in both quantity and quality I started to consider my amp and effects set-up. Each of my patches would have fairly extensive EQing to get them to where I wanted but I still found them wanting, even if only a little bit. Do you have days where you spend time dialling in a tone only to dislike it the next time you play? It got to the point where I was having more bad days than good.

Fast forward to the most impulsive purchase of my life and the sudden ownership of a Kemper Powerhead. Due to my use of IEMs in my band and no desire to get into tap dancing nor four cable methods again, I'd looked at and ruled out many, many amps but the Kemper ticked every box and then some. But importantly, how did it sound?

I confess I spent little time at all with the factory content so can't really comment on it. I'd added about £40 worth of amps from The Amp Factory in the first few days. Not because factory content was poor; listening to The Amp Factory samples was part of what made me pull the trigger on the Kemper and I'd downloaded it before the amp was ever plugged in! 

Anyway, my initial impression was that the difference between the Kemper and the POD/DT combo wasn't as much as I'd hoped for, although I'd kind of expected that. After a few more days, I'd really made progress wading through the thousands of profiles I'd imported and was able to focus on the stuff that suits my tastes. It takes a little while to understand the difference between Line 6 and Kemper's intention. To summarise, Line 6 aim to make the Vox AC30 model (for example) sound authentic and also to behave like an AC30, throughout different levels of gain, tone stack interactions and master volume etc. Kemper's ambition is very different. The AC30 profiles are like a snapshot of one setting. No single profile covers the different settings of the amp and you need to spend time wading through them to find what you're after. So it's probably better to think of the EQ on the Kemper as an EQ pedal in the effects loop or the EQ on a Mesa MkIV. It certainly doesn't have a 'Cut' function on the AC30 models! 

So that said, I honestly have found the tones much closer to what I want. I've removed the factory content and have about forty profiles loaded, all of which are tones that I'd use and sound great to me. I won't say they sound better because I don't think it's possible to measure but it's a different process. You can select a JCM800 profile which sounds great and copy the effects straight from another patch you've created in just a couple of seconds. With the POD, I never found the default settings of any of the amps were anywhere near close and I'd spend ages dialling in the settings after changing the amp model. 

Anyway, I'm not ever going to beat on Line 6. I still have some of their gear (I'm using the HD500 as a midi controller and backup rig) but for me, the Kemper hasn't disappointed.

I'm very curious, does the Kemper allow dual channels - different model on each channel - so one can cross fade between them with a control pedal? I'm so totally hooked on the ability to instantly go from my rhythm sound to a lead sound with the pedal, that I absolutely refuse to give that up going forward. Maybe I would need two Kempers!

oh come on now! "frustrated getting a tone" Just ordered a $4k system" "Adios Amigos"? And it is your contention that the only thing behind that post was to bid a fond farewell to the many close friends and inspired relationships he established in his time here on this forum? Come on man!

More power to the dude. I hope he finds what he's looking for. But in the same time that he was issuing the readers of this forum an odd "adios", he could have issued a not so odd "Hola" over at the Fractal forum. He could have bonded with other disgruntled former line 6 suckers who now have seen the fractal light. He coulda been singing Amazing Grace! "I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I See!"

Solo Digo Amigo

• Upvote 2

I'm very curious, does the Kemper allow dual channels - different model on each channel - so one can cross fade between them with a control pedal? I'm so totally hooked on the ability to instantly go from my rhythm sound to a lead sound with the pedal, that I absolutely refuse to give that up going forward. Maybe I would need two Kempers!

No, not as far as I'm aware. It does however offer proper reverb/delay tails when switching between patches.

oh come on now! "frustrated getting a tone" Just ordered a $4k system" "Adios Amigos"? And it is your contention that the only thing behind that post was to bid a fond farewell to the many close friends and inspired relationships he established in his time here on this forum? Come on man!

More power to the dude. I hope he finds what he's looking for. But in the same time that he was issuing the readers of this forum an odd "adios", he could have issued a not so odd "Hola" over at the Fractal forum. He could have bonded with other disgruntled former line 6 suckers who now have seen the fractal light. He coulda been singing Amazing Grace! "I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I See!"

Solo Digo Amigo

Since I don't generally hang out in this or any forum day after day after day, I don't tend to track the posting habits of anyone -- even myself at times.  My post was well intentioned and based on giving someone the benefit of the doubt, an art that is all but lost in today's "up yours a$$hole" world.  I'll try to contain myself going forward and act my age.  Get off my lawn kid.

• Upvote 1

Since I don't generally hang out in this or any forum day after day after day, I don't tend to track the posting habits of anyone -- even myself at times.  My post was well intentioned and based on giving someone the benefit of the doubt, an art that is all but lost in today's "up yours a$$hole" world.  I'll try to contain myself going forward and act my age.  Get off my lawn kid.

One does not need to hang out anywhere day after day after day or track the posting habits of anyone or anything to recognize the OP's "potential" underlying meme. Being on the planet and interacting with people is all one needs to detect the words between words. Me using quotation marks around the word "potential" is all of the doubt benefiting I will afford the original post because I recognize feigned virtue when I read it, when I hear it and mostly when I speak it. As do a lot of people on this forum. People aren't stoopid and they don't like being treated as such and they recognize when someone is being even slightly disingenuous. Which is probably why the OP got the response he got. 

As for the benefit of the doubt? My motto is....Call a horse a horse first, THEN give him the benefit of the doubt. The OP was a slight against Line 6 and the good folks here who love their gear. Plain and simple! I wont participate in beating the dude up for it, but it is what it is!

This is a discussion forum dude. If you contain yourself, then there can be no discussion! I dig your optimism my man! And you can party on my lawn all you want kid. The California drought killed that thing a long time ago! Just clean up your bottles and pick up your poop!

Good luck, if it was in my budget I'd get one too. You may get better tones and for the $$$$ it better. I have never read a single post that it is dial in. There is a hell of a learning curve from what I understand. I've seen quite a few post from people that left Fractal and came back to L6 or amp/pedal because they spent too much time tweaking Instead of playing.

Not true at all. If you want basic amp and effects tones the Axe is way easier to dial in. Stock DEP settings on HD are whacky for one thing. EQs with % instead of frequencies is not intuitive. The whole dual stereo, paths with having guitar on both increasing level to clipping is not inuitive either.

I wrote a post years back when I got my Ultra. I could no longer get tones I wanted with POD and the DSP limit. I was tired of hearing how DSP limit is a feature and not a limitation. . .lol.

I did not leave POD or Line 6 though. I just do not use Line 6 amp modeling in my main rig, even though it has two POD HD Pros/x in it. Purely effects before the amp sims of Axe plus routing of my JTV Variax transplants.

I still have a bean, and HD 500x but find it hard to get amp sounds that rival Axe Fx. Of course the Axe costs way more so that is not surprising. I have a Atomic Amplifire waiting for me when I get home from this business trip and from all accounts it has amp modeling closer to Axe/KPA league. It is portable which is a plus as well.

I may need to integrate it with my HD500x and maybe a torpedo cab so I can get two higher quality amp/cab sims out of that rig.

Having said all of that, I could build a rig to replace my rack from hell without Axe Fx but not without PODs. The integration with JTVs is hugely important to me. . . .though I need WIRELESS VDI. . .lol.

Another advantage of the PODs is the ability to change input routing on a patch by patch basis. Axe does not do that. On 95% of my patches the first POD has mags left and models right to get a dual sound type deal. If using a purely acoustic patch both sides get Variax as input. Same if I use and alt tuning. I also have a custom built stereo mandoln and an electric stereo Tres Cubano. I just picked up a stereo in, stereo out zoom CDR to connect to line in on the first POD so that using one of those instruments requires no messing with input cables on POD.

Rumors are flying about a new more powerful POD or modeling device from Line 6/Yamaha. Unless they do rack version and improve routing or effects quality, I woudl stick with the POD HD Pros in my rack, but certainly look at an improved florrboard with better amp/cab sims IF the JTV integration is the same or better.

I don't get the whole Axe vs KPA, vs POD wars. When I see an unfortunately typical snobby Axe FX user just bash POD as being a toy, I defend Line 6. When I see Line 6 users saying Axe is way harder to learn. I reply as well. Learning the basics is actually easier, BUT there is way more depth to continue learning if one wishes.

75% of axe users most likely do not use scene modifiers, LFOs, the sequencer, ADSR, Synths, etc, but they are VERY powerful.

One does not need to hang out anywhere day after day after day or track the posting habits of anyone or anything to recognize the OP's "potential" underlying meme. Being on the planet and interacting with people is all one needs to detect the words between words. Me using quotation marks around the word "potential" is all of the doubt benefiting I will afford the original post because I recognize feigned virtue when I read it, when I hear it and mostly when I speak it. As do a lot of people on this forum. People aren't stoopid and they don't like being treated as such and they recognize when someone is being even slightly disingenuous. Which is probably why the OP got the response he got.

As for the benefit of the doubt? My motto is....Call a horse a horse first, THEN give him the benefit of the doubt. The OP was a slight against Line 6 and the good folks here who love their gear. Plain and simple! I wont participate in beating the dude up for it, but it is what it is!

This is a discussion forum dude. If you contain yourself, then there can be no discussion! I dig your optimism my man! And you can party on my lawn all you want kid. The California drought killed that thing a long time ago! Just clean up your bottles and pick up your poop!

Well spoken, sir.

And I sympathize with your drought predicament out there...is CalTrans still running the sprinklers on the side of the road in the rain, while the Gov goes on TV telling everybody to let their lawns die? Inspirational leadership...LOL.

Be all that as it may, I will continue to try and give people the benefit of the doubt and besides, why would I care if the OP liked Line6 or not?  It doesn't affect my view of them one iota.  Let them vent says I, because who cares?  I know people often "swing by" for parting shots at the faithful in forums on their way out the door and I really don't fully understand that behavior either.  It's some psych thing where it validates your choice by belittling others.  I get that part of it, but I always feel badly for those who do this because they are so insecure in their own choices.  But really, the flip side of that (Fan Boys) are just as bad aren't they?  I mean, if you're not hitting nirvana with your gear and express frustration over that, there is usually a cadre of people standing by to tell you how eff'd up you are, right?

Thinking about how the digital realm works, it is amazingly hard to get consistent results from setup to setup in my opinion.  Yeah, the POD (or whatever device) are all (mostly) the same and even the Variax guitars are a lot the same, but after that -- what are you listening through?  Monitors?  The SAME monitors as the guy you're taking advice from?  Atomic wedges?  PA Systems?  Headphones?  A half-stack?  Combo?  My point is that no matter how you are perceiving your gear, someone else is surely hearing something that actually is different and it can be very frustrating to hear people gush over their gear while yours sounds like poo to you despite your best efforts.  Ironically, often they run to the next perceived big thing in digital guitar world (AXEFx, Kemper, etc...) and it will be a lot the same very often;  total and gushing love at first, followed by a nagging suspicion that your tone should be better and often ending in a bitter divorce when you settle into it and realize that you've spent a LOT of money and it still isn't ringing your bell.  I think everyone eventually reaches a point of either accepting digital sources for what they are or dumping them and getting back to the basic guitar->pedals->amp setup if the sonic soup they create isn't satisfying to them.

Sorry for the ramble, but I have to say that for my own part, watching the gyrations of people trying to make their gear setups perfect for themselves is often just as much fun as playing guitar is.  Personally, I accept digital for what it is to ME and at times it is very satisfying and I have a tron of fun while at other times it is nothing but a huge distraction and I spend more time "tweaking parameters" than actually playing.  I have had my POD and Variax packed away for 5 weeks now because we are moving and you know what?  I pull out my acoustic instead everyday which has nearly zero tweaking capability (sans alternate tuning) and I just play the damn thing lol.  I will eventually set my digital rig up again, but until then I am hardly unable to enjoy playing guitar.

• Upvote 2

And you can party on my lawn all you want kid. The California drought killed that thing a long time ago! Just clean up your bottles and pick up your poop!

Wait. In California, neighbourhood kids come by and poop on your lawn?

Be all that as it may, I will continue to try and give people the benefit of the doubt and besides, why would I care if the OP liked Line6 or not?  It doesn't affect my view of them one iota.  Let them vent says I, because who cares?  I know people often "swing by" for parting shots at the faithful in forums on their way out the door and I really don't fully understand that behavior either.  It's some psych thing where it validates your choice by belittling others.  I get that part of it, but I always feel badly for those who do this because they are so insecure in their own choices.  But really, the flip side of that (Fan Boys) are just as bad aren't they?  I mean, if you're not hitting nirvana with your gear and express frustration over that, there is usually a cadre of people standing by to tell you how eff'd up you are, right?

Thinking about how the digital realm works, it is amazingly hard to get consistent results from setup to setup in my opinion.  Yeah, the POD (or whatever device) are all (mostly) the same and even the Variax guitars are a lot the same, but after that -- what are you listening through?  Monitors?  The SAME monitors as the guy you're taking advice from?  Atomic wedges?  PA Systems?  Headphones?  A half-stack?  Combo?  My point is that no matter how you are perceiving your gear, someone else is surely hearing something that actually is different and it can be very frustrating to hear people gush over their gear while yours sounds like poo to you despite your best efforts.  Ironically, often they run to the next perceived big thing in digital guitar world (AXEFx, Kemper, etc...) and it will be a lot the same very often;  total and gushing love at first, followed by a nagging suspicion that your tone should be better and often ending in a bitter divorce when you settle into it and realize that you've spent a LOT of money and it still isn't ringing your bell.  I think everyone eventually reaches a point of either accepting digital sources for what they are or dumping them and getting back to the basic guitar->pedals->amp setup if the sonic soup they create isn't satisfying to them.

Sorry for the ramble, but I have to say that for my own part, watching the gyrations of people trying to make their gear setups perfect for themselves is often just as much fun as playing guitar is.  Personally, I accept digital for what it is to ME and at times it is very satisfying and I have a tron of fun while at other times it is nothing but a huge distraction and I spend more time "tweaking parameters" than actually playing.  I have had my POD and Variax packed away for 5 weeks now because we are moving and you know what?  I pull out my acoustic instead everyday which has nearly zero tweaking capability (sans alternate tuning) and I just play the damn thing lol.  I will eventually set my digital rig up again, but until then I am hardly unable to enjoy playing guitar.

That post came from a fully matured brain. Well put."S". Whenever I read the forum and I see threads like this getting the kind of attention they get, which is quite a bit more than some I see which should be getting more, I realize that this is the nature of man. On the other hand when I read between the lines I can get some good info here and learn something. I also get a chuckle, lol.

I've spent some time very close to "The Most Dangerous City" in the U.S. which means I've seen some downright, lowdown people in action on a daily basis and this pales to that. There's a difference between a verbal fun joking jab at someone and a verbal malicious attack which may be followed by unmentionable actions. I guess what I'm gett'in at is it's important not to read too much into these threads 'cause there's too much other data missing in order to understand where these mildly malicious attacks come from. It's kinda like the texting thing, one cannot see what the facial expressions of the sender is in order to get the full meaning of it. There's something missing so to speak. Real communication can only happen when face to face IMO.

Now where's my guitar, lol.

Be all that as it may, I will continue to try and give people the benefit of the doubt and besides, why would I care if the OP liked Line6 or not?

Right! That's the point. No one cares! I mean if the OP silently slipped into the ether, who here on this forum is going to stay awake at night wondering if he has become frustrated and displeased with his line 6 gear enough to drop $4k on new stuff? I know how many...no one. Because no one cares.

I mean, if you're not hitting nirvana with your gear and express frustration over that, there is usually a cadre of people standing by to tell you how eff'd up you are, right?

Wrong. I respectfully but totally disagree with this statement. I personally have and will continue to express my frustrations with this gear if necessary. I've got long list of personal issues that frustrate me. But when I asked for help, there is a cadre of people standing by to offer helpfull tips and advice. You are going to get in return what you give on this forum and in life outside of this forum. If you are frustrated at falling short of nirvana and ask for help, then help is what you will get. Similarly, if you are frustrated at falling short of nirvana, and you lash out in a condescending, insulting manner, you're gonna be told how eff'd up you are. That's a gimme.

I see threads like this getting the kind of attention they get, which is quite a bit more than some I see which should be getting more, 

Which is something I said around page 3 (when certain people began the name calling) --- 

Too many people are takers and not providers. Then they criticize the very people that do provide. 

• Upvote 4

Which is something I said around page 3 (when certain people began the name calling) --- 

Too many people are takers and not providers. Then they criticize the very people that do provide. 

I read that and I must admit I may not offer as much as others in the area of providing answers to people but I try to help when I think I can.

I post quite a few sound tracks in the realm of guitar and drums or just solos and I've had a few people ask me how I obtained a particular sound and I respond with as much info as I can so they may try to duplicate it. I hold back no secrets in the area of tone making as I'm not an expert in field and consider myself always learning. I feel like I'm ready to concentrate on learning to read music so I can play and sing songs people are familiar with but I really like to just play guitar with no restraints, lol.

I always record using a Line 6 AISO device of some sort and I use RiffWorks and rewire Ableton 8 & Reason Adapted. I also use Instant Drummers and EQ everything. I use old AE Bose Headphones to monitor most of the time so I can keep the noise down. Many times I've used a noise gate with the threshold set very high which most people say is a tone sucker,  which I agree with, although I've been able to get workable tones by using RiffWorks to supplement and make up for the loss associated with noise gate tonesuck by using it's EQ, etc. to either boost or cut. When I use the noise gate this way I'm usually using my strat, which picks up quite a bit of noise locally. Most of all I try every possible combination, when I can, just to hear what the results are then make a mental note of what's happening and this makes it easier for me to set up the programs on the fly since I don't want to rely on saving patches, even though I do. Most of all, if I find myself spending too much time tweaking I stop and just plug into an amp and play. There is so many ways to set things it's mind boggling. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go and sometimes it nice to be able to explore different possibilities with the many paths available. I like to explore but I set time limits for myself so I don't zone out too much, lol.

In the end, I do this for fun, lol. Rock On! and let loose on your guitars or whatever instrument you can find :)

• Upvote 1

I may not offer as much as others 

Which is odd that you say that. 

I pay very little attention to who is saying what. I read a post and comment on it based on its content - not because of who is saying it.  

But I recognize your name. I may get you and the other guy (who I recognize by icon) confused from time to time, but for me to even recognize your name is a rarity. 

pianoguyy

"Which is something I said around page 3 (when certain people began the name calling) --- 

Too many people are takers and not providers. Then they criticize the very people that do provide."

If your referring to me, and I'm sure you are, then I will correct you by saying I have put in my fair share, and helped more than

I've been helped. AND, I will do it as concisely as possible, rather than meander on with un-necessarily long winded multiple

posts that confuse. Most people actually pay attention to who's who here, and what they say, that's how forums usually work.

The way I see it, especially after admitting that "nice" isn't a luxury at your disposal, that the name fits. Just because you have

an apparent disability, doesn't give you, or anyone, the right, or excuse, to be absent minded when it comes to social manners.

I feel like a Richard for putting it that way, but like you, I'm not sorry for a single word I just posted, it had to be said.

Manners, don't cost a thing.

• Upvote 1

Manners, don't cost a thing.

What do assumptions cost?

There are some folks that participated in this threads discussion that did some name calling and there are many more in this community that fit the greater description of "Takers vs. Providers"

Yet, you assume he is talking about you. Why? 

If the shoe doesn't fit, why are you trying to shove your foot into it?

BTW, I just watched Gangs of New York today and I thought of you! The Butcher! Have you seen that movie? It is awesome! 

lol, oh come now, you know I'm spear-heading this counter-assault more than any other in this thread, its quite a fair assumption. :P

And even by the off-chance it wasn't, I still stand by everything that I've said, with no regrets. The general message still applies.

Haven't seen it yet, but watched YouTube shorts and downloaded the movie a few days after I read your post, i'll watch it soon lol.

Yes you are spear heading and all of those kinds of things. And even if he IS talking about you directly….So what? You know how much you provide vs. what you take. According to you, you " have put in your fair share, and helped more than you've been helped. AND, you will do it as concisely as possible, (too late :P ) rather than meander on with un-necessarily long winded……yada yada yada." (does anyone else see the irony here? or is it just me?) So clearly what pianoguyy is saying doesn't apply to you. Right? So whats up with the opprobrium? Thin skinned maybe? Nawww! The Butcher is anything but thin skinned!!!! :P  (Wait till you see the movie!)

What I'm longwindedly attempting to convey is……If what some stranger on a Line 6 forum says doesn't apply to you….move on. 

You don't know that for sure, and none of it involved you from the get-go, so do you see your even greater irony suddenly

involving yourself outta nowhere just now ? LOL, This is getting stoopid. If you wanna re-enforce the notion that its ok to

be rude to others, then go right ahead buddy. Your just tryin to troll me with some kinda pseudo-logic. :P Moving on... 

You don't know that for sure, and none of it involved you from the get-go, so do you see your even greater irony suddenly

involving yourself outta nowhere just now ? LOL, This is getting stoopid. If you wanna re-enforce the notion that its ok to

be rude to others, then go right ahead buddy. Your just tryin to troll me with some kinda pseudo-logic. :P Moving on...

Whoa! Wait a second....your first post came out of nowhere and none of it involved you my friend! And I do believe upon your entre into this discussion after 10 or so posts, you so eloquently referred to folks a a bunch of a$$holes then later claim that "manners don't cost anything"

No, i don't see any greater irony here. What I see is a tad bit of hypocrisy.

Aside from you calling people A-holes while claiming they have no manners, what you are further saying is that it is acceptable for you to jump in unrelated and out of nowhere and call people a$$holes but it is not ok for me to jump in, unrelated and out of nowhere and ask you a question? C'mon Butch. Slow yer roll.

Edited by Tboneous

Tikanis Arislaf, don't mind the harmless banter, its just like a jerry springer episode, or a train crash in slow

motion, you know its stupid, but you watch it anyways lol. I think the topic is dead and gone anyways.

• Upvote 1

Oh…running away now? All of a sudden you are at a loss for words? I see…..Butcher…..I challenge you to a Cross Roads style duel! We'll meet in a Baptist style church somewhere in the southern United States. I get to be Ralph Machio (not because he ultimately wins but because he plays a Tele and I don't have one yet) You can be Steve Vai (or as he is known in the movie Jack Butler) That seems to be the most appropriate way for bitter rivals to solve a dispute on a forum about guitar stuff! 

Wait…you mean to say that we are NOT bitter rivals? Just 2 dudes, strangers to each other, chopping it up online? :unsure:  Can we still do the duel? I love Savannah Georgia in the spring! :P

HA
I am going to, not only put an end to the question of whether or not I was talking about you, but also make you look like a tool at the same time.

Read this post that I made regarding a different member.

pianoguyy, on 25 May 2015 - 1:37 PM, said:
I pay very little attention to who is saying what. I read a post and comment on it based on its content - not because of who is saying it.

In other words, I don't know who you are now. I don't know who you were then. You could be one person or a dozen people.
I don't know. 
I don't care. 

I respond to questions people ask, not to the people asking the question. I haven't even looked at your name to know who I am responding to.

Think of it this way: 
If were in a room with Satan, and you asked him "what's two plus two?"
If Satan said "FOUR", is this still the correct answer, or do you discount the response because of the source it came from? 

So, how does that make you feel. Knowing that you have this inner loathing of me. Yet, I haven't a clue who you are. I haven't even given you the dignity of looking at your name to be able to acknowledge you. 

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. 

However, the good part about it is this; 

In different threads, I have the capabilities of being your friend/ally simply because I don't know who spent the last few weeks slinging insults at me. Can you say the same in return? 

• Downvote 2