Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm off....Axe FX II XL+ inbound

GazzaBloom

We don't care about anything YOU have to say either......take your own advice and JUST LEAVE your nasty comments to yourself.

When I am done with L6 or the L6 forums, I will be gone. No announcement needed. 

When I am on tour, I won't need to let people know that I'll be back at the end of summer. I will just not be here. No one would care if I was here, gone, or coming back. No need to make an announcement about it. 

Did those that impulsively acted on the OP's thread think how this would appear to others ? i mean if i where new to this forum, just reading

this would turn me off wanting to be here.

Imagine if some sales guy at some retail outlet kicked you out the door cause you decided to purchase something else, you'd wanna punch

him in the face and never go back right ?  

I didn't act impulsively. I thought out every word before it was typed. And reviewed before hitting post. I am kind of methodical that way.

And with your retail analogy -- think of it another way.

You buy something. Dislike it. Buy something else, and then come back in to the store and announce in front of other customers "I hate your product and am only here so that everyone knows what a lollipop product you sell"

See, when you look at it from that perspective, you're damn right I am going to kick you out of the store. Maybe even put you on the "refuse service" list. 

JUST LEAVE. Stop logging in to your account. Delete the bookmark. There is no reason to make an announcement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What is the intention and purpose of announcing  a change of camp.

I came I saw and found this unit to be frustrating it is on ebay adios.

I woulda bought a Kemper for that kind of money.

A Fractal is a pita I hear to make your own patches on.

But also as quoted in Audio Technology magazine. "If you cant find the tone you want with a POD HD you might want to take up the trumpet!

But if you are just using a few of the FX in it , I understand it is popular with plenty of Pro rigs for its FX

Unfortunately, because my Pod does not allow me to use Android, I can't use it with my phone. This means that I will need to take a pc along with me. Which then means I might as well surf the web in my off time. 

Think about. Just like the lyrics say: the only time that seems too short is the time that we get to play. 

I cant say anything about leaving a forum .. guru3d has its trolls on there and you will notice its the same group of people day in day out, if you don't agree with everything they say or even dare to have your own opinion they would bash the cra! out off ya doing there best to make your posts look foolish, in the end they talked so much one minded ballsh!t, I ended up selling the hardware as it was not as advertised (specs they done a sneaky with, which effected the performance that I tested and proved it effects the performance) have not been back to that site/forum since ... just got bored of the same old cra! day in day out with that site. I find it funny how people will slam people at any give chance ... I just tell myself ahh its just children having there rant like when you buy them the wrong sweets....

I cant say anything about leaving a forum .. guru3d has its trolls on there and you will notice its the same group of people day in day out, if you don't agree with everything they say or even dare to have your own opinion they would bash the cra! out off ya doing there best to make your posts look foolish, in the end they talked so much one minded ballsh!t, I ended up selling the hardware as it was not as advertised (specs they done a sneaky with, which effected the performance that I tested and proved it effects the performance) have not been back to that site/forum since ... just got bored of the same old cra! day in day out with that site. I find it funny how people will slam people at any give chance ... I just tell myself ahh its just children having there rant like when you buy them the wrong sweets....

No, it is not children, this is the worst... But there is so much hate everywhere... It is not now days, it is always, but ppl found Internet to express their true characters through anonymity... It's the same ppl that smile to you everyday and wish you the best ;)

• Upvote 3

at the end of the day even line 6 has to use other branded products or they wouldn't be able to create the product HDxxx that they sell, in one way I can understand Why The OP posted he's moving over to the FX, could be due he's had enough with any issues he maybe coming across and just wanted to express his feelings, a bit like when I buy a new item and im really happy with it, the first thing a lot of people is look for a place to chat with other owners about there spanky new purchase, but if you find something your not happy with other owners may do there best to make you look foolish as they don't want you to pop there bubble .. any feed back good or bad is better than no feed back ... yea I know sometimes its not justified/needed but we are all human.

one reason I would move to the FX could be I have exhausted all the in depth options I can use with the Pod HD500 and want to take things further than the tech hardware can do, which I think if I remember rightly the Tigar Sharc APU in the FX is around 10 times more powerful than the HD500 APU and to top it off it has TWO of them, now you will have a lot of options to play around with IF that's your thing.

I said before and I will say it again.

The Pod HD500\X is most probs about the best you can get in sound quality, build quality and feature set rich options in its price range.

for the amount of money Line 6 charge I don't think there is anything quite as good in this price range IMO, although they maybe some newer units that maybe better or equal to the HD500X as lets not beat around the bush the tech is far from new.

I'm nice to people until they do something childish or stupid.  Such as coming on here after a handful of posts for a month and announcing to the world in what I consider a childish manner "I'm leaving". 

There's a lot of nice people on here that have helped me and a lot of others figure out how to get the most of their PODHD.  Tons of info and great advice.  But don't come on here and show your lollipop and act like a child.  Then you get posts like this...

I have a different opinion about the OP's original post, which I also found somewhat distasteful. It seems discourteous to L6, who host these forums for us.

On the other hand, if the OP had already bought and used his new Axe, and wanted to share his experiences, good or bad, I suppose I wouldn't object to that, as it might at least be helpful to others.

• Upvote 1

well its an forum on the internet so I guess it works both ways.

people can put what they want, not what you just want to read.

The bigger question for me IS what does Line 6 have Hidden away for future Hardware I am happy with how long Line 6 has kept this tech alive although im begging inside for them to release a new DSP based design bit of wizardry.

I personally think with the HD500x they have more or less hit the nail on the head in design, now I want them to take that and give it slightly more powerful newer tech dual DSP's ( like the newer version ADSP-21369 The third generation of SHARC® Processors) I think 2 of them would give you 4x the processing power the HD500x has atm.

why do I want line 6 to do that ? because I like the build quality and design of the HD500X and I know I would be most likely able to afford to buy it.

and if it was around the Â£500.00 price range :) it would be very a attractive price/performance irresistible purchase for me lol...

Eh.. its all good, people call it quits on a brand than cycle through on the next tech cycle. Its all good and keeps the competition/sales going.

Yes I wish I could afford one too!

Good Luck my man - I know the quest you are on! :)

-Bill

• Upvote 1

I have a different opinion about the OP's original post, which I also found somewhat distasteful. It seems discourteous to L6, who host these forums for us.

On the other hand, if the OP had already bought and used his new Axe, and wanted to share his experiences, good or bad, I suppose I wouldn't object to that, as it might at least be helpful to others.

Well, I don't much care one way or the other... but I believe the motivation to post things like that is the same thing that drives the masses to constantly announce to the world, through social media status updates, every time they wash the car, go to the bank, or post pictures of the beef with garlic sauce and pork fried rice that they had for lunch. It's a little game we all play. The poster pretends that there's an audience waiting with bated breath for an update on their toenail fungus, and then through an endless series of  mostly insincere, and half the time anonymous "likes" , that delusion is reinforced. It's a society-wide psych experiment that we're all performing on ourselves.  To what end, I have no idea. I suspect the end result will be a society of fat, near-sighted, agoraphobic narcissists...time will tell.

But at the end of the day, I'm really not sure how blowing a digital raspberry by announcing "I'm outta here suckers!", can be considered "helpful". That's why you see the push-back.

• Upvote 5

But at the end of the day, but I'm really not sure how blowing a digital raspberry by announcing "I'm outta here suckers!", can be considered "helpful". That's why you see the push-back.

+1

• Upvote 1

Well, I don't much care one way or the other... but I believe the motivation to post things like that is the same thing that drives the masses to constantly announce to the world, through social media status updates, every time they wash the car, go to the bank, or post pictures of the beef with garlic sauce and pork fried rice that they had for lunch. It's a little game we all play. The poster pretends that there's an audience waiting with bated breath for an update on their toenail fungus, and then through an endless series of  mostly insincere, and half the time anonymous "likes" , that delusion is reinforced. It's a society-wise psych experiment that we're all performing on ourselves.  To what end, I have no idea. I suspect the end result will be a society of fat, near-sighted, agoraphobic narcissists...time will tell.

But at the end of the day, but I'm really not sure how blowing a digital raspberry by announcing "I'm outta here suckers!", can be considered "helpful". That's why you see the push-back.

+100

• Upvote 1

Now, you see, I think it is best served as a pre-purchase. Not post purchase. 

Hey guys, I have these issues. Can they be fixed, can you tell me how to fix it, or should I just buy a new product.

Isn't that what help forums are for? 

I mean, once you already bought the new product and have already made the decision that you weren't keeping the old things as backup and had even already posted them for sale;

there's not much we can help you with. JUST GO AWAY. There is no reason to be here telling anyone that you are leaving. Just be gone.  

Unless you are a major contributor, because then we may miss you. But for the most part, just quit typing into your browser line6.com. Life goes on. Don't let the virtualdoor hit you in your cyberass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I often wonder when a good, solid player goes from a POD to AXE-FX or Kemper is the difference really that noticeable? No matter what I play through I sound like "me"....sounds dumb, but my point is I have been playing since the invention of dirt. I gig regularly, have my POD dialed in, it sounds great. However, there is a little part of my brain that wonders would a Kemper or AXE-FX sound that much better? If so, how much, 10%? 20%? It certainly won't make me a better player (although some argue you can be inspired by gear). I still will sound like me.

I think part of my problem is I get a little bored and want to try something new. I am hoping Line 6 comes out with a new fangled HD type pedal board. Why? because their price point is HIGHLY competitive, their stuff does sound great. It will remedy a little bit of my boredom with the product.

BTW, my boredom comment is not a dig at Line 6 at all...it is like buying a car...they are great for N number of years and then you want something new...even though the car is fine.

• Upvote 3

I often wonder when a good, solid player goes from a POD to AXE-FX or Kemper is the difference really that noticeable? No matter what I play through I sound like "me"....sounds dumb, but my point is I have been playing since the invention of dirt. I gig regularly, have my POD dialed in, it sounds great. However, there is a little part of my brain that wonders would a Kemper or AXE-FX sound that much better? If so, how much, 10%? 20%? It certainly won't make me a better player (although some argue you can be inspired by gear). I still will sound like me.

Oh man spot on. If I am not trying to hit a tone for a cover I usually default to almost the same tone, which the HD has made better - HD'ish (?).

+1 to you DoooOoode! :)

Dang...... hope dude comes back and let us know what his experience with using the AxeFX is........ let us know what he likes about it and if he has any disappointments with it....... 

Dang...... hope dude comes back and let us know what his experience with using the AxeFX is........ let us know what he likes about it and if he has any disappointments with it....... 

No offense but I don't see that happening... think about it... you just dropped 3-4 grand on a gear change and made a public announcement over it...  Is there any chance at all you would post anything other than "this is the single greatest move of my life"?  and as Hillary says "what difference at this point, would it make"?

Would you sell your gear and move to Fractal if he said he liked it?

hillary-clinton-what-difference-does-it-

• Upvote 1

No matter what I play through I sound like "me"....sounds dumb, but my point is I have been playing since the invention of dirt.

I couldn't agree more.

I do still gig with my regular pedalboard with analog pedals into my amp. I do DI my board into a Hughes and Kettner Redbox and use the amp as my monitor.

I have tried my POD into my tube amp in the studio though and after a little tweaking... it sounds like my normal rig. I'm in the process of recording my third solo album and had recorded five tracks prior to me getting the HD500X. I had every intention of finishing the recordings with the amp, pedals and mic but I've been so impressed with the POD that I've had to rethink that decision.

It's now a "whatever suits the track" that's what I'll use. I did record some tracks with the amp and mic and compared it to the POD and a lot of times the difference is so subtle that in the mix even I couldn't hear that much of a difference.

I'm very happy with the POD.

I'm about to get the new model packs and when I do it's going to be the subject of my next video in the series...

• Upvote 4

I think part of my problem is I get a little bored and want to try something new. I am hoping Line 6 comes out with a new fangled HD type pedal board. Why? because their price point is HIGHLY competitive, their stuff does sound great. It will remedy a little bit of my boredom with the product.

BTW, my boredom comment is not a dig at Line 6 at all...it is like buying a car...they are great for N number of years and then you want something new...even though the car is fine.

I posted previously but I don't mind talking about it again. I owned a HD500 for about 5 years and a DT25 for about 3. I've gigged and recorded with them and always found they sounded good and don't believe that I could learn that much more to progress my tones. I've been playing for 25 years and have owned a few nice amps along the road but found the POD's switching and all round capabilities quite compelling for band/live use, particularly now that I find myself as the lead vocalist too.

As my guitar collection grew (being a grown up with a disposable income has its benefits!) in both quantity and quality I started to consider my amp and effects set-up. Each of my patches would have fairly extensive EQing to get them to where I wanted but I still found them wanting, even if only a little bit. Do you have days where you spend time dialling in a tone only to dislike it the next time you play? It got to the point where I was having more bad days than good.

Fast forward to the most impulsive purchase of my life and the sudden ownership of a Kemper Powerhead. Due to my use of IEMs in my band and no desire to get into tap dancing nor four cable methods again, I'd looked at and ruled out many, many amps but the Kemper ticked every box and then some. But importantly, how did it sound?

I confess I spent little time at all with the factory content so can't really comment on it. I'd added about £40 worth of amps from The Amp Factory in the first few days. Not because factory content was poor; listening to The Amp Factory samples was part of what made me pull the trigger on the Kemper and I'd downloaded it before the amp was ever plugged in! 

Anyway, my initial impression was that the difference between the Kemper and the POD/DT combo wasn't as much as I'd hoped for, although I'd kind of expected that. After a few more days, I'd really made progress wading through the thousands of profiles I'd imported and was able to focus on the stuff that suits my tastes. It takes a little while to understand the difference between Line 6 and Kemper's intention. To summarise, Line 6 aim to make the Vox AC30 model (for example) sound authentic and also to behave like an AC30, throughout different levels of gain, tone stack interactions and master volume etc. Kemper's ambition is very different. The AC30 profiles are like a snapshot of one setting. No single profile covers the different settings of the amp and you need to spend time wading through them to find what you're after. So it's probably better to think of the EQ on the Kemper as an EQ pedal in the effects loop or the EQ on a Mesa MkIV. It certainly doesn't have a 'Cut' function on the AC30 models! 

So that said, I honestly have found the tones much closer to what I want. I've removed the factory content and have about forty profiles loaded, all of which are tones that I'd use and sound great to me. I won't say they sound better because I don't think it's possible to measure but it's a different process. You can select a JCM800 profile which sounds great and copy the effects straight from another patch you've created in just a couple of seconds. With the POD, I never found the default settings of any of the amps were anywhere near close and I'd spend ages dialling in the settings after changing the amp model. 

Anyway, I'm not ever going to beat on Line 6. I still have some of their gear (I'm using the HD500 as a midi controller and backup rig) but for me, the Kemper hasn't disappointed.

• Upvote 1

No offense but I don't see that happening... think about it... you just dropped 3-4 grand on a gear change and made a public announcement over it...  Is there any chance at all you would post anything other than "this is the single greatest move of my life"?  and as Hillary says "what difference at this point, would it make"?

Would you sell your gear and move to Fractal if he said he liked it?

yea, I agree with you. He could have posted his frustrations in a different way. I wouldn't have sold my stuff (I get too attached to my gear even tho I don't use them for a while), I wouldn't have said goodbye but I would def share my experience with the AxeFX with the group here if I would have bought one.   

More power to him. I hope the AxeFX works out for him.  

I posted previously but I don't mind talking about it again. Anyway, I'm not ever going to beat on Line 6. I still have some of their gear (I'm using the HD500 as a midi controller and backup rig) but for me, the Kemper hasn't disappointed.

Thanks!  I appreciate a well thought out, informative, review of competitive products.  Glad its working for you...

• Upvote 2

No, it is not children, this is the worst... But there is so much hate everywhere... It is not now days, it is always, but ppl found Internet to express their true characters through anonymity... It's the same ppl that smile to you everyday and wish you the best ;)

I agree totally !

It's so ugly when people go out of their way to be like this. Pretty gutless too.

If they tried it in person, somebody would knock their teeth out.

But here, you can hide and be a real tough guy 'cause you have a computer and no adult supervision. 

Worst of all, none of them really have anything to say other than spreading some more hate loaded posts to                                    this forum. The majority of us don't care for, or want to see that crap here or anywhere else for that matter.

You want to be able to post your thoughts, but publicly ridicule the next guy for posting his. That's really                                          childish and immature at best.

I would like to thank everybody here that has spoken up. 

This forum has become the playground of some real hatemongers, so I be talking to the decent people by PM.

The rest of you can have at it.......until Mommy makes you go to bed.

Shawn

• Upvote 1

I wonder if he sends this type of stuff to a car manufacturer when he switches brands?

Sorry Gillette but your blades just aren't cutting it for me any more. I want to let everyone know that I am switching to a much more expensive boutique brand of blades and I just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you should now feel inferior to me.

-Max

• Upvote 1

There's one guy here, and I won't say who (maybe you know), that posts here day in day out with what I personally see as consistent drivel, and never

really helps in any way, he just wants to "appear" knowledgeable in a self revering manner. There have been many times his posts have almost motivated

me to log in, and skilfully make an a$$ of him, but I don't, it would be too easy, and I don't want to become the bitter cynical person I see in some

of the others. But theres one thing I won't be silent about, and that's aiding in the suppression of negative feedback. While it seems fine to post endless

threads of how wonderful the POD HD is, those that express negatives are immediately jumped on by the small group of cynics, which puts out the message

of "if you don't got anything good to say, don't say it at all". Whats the point of being here if both can't be expressed or debated equally, in a type of democracy.

If the OP can find some spare time to post back his experience with his new found toy, I'd love to read about it in exquisite detail. Be interesting to see what

his opinion would be after making the specific transition from a POD HD to a Fractal AXE FX. Something can be learnt from this topic, if you allow it.

• Upvote 3

Well, he's leaving but I'm just starting. Had a ton of Amazon credit & nothing really to get after I bought a EHX Super Pulsar so owning & being a fan of my old Vetta II, I decided to take the leap & pick up the 500X. I'll have it Wednesday so after a day or two of futzing around with it, I'll let ya know what I think.

• Upvote 1

Blah Blah Blah...

Absolutely correct all that you said. I also wish this guy to come here and tell his experience with fractal (stated at my 1st post)

I don't know why a hell of ppl have adopt the facebook style like or say nothing bad... Isn't that the fractal comunity the one that does exactly the same? And very ofthe get accused for being such a BS...

• Upvote 1

To inject a little humor maybe...

For anyone who has seen Wargames, this thread keeps reminding of the scene: "Remember when you told me to tell you when you're acting rudely and insensitively? You're doing it now." :)

Note that that scene can be applied either way in the context of this thread.

Well, he's leaving but I'm just starting. Had a ton of Amazon credit & nothing really to get after I bought a EHX Super Pulsar so owning & being a fan of my old Vetta II, I decided to take the leap & pick up the 500X. I'll have it Wednesday so after a day or two of futzing around with it, I'll let ya know what I think.

Welcome to the board! Most people here are friendly and helpful!

• Upvote 1

Could you tell all of us about your tour so we can make sure we're not there either ??        

LMAO !  :lol:

Absolutely correct all that you said. I also wish this guy to come here and tell his experience with fractal (stated at my 1st post)

I don't know why a hell of ppl have adopt the facebook style like or say nothing bad... Isn't that the fractal comunity the one that does exactly the same? And very ofthe get accused for being such a BS...

Haven't personally done much reading at the fractal forums, as i don't own any of

their products. I've read a lot of their support manuals tho, just out of curiosity. 

Welcome to the board! Most people here are friendly and helpful!

Yup, welcome !

I posted previously but I don't mind talking about it again. I owned a HD500 for about 5 years and a DT25 for about 3. I've gigged and recorded with them and always found they sounded good and don't believe that I could learn that much more to progress my tones. I've been playing for 25 years and have owned a few nice amps along the road but found the POD's switching and all round capabilities quite compelling for band/live use, particularly now that I find myself as the lead vocalist too.

As my guitar collection grew (being a grown up with a disposable income has its benefits!) in both quantity and quality I started to consider my amp and effects set-up. Each of my patches would have fairly extensive EQing to get them to where I wanted but I still found them wanting, even if only a little bit. Do you have days where you spend time dialling in a tone only to dislike it the next time you play? It got to the point where I was having more bad days than good.

Fast forward to the most impulsive purchase of my life and the sudden ownership of a Kemper Powerhead. Due to my use of IEMs in my band and no desire to get into tap dancing nor four cable methods again, I'd looked at and ruled out many, many amps but the Kemper ticked every box and then some. But importantly, how did it sound?

I confess I spent little time at all with the factory content so can't really comment on it. I'd added about £40 worth of amps from The Amp Factory in the first few days. Not because factory content was poor; listening to The Amp Factory samples was part of what made me pull the trigger on the Kemper and I'd downloaded it before the amp was ever plugged in! 

Anyway, my initial impression was that the difference between the Kemper and the POD/DT combo wasn't as much as I'd hoped for, although I'd kind of expected that. After a few more days, I'd really made progress wading through the thousands of profiles I'd imported and was able to focus on the stuff that suits my tastes. It takes a little while to understand the difference between Line 6 and Kemper's intention. To summarise, Line 6 aim to make the Vox AC30 model (for example) sound authentic and also to behave like an AC30, throughout different levels of gain, tone stack interactions and master volume etc. Kemper's ambition is very different. The AC30 profiles are like a snapshot of one setting. No single profile covers the different settings of the amp and you need to spend time wading through them to find what you're after. So it's probably better to think of the EQ on the Kemper as an EQ pedal in the effects loop or the EQ on a Mesa MkIV. It certainly doesn't have a 'Cut' function on the AC30 models! 

So that said, I honestly have found the tones much closer to what I want. I've removed the factory content and have about forty profiles loaded, all of which are tones that I'd use and sound great to me. I won't say they sound better because I don't think it's possible to measure but it's a different process. You can select a JCM800 profile which sounds great and copy the effects straight from another patch you've created in just a couple of seconds. With the POD, I never found the default settings of any of the amps were anywhere near close and I'd spend ages dialling in the settings after changing the amp model. 

Anyway, I'm not ever going to beat on Line 6. I still have some of their gear (I'm using the HD500 as a midi controller and backup rig) but for me, the Kemper hasn't disappointed.

Thank you for a description of the difference between these two products. I can definitely see the benefit of owning a gadget such as a Kemper. I am someone who loves to play around with different effects and amps. My POD HD500 suits that need quite nicely. I would love to play around with a Kemper or Axe FX but I would have to really impressed to spend the amount of money these devices cost.

I know I will eventually need to move on from my POD HD500 and I hope to stick with whatever Line 6 has planned for the future. One thing is for sure, because of how happy I have been with all of my Line 6 products, they will be the first but not the only, product I consider. 

Welcome GuitarAnthony,

I am sure this is not the first forum you may have joined, and it appears to me at least this forum is pretty much the same as others, you will find a lot of helpful people and also a few who will do there best to troll on you if you find anything negative from your Pod purchase.

The HD500/X might get you in a head spin to start with until you get used of it many features and best way for you to set it up, my advice would be just stick with it, I have owned mine (second hand purchase HD500) for around 2 months and now starting to really understand what I am doing.

I have sort of worked out the basics with the unit and now playing with tweaking settings, there are quite a few things that can be tweaked, but the best bit is there are a lot of long term users on this forum who can help you with getting the best from your HD500X

have fun fella.

I still want LINE 6 to release an Dual DSP Version for the HD range ...