Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm off....Axe FX II XL+ inbound

GazzaBloom

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I've been playing guitar for thirty years & this is by no means my first rodeo with multi effect units. I loved my Boss GT-10 & it was for that reason I went with the GT-100 when deciding which to get between than and the 500X. I can say without shame that I made the wrong decision. I was content with my single pedals setup but since the opportunity arose (and as stated, own a Vetta II with the two pedal longboard) I jumped into the Line 6 pool.

nothing wrong with him expressing his feelings, no more than you not liking what he has posted and expressing your feelings back on the matter, and I would not be surprised in the least if Gillette get these type of letters .. lol

What some of us don't understand is what is exactly is the point of the original post? What was it supposed to accomplish? This type of look at me posts usually draw well deserved ridicule.

It isn't that I don't like what he has to say (you completely failed at mind reading by the way) as I could care less what device he is using or what car he drives or pretty much anything about the guy. I come here to read about how to use my HD500 better and to find out about upcoming releases and such. Posts about how Joe Blow has decided that he wants to use some other device doesn't contribute anything to HD500 users as far as I can tell. It seems the point of the post was akin to posting what he had for dinner or what he watched on television last night (hey everyone look at me!).

-Max

• Upvote 2

I agree totally !

It's so ugly when people go out of their way to be like this. Pretty gutless too.

If they tried it in person, somebody would knock their teeth out.

But here, you can hide and be a real tough guy 'cause you have a computer and no adult supervision. 

Worst of all, none of them really have anything to say other than spreading some more hate loaded posts to                                    this forum. The majority of us don't care for, or want to see that crap here or anywhere else for that matter.

You want to be able to post your thoughts, but publicly ridicule the next guy for posting his. That's really                                          childish and immature at best.

I would like to thank everybody here that has spoken up. 

This forum has become the playground of some real hatemongers, so I be talking to the decent people by PM.

The rest of you can have at it.......until Mommy makes you go to bed.

Shawn

Let's not forget though, that the OP went out of his way to make the dramatic exit, which serves no purpose at all, other than self-gratification. No useful information was offered, no "It's been swell, I found a lot of good info here, so thanks to all those who helped out"...I dare say that the reaction would have been much different had he chosen to go about it that way. There would have been a lot more "Good luck"  posts, instead of "Don't let the door hit you in the arse".

Instead, it was nothing but "I couldn't get what I needed from this thing, so I'm outta here". It's flippant and dismissive. Talk to people that way, and it shouldn't surprise you when nobody wants to buy you lunch.

It's not like he's the misfit kid who got beaten up at recess because nobody liked his shoes. Nobody singled him out, he singled himself out...if you invite ridicule, you don't get to cry foul when it comes your way.

it's gratifying to see a whole new crop of users begin contributing to the community.  Now can everyone just stop trying to regulate and control the tone and content of one another's posts? 

Maybe now we can return to posting helpful information, tips and tricks, new discoveries or asking questions about how to improve our use of Line 6 gear... 

I for one, don't care how the competitor's gear works; I can go to other sites for that information.

• Upvote 1

it's gratifying to see a whole new crop of users begin contributing to the community. Now can everyone just stop trying to regulate and control the tone and content of one another's posts?

Maybe now we can return to posting helpful information, tips and tricks, new discoveries or asking questions about how to improve our use of Line 6 gear...

I for one, don't care how the competitor's gear works; I can go to other sites for that information.

Amen...

simple thing to do is not bother answering if it has no interest to you.

He was so kind to all of us over the years. He made such an impact to all of us using the HD500. And he made sure that he give us all his well wishes when his time to move on came about. 

It would only be polite to give him a proper send off. 

Edited by Line6Tony
Improper image

you make me laff :) troll on fella :) like you do best of all just because you rate yourself don't mean other people respect what you say Bit!

I'm sure you mean well but on this side of the pond we are mostly laughing at your comments..  I know you folks over there aren't quite the free speech lovers we are and like to think you can control the discussion but on this side of the pond we pretty much say what we feel when we want to say it...  if your feelings are hurt, well, its just a forum...  the folks you are bashing have spent a lot of time and effort answering questions and giving advice to others on these boards, some of it even to you and your questions...

I realize you just got here last month but perhaps you could get back to how the gear works, how best to use it, ways to help others improve their guitar tone instead of trying to impose your ideas of civility on the world...  just saying...

• Upvote 1

I realize you just got here last month but perhaps you could get back to how the gear works, how best to use it, ways to help others improve their guitar tone instead of trying to impose your ideas of civility on the world...  just saying...

That wouldn't be nearly as satisfying though. Taking the moral high ground is a wonderful way of patting yourself on the back without actually having to do anything. Just ask a politician...

Are you all done?

Well, I appear to have whipped up a sandstorn there didn't I? That most certainly wasn't my intention.

My farewell post may have been laced with bravado, but I am thrilled to be able to move up to an Axe-FX with a CLR monitor, that's the best part of £3K of my hard earned money spent, and that,s cash not credit, so I will be feeling every £ if this new rig doesn't deliver. I will be lucky to get £500 back from the Line 6 rig, what with Ebay's cut, so I am taking a huge leap of faith.

I did not intend to insult or offend anyone and If I have please accept my apologies, however, I would like to mention a few points relating to my experience here:

1) I am not a Line 6 newbie and you should not judge the number of posts here as a reflection for my time with Line 6 equipment. I have been using L6 gear for best part of ten years. I have only really posted when I needed help or have been frustrated with the sounds, and that has been mostly since I switched up to the HD line.

2) Candidly, I have found this forum frustrating and some of the senior members, one in particular, has quite a snooty attitude and basically suggest that he can't be bothered to go into the details to help and that we should keep tweaking and figure it out. This is one of the most disappointing and unhelpful forums I have participated in, like it or not, agree or not, that is my opinion only and should be viewed as that. This is no way affects my view of Line 6 as a company.

3) I can certainly post back with some feedback on the Axe-FX experience, it should arrive on Thursday, if anyone is interested.

4) I will watch for future product developments from Line 6 with interest and may well purchase again as all of the Line 6 gear I have owned has been well built and very reliable.

I'm pleased that there are many satisfied L6 users out there and I was one for many years.

Good luck all, stay happy and healthy and keep playing!

Gazza

• Upvote 6

Damn you!  Come in here and make a nice post like that and take all the wind out of our sails...  LOL...  Best of luck and sure, tell us how it works out...

And it did indeed elicit a better reaction, didn't it? What more proof does anyone need?

Gazza...good luck in your tone quest. Guitar players are mostly loony, OCD types. The next piece of gear is always just around the corner....

"But that will be the last thing I need...honest, honey!"...I don't think my wife believes that anymore... ;)

It's ..if you invite ridicule, you don't get to cry foul when it comes your way.

Unless it's directed at you.....................3 pages of posts full of ridicule,yet everyone claims to want to be nice or helpful?

look at how many posts these guys make....thousands...few include help or info. This is their forum....don't you forget it.

They must be the most IMPORTANT people in the universe.

Of course one can't help but notice you can't ever get them to stop or shut-up.

They just spew the same-o same-o and can't wait to congratulate each other on their wit.

Positive votes for these comments???  Really??   

HEY LINE6

How about a forum site for ADULTS that have some CLASS.

These bugger pickers here are starting to chap my hide.

Shawn K

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for a description of the difference between these two products. I can definitely see the benefit of owning a gadget such as a Kemper. I am someone who loves to play around with different effects and amps. My POD HD500 suits that need quite nicely. I would love to play around with a Kemper or Axe FX but I would have to really impressed to spend the amount of money these devices cost.

I know I will eventually need to move on from my POD HD500 and I hope to stick with whatever Line 6 has planned for the future. One thing is for sure, because of how happy I have been with all of my Line 6 products, they will be the first but not the only, product I consider. 

It's all relative to your situation. I bought my HD500 when I was playing a '90s Gibson LP Studio and had not long bought a house. I'm now playing several USA PRS guitars and have a healthy bank balance, I'm 37 but have recently been to funerals of those of my age. I've no idea how long I'll be here so why wouldn't I buy something if I could? I'd been trying out some amps, such as a Friedman BE100 but I really prefer something programmable, small and with flexible connections and the Kemper did everything I wanted.

Are you all done?

2) Candidly, I have found this forum frustrating and some of the senior members, one in particular, has quite a snooty attitude and basically suggest that he can't be bothered to go into the details to help and that we should keep tweaking and figure it out. This is one of the most disappointing and unhelpful forums I have participated in, like it or not, agree or not, that is my opinion only and should be viewed as that. This is no way affects my view of Line 6 as a company.

Gazza

I must agree with this. I've been here for 4 years and I have lost track of how many posts I've made where I've suggesting my solutions to the OP's problems, yet I'm largely ignored/overlooked. No one has been rude but it's been difficult to feel part of a community. But then, most of the posters here join up to ask a specific question and then disappear so I can see how it happens, so please don't take offence. 

Are you all done?

Well, I appear to have whipped up a sandstorn there didn't I? That most certainly wasn't my intention.

My farewell post may have been laced with bravado, but I am thrilled to be able to move up to an Axe-FX with a CLR monitor, that's the best part of £3K of my hard earned money spent, and that,s cash not credit, so I will be feeling every £ if this new rig doesn't deliver. I will be lucky to get £500 back from the Line 6 rig, what with Ebay's cut, so I am taking a huge leap of faith.

I did not intend to insult or offend anyone and If I have please accept my apologies, however, I would like to mention a few points relating to my experience here:

1) I am not a Line 6 newbie and you should not judge the number of posts here as a reflection for my time with Line 6 equipment. I have been using L6 gear for best part of ten years. I have only really posted when I needed help or have been frustrated with the sounds, and that has been mostly since I switched up to the HD line.

3) I can certainly post back with some feedback on the Axe-FX experience, it should arrive on Thursday, if anyone is interested.

4) I will watch for future product developments from Line 6 with interest and may well purchase again as all of the Line 6 gear I have owned has been well built and very reliable.

I'm pleased that there are many satisfied L6 users out there and I was one for many years.

Gazza

I appreciate the classy return Gazza! Hope you get the tone you are looking for! I for one would love to hear about your experiences with the Axe-FX especially on how it compares to the POD HD500!

Good Luck!

look at how many posts these guys make....thousands...few include help or info.

Hey Shawn - you should probably stop with the generalizations.  You like to leave it vague enough that nobody can really tell who you are talking about that it could be just about anyone on any given day.  Have you read through those thousands of posts? Really? 

There are a lot of guys on here that have spent a LOT of time helping others get the most out of their gear or solve general problems...  and occasionally some of us still post things you may not agree with... mostly there is a grain of humor included but sometimes it generates butt hurt...  not intentional but not apologizing either...

When you've been here a while you will see these same posts repeated over and over... different poster, same idea... so yes, it can generate an unexpected response... funny how we all keep reading though...

Steve

I don't claim to be nice. Partially because of the Autism. Nice isn't a luxury I have. Do you know what I do have instead of being nice? The ability to get the job done. No one wants to be my friend, and it doesn't bother me because I don't process emotion like that. But everyone wants to work with me because i get the job done. 

Would you rather go nowhere with a guy you can hangout and drink with, or accomplish something with someone that is going to do his job and then leave you to drink with whomever you damn well please. 

BUT, enough about that... 

Do you see a conflict with what some of you are saying? 

You don't want to post answers to other people's questions because you are tired of people who do answer them. But you don't want the people who do answer them to answer them. 

That means that the alternative is to let questions go unanswered. And just how would you feel if you came here looking for help and no one answered, or they did answer but it took a week for someone to come around to answer it. 

How about the guys who said they only come around when they want to ask questions? 

I bet you're glad that not everyone is a leech and only shows up when they need something from someone. Some people have to provide, in order for others to take. If the only people coming around were novices that didn't know anything, how would anyone know anything. 

Answer some damn questions to help others more often than once in a blue moon. Maybe the more you decided to assist others, the less that the people who you despise, will need to do it. 

Which, the same can be said about Customtone. A lot of you like to talk about the 'garbage' you find on there. But how many of those same people have contributed their own files? 

You know, just like in life. You all hate the rich people (the providers), but you love the jobs they provide you with and you certainly enjoy the taxes that they pay. 

LEECHES. All forums have them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Getting mad at people on an internet forum is just as pointless as trying to warn the characters on the screen at a movie to not go in that house. It might make you feel better but everyone around you is snickering.

-Max

Hey Shawn - you should probably stop with the generalizations.  You like to leave it vague enough that nobody can really tell who you are talking about that it could be just about anyone on any given day.  Have you read through those thousands of posts? Really? 

There are a lot of guys on here that have spent a LOT of time helping others get the most out of their gear or solve general problems...  and occasionally some of us still post things you may not agree with... mostly there is a grain of humor included but sometimes it generates butt hurt...  not intentional but not apologizing either...

When you've been here a while you will see these same posts repeated over and over... different poster, same idea... so yes, it can generate an unexpected response... funny how we all keep reading though...

Steve

What was that you were saying about having the wind taken out of your sails? Nice of him to provide a fresh gust, lol. It's a hot wind, though. ;)

i quote an old fruitless invitation by deandinosaur.

as far as i know, this till now remains "nobody-accepts-the-challenge"...

keep on rocking everbody!!!!  :)

Here's a quick Scientific challenge to prove that the POD HD is just as capable as Kemper or AXE II

and No it's not a challenge of playing Skills either.

Anyone who's reading this thread who has an AXE FX or Kemper can post  a downloadable link to two small files of MP3 quality of 160kbps or above of a short performance using their favorite patch in that device (Kemper or AXE II). The two tracks should be of the same performance, one of them is a DI track,  so I, or any POD HD owners, will re-amp that track using the POD HD  to "Tone Match" or "Profile" the wet track using only the POD HD and human ears

:D 

I personally guarantee that I will get you a sound that will be very close and if not identical it might be better and I will post the HD 500 Patch. If you keep posting different sounds, I will keep posting corresponding  patches using HD500 until you have enough to consider whether you want to keep your Kemper or AXE. If you're interested  that  we get closer patches, it would be nice to give little information about the amp or pedals used.

Fair enough?  I think it's more that fair and it's the only way that will give an accurate representation of what each unit can do.

Any other approach involving two different performances by two different players will be skewed for very obvious reasons (more skilled player will sound better regardless) . Anyone who has a Kemper or AXE II should be able to provide a direct track fairly easy, but I have a feeling that no one will provide direct tracks because sadly people in general don't like to face reality head on. I don't think someone who spent 2500 or more on AXEII is interested in having his direct track Re-amped using the POD HD coming out sounding the same and better. Make no mistake about it, it will sound just as good or better using the POD HD.

• Upvote 1

i quote an old fruitless invitation by deandinosaur.

as far as i know, this till now remains "nobody-accepts-the-challenge"...

keep on rocking everbody!!!!  :)

THWACK! The proverbial gauntlet has been thrown down once again....if ANY of us spent as much time playing as we do debating this crap, we'd all be on the cover of guitar magazines. It really is kinda pathetic, lol...and we're all guilty. :P

"I don't think someone who spent 2500 or more on AXEII is interested in having his direct track Re-amped using the POD HD coming out sounding the same and better. Make no mistake about it, it will sound just as good or better using the POD HD."[/size]

It's such an ugly attitude and there should be no need for this nonsense.

How far do we go with this? Will the track you record with a £400 Mexican Strat sound better on a £3000 Fender Custom Shop? Would your favourite band sound better with more accomplished musicians in it? Will an Aston Martin get me to work in rush hour any better than my 10 year old Ford? Will I be happier in your house because it is bigger than mine?

We don't need to prove anything to each other, we only need to justify our purchases to ourselves and those that rely on our income. I bought a Kemper and within days I'd nailed tones that I have spent 5 years chasing unsuccessfully with Line 6. I'm happy.  Your mileage may vary and the HD PODs may be exactly what you need. Bloody good for you. 

I left Facebook about 4 years ago with no announcement except privately to the band I quit because they did all band business on Facebook.I left FB so I could have interaction with intelligent accomplished innovative musicians on V-Guitar Forum/ The Gear Page/ Line 6 Forum/The Marshall Forum etc...I consider forum membership to be a privilege and am grateful for all the help I have received here and at the other forums. I especially learn a lot from posts I dont agree with. More than the ones I do. Great athletes know that you do not learn anything from winning.You only learn when you lose.So I guess I am announcing that good,bad or otherwise I AM STAYING AS A MEMBER OF L6 FORUMS!

• Upvote 3

there's nothing better than being proven wrong ... better to have the correct info than believing wrong info, which leads to all types of people Quoting the Wrong info they think is true just because they read it on the good ol www.com ... and this happens all the time ... sometimes mistakes are the only way to learn.

• Upvote 1

look at how many posts these guys make....thousands...few include help or info. This is their forum....don't you forget it.

They must be the most IMPORTANT people in the universe.

lol yeh, post count and frequency might be a reflection of their ego ? or to be noticed by the moderators so they get anointed themselves

as a moderator. As I understand it, moderators receive free stuff from Line6 as payment, it would certainly be an incentive for some to

clock up posts. Nobody tries to help that much for no reason at all lol. A whole lotta quantity, and not much quality, BAM! yup, i said it.

Surely a person would know all there is to know about a MFX unit after 1000 posts, and at-least as much reading ? interesting observation.

Yeah but some like to throw some help out there to help passing the mind numbing phase of idle time. Sometimes explaining things helps to further cement an understanding of the gear. Others are just great guys who get weary of repeating the same answer over and over. But they still do it albeit progressively gruffer if argued with :) All in all, kefuffles aside, there are awesome nuggets of community love in here.

The L6 Experts know the L6 gear and IIRC do some beta testing, which is great and well earned, as they have proven to have nuts and bolts dug into the gear, its application "and" have maintained a helpful presence and will do so in the future, its advantageous for all. Besides they actually might like doing it :) 

2 Cents and no lollipop kissing intended.

-Bill

• Upvote 2

I admit English is not my mother tongue but what exactly "Richard Craniums the lot of you" means? I also wonder who is Richard Craniums...

I don't know if anyone answered this yet but here it is.

Richard - D-i-c-k

Cranium - Head

Put the two together.