Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk firmware v1.1 feature

bond19

I was trolling around on this site and it looks like one of the requested features for Firehawk will be addressed with version 1.1. There will be a channel level, to allow patches to be normalized in comparison to each other- when engaged, the big volume knob will turn pink.

I am thinking just the thinking outside the box to merge the 2 different colored leds to make another, which will be used for something different, is why I am glad I got turned on to line 6 products.

The Channel Volume is like a Master for just the amp, and it is stored with the patch. It adjusts the output level without affecting the tone (like the “Gain†control on the amps would). This is the control you use to level your presets relative to each other. The slightly quirky thing here is that it does live in the amp processing slot, so it happens in the signal chain before the post effects. In v1.1 firmware and later, pressing the big knob until the LEDs are pink acts as a short cut to accessing this control without the app.

why would it have to be sanctioned by Apple and or Google when you can simply use the USB and your computer to do the install. Also if we have to wait for that approval can we at least have the release notes to know what to expect.

I love my Firehawk but after the lag issue mistakenly hitting the lower buttons is the biggest problem. I am really hoping for some type of lock setting for those buttons. Also how hard would it be to light the up down buttons for dark stages? Am I being greedy?

I'm right there with you gshamusphoto.  I just figured it would take me a while to get used to tip-toeing over the preset row.  For now, I am using two presets for sounds I need to activate or deactivate the stomp on.  Which stinks sometimes, because of the lag on changes.  I noticed if you use non-HD features, the lag is much less on preset changes.

First I will say I really do like the Firehawk, compared to my HD500 it can be much easier to get a good sounding patch quickly. Sometimes not having tons of features and options to mess with is better. Set up my amp, get a mod, delay and maybe a OD and I am set to go. That being said I feel as though there are many small details that were over looked that need to be fixed. Some will hopefully be in the update some maybe in a new model further down the line. I understand that there is a process to approving the update etc but for some of us here we are hanging on the fence debating to keep the Firehawk or return it. Remember there is a limited time most retail sellers will give to return an item and mine is quickly approaching. I simply do not understand why someone at Line6 can not just say yes that issue or that issue will be addressed. Sorry but after many times being disappointed by the lack of addressing problems or being told something is on the way there needs to be some kind of conformation, if not I may have to return my Firehawk. For me the BT is much too glitchy, dropping out on both IOS & Android devices. The lag time for me is not as much an issue but also needs to be addressed. The software itself is setup way different depending on what device you are using, I use my iPad mini, iPhone 6 and my Galaxy tab each has a different way to save and access patches, why? Yes I would have loved for there to be a hardwired software solution much like Line6 edit for the times I don't need to have a mobile editing solution, a slightly higher 2nd level for the stomp buttons so I won't accidentally hit the lower ones, up and down buttons that light up for dark stages and yes a looper. All I am really asking for is not a specific time for the update but some assurance that the main issues we are all complaining about will indeed be fixed.

Visibility on the process to address this issues, and possibly some visibility on feature additions would be great.

This is my first Line 6 product.  I like my Firehawk.  The sounds are better than my Digitech RP500, but the layout is better on the Digitech.  Nothing we can do about the second row of switches except just get used to them, not like a firmware update can fix the physical layout.  The switches are too close together also, I will probably get used to that, buy narrower shoes  :) .

One feature they could add with a firmware update, that would be stupendous, would be tone queuing.  By that I mean, if I am using tones 1 and 2, I could press 2 then 1, where 2 would be queued up.  When I want to switch to 2, I can either press 2 or press 1 to get it.  My Digitech does that and it is really handy.  I jam out on tone 1 and press 1 again (which is lit up on stage, easy to see) and I switch to tone 2.  Sweet feature to add in my opinion.

While I'm typing, here's some more:

add/delete My Tones from web browser.  After you get it all setup, you can download a file to your remote and push it to the pedal.

place to get the default tones from after you delete them from your pedal

better way to assign and move tones around (web maybe?)

select what directory the music library pulls from and allow network ability

full backups of currently assigned tones

instead of just reading the mp3 tag for artist, search online tones by genre.  Green Day might bring up Lit or STP or something like that.

So far I am a fan, hopefully all the good ideas can be programmed in to make everybody happy. 

• Upvote 2

I love my Firehawk but after the lag issue mistakenly hitting the lower buttons is the biggest problem. I am really hoping for some type of lock setting for those buttons. Also how hard would it be to light the up down buttons for dark stages? Am I being greedy?

Check it out. I rummaged my garage and found some round plastic spacers that come with flat screen tv's. They are about 3/4 diameter and about 1/2" thick. I drilled out the hole in the middle to 5/16", being careful to only drill half of the way through. They sit on top of the back switches and add about 1/4" of height to them. Problem TOTALLY solved! This weeks set was operationally flawless.

Here is the deal, I believe Line 6 should provide and aftermarket "extension" for the back row of switches, as I am thinking, homemade work arounds may void warranties? I have already said too much.

I am going to try, 3/8" vacuum line caps from a auto parts store next.They would give enough hieght with less "mass".

All of this said, the Firehawk was INCREDIBLE this week...form super clean to World War III, Couldn't have been happier.

2 weeks would put me out of the 30 day return policy. I hope in a few days to a week they can give a change log of the fixes and enhancements. This way I know if I should hold out or punt. Lag when changing tones is my only real issue.

Good idea mcbeddall, I might try that when I get closer.  I really like the Firehawk's functionality, the layout is something I will need to get used to, but I have too many songs that use multiple tones, that need to change instantly.  Some songs, it doesn't matter as much on, but we do a few covers I need the instant change, Torn to Pieces from Pop Evil is one.

The other guitarist/singer has the HD500X.  He had the same issue when he first setup his tones, but found a setting he could turn off to give the instant change.  We can't find that setting on the Firehawk (I don't remember what it was right now).

I can't find anything stated from Line 6 saying "we know it's a problem, we are going to fix it".  Luckily, I'm just barely a good enough guitarist to not let the lag mess up my timing :D , just sounds weird in house speakers.

Line 6, quit messing with the looper and fix the lag first!  I only use the looper live on Blurry from Puddle of Mudd,  Who really uses the looper anyways?  :)   I like smiles, need more smiles in life.