Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Affordable Midi Amp Controller

BucF16

Now that I've unlocked my DT50's full midi potential I find my 2 channel footswitch somewhat inadequate.  So I went looking for an affordable midi footcontroller.

Turns out this is a much underserved market and most of the products are overly expensive.  This isn't rocket science, it's midi. (which I realize at times seems harder than rocket science).

So please help me out and go over to ideascale and vote up my recommendation that Line6 make a simple, affordable midi foot controller for their DT series amps for for whatever requires a simple midi input.

Hi,

with a Behringer FCB1010, you cannot control enough CChange parameters. But the Behringer BCF 2000 or BCR 2000 let you control every  parameter of the DT50, and you can even store 32 "presets" (i.e A and B channels sounds) in it. It is not a foot controler, but you can send Prg Change messages to BCF 2000 with a foot controler...

The FCB 1010 might work for limited things but it's a pretty huge pedal for what it does.  The price is starting to get there at $150.

It just seems like the midi solution for using the DT50 is overly complex and expensive enough to just make getting POD much smarter (hmmm, maybe that's what they were thinking).

I'm a keyboard player and no stranger to midi (but no friend of it either if you know what I mean!).

I just recently found this and it's probably closer to what I was looking for!  It's a smaller footprint and sends more CC info.  However, it comes from a company I've never heard of and is overseas.

http://www.peak2005.com/j/midi-foot-controllers/15-fcb4n2-programmable-midi-foot-controller-ver20.html

BUT I was thinking these things are cheap to build, and would unlock the DT50 as a real killer stand alone amp.  If you're interested to participate in ideascale, here was my original post: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Generic-Midi-Foot-Controller/713565-23508