Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Left output of GX not working!

Ok, so a few days back I got a used studio and it worked great for two or three uses (which was about two weeks time) today I started using it and the left speaker STOPPED working, I have confirmed that the speaker is ok by plugging the speakers back into the computers' onboard sound card and they both work fine.

IS there anything to be done or is it trash unless I just want to use it right side only?

First I used a set of regular old powered computer speakers with it's 1/8" stereo plug seemed to work fine the first two times I used the GX. Then I used a 1/8" male to two 1/4 mono female Y cable then a 1/4" male to 1/4" male patch cord from there to a pair of Fostex 3001B power monitors, again worked great for about 10-15 mins but then I noticed only the right side working, I checked my connections and all seemed to be good BUT still no sound out of the left side speaker so, I then switched BACK to the pair of computer speakers and still only the right one works when plugged into the GX, BUT both sides of the Fostex 3001B and the computer speakers work when plugged into my onboard sound card..............

This was only the third time I've had a chance to use the GX but it was bought used on ebay about two or three weeks back. I really am hoping it can be repaired and done so at a low cost................. I thought about opening up the GX but for some reason can't seem to find an Allen Wrench in the right size.  

Does sound like it could be hardware related.

Just to cover all bases, if you run the newest Monkey you have green ticks for eventing?

If you have a red-fave Toneport you likely need POD Farm 1.12, if it is a black-faced POD Studio, use POD Farm 2.5.

Also, if you can try another computer and have the same issue, that would strongly suggest it is the unit at fault.

It's a black-face and says "Studio GX" I have both Pod Farm 1.12 and Pod Farm 2.5 have run monkey and everything seems fine AND it did work perfectly the first two or three times I used it. I really think it's the headphone out jack. I don't know why it worked the first two or three times I used it BUT I think neither of the 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo plugs I'm using are making up contact for the left side, which I think is the "sleeve" part of the plug.

IF it is the jack surely it can be replaced, right?

I have no specific info on replacing the jack.

You could give Line6 a call or open a support ticket.

Have you tried another stereo 1/8" to 1/4" adapter?

If it is the jack, it's possible the jack itself it's self is and its a bad solder joint.

Have you tried recording via USB?

If so, can you get L and R to your DAW successfully?

Yes, I have and both 1/8 to 1/4 y's work with the computer's onboard sound card.

No I have not tried recording anything, I'm 100% new to recording and was only gonna try that after I had gotten at least somewhat comfortable with the Pod Farm/Studio GX.............   :(