Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So where are they??

wtraeholt

Ordered mine late march. First ship date was April 3rd, then April 15th, May 10, now its May 22. Does anyone have any idea why it keeps getting pushed farther and farther out in time. Cant seem to find any real reasons anywhere... When can we expect them to be ACTUALLY shipped?? Thanks in advance!! Cant wait  :D

Yup-got mine last Thursday.  I think they are going to be trickling in for the next 2 months due to filing backorders.  I see the black ones seem to be more available, but, mine was the sunburst model.  I was quite surprised to get it when I did.

The Variax Standard is really similar to the Yamaha Pacifica 212.  I should know-I have both guitars.  The neck is your basic strat-clone type.  The standard is very playable and sounds great, but, since I have the 212, and know how much I paid for it-the variax technology is contributing the bulk of the cost of this guitar. 

Thanks ColonelForbin... Unrelated question since I am new to the Line 6 Forums.... Are any acutal Line 6 employees active in the forums or is a response from a "expert user" the best you can hope for? I have not spent a ton of time in here but there seems to be a lack of intrest in the forums from Line 6

Thanks ColonelForbin... Unrelated question since I am new to the Line 6 Forums.... Are any acutal Line 6 employees active in the forums or is a response from a "expert user" the best you can hope for? I have not spent a ton of time in here but there seems to be a lack of intrest in the forums from Line 6

You'll find more help here from your fellow users than you'll ever see from L6.....period.

But they do hideout and watch   :ph34r:

Yes, it doesn't make much sense to me either.

Shawn

Companies have strict rules about what employees can say to the public.  They have to do this!  Otherwise, there will be lawsuits and gripes because someone told a customer the wrong thing.  They may use this forum to get feedback from us but they are very careful not to speak for the company here especially if it's not something you can find in their literature.

It’s cool that users are able to keep this forum going but certainly a missed opportunity for Line 6. I have been active in other forums that run like this and others that have direct company participation.  This is a brand new product and it is sad to see that they are not actively seeking out feedback and having a dialog with the forum users that are so passionate about their products.  

• Upvote 1

I just got an email from Musicians Friend telling me that the sunburst Variax standard was now in stock..though when I go to the actual page, it still says preorder, though the ship date now says 5/26.

There ya go for what it's worth!

I just got an email from Musicians Friend telling me that the sunburst Variax standard was now in stock..though when I go to the actual page, it still says preorder, though the ship date now says 5/26.

There ya go for what it's worth!

What's does the price seem to be ?

What's does the price seem to be ?

Good question! While the 'your price' seems to have remained steady at $799 since they were first announced, I wonder with the perhaps closer lead time / nearing availability if this weekend would be a good opportunity to haggle or at least see if you can get a Memorial Day weekend deal? Not sure.. It's not like it's old stock they are trying to unload..

On that note, this would probably be the weekend to get a bargain on any of the DT50 models if you find any at a Guitar Center..

They seem to be blowing those out, and fast! The DT25, not as much..

Mine came today! Ordered from SAM ASH March 5th. Battery is charging as I didn't get a pod. Guitar is beautiful. I got the vintage white one and it has that buttery tint. I was hoping it was. The pictures made it look grey or like plaster in some photos. It's well made as all Yamaha's are. Well packaged with slots for the hardware, charging stuff and paperwork. Can't wait to crank it up. 

I got mine last week from zzounds. So far I am very happy with it... I adjusted the action a little and it plays very comparably to my 2013 MIM Strat, although I would have preferred a maple neck. I did do a few quick measurements with a digital caliper and there were a few slight differences but form me at least I think most notable thing is the back of the neck isn't as lacquered as the other guitars that I have so it feels a little rough that is taking some getting used to.  
I have a fairly steep learning curve since this is my 1st variax and I paired it with the new Firehawk so I am working out how to get everything working as I want it to.