Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is my Amplifi TT busted?

dozvaldo

Hi All,

Looking for a second opinion before I return my TT for a replacement  :(

Bought it a couple of months ago, and have been pretty happy with it.  I've been using it mainly for quiet practice, to keep the complaints from the other half at bay! Today I decided to try hooking it into the effects loop in my amp as I'm considering gigging with it and wanted to know how it sounded.  So, having hooked it up with effects-send to input and effects-return to amp-out, I set the loop to be at instrument-level (rather than line-level) and tried it out.

All seemed to be fine, first impressions of the sound were good.  So I switched the TT off and went off to do other things.  When I came back and powered it back up, I've got four flashing tone lights and nothing working  :o

Tried updating the firmware through USB, as per the advice I found on the Line-6 FAQ, the update says it completes successfully and the TT seems to reboot (lights go off, tone-A light comes on and flashes, tone-button illuminates), but then we're back to all four tone-lights flashing.

Anyone got any thoughts? - my feeling is that it's broke.  Wanted to see if I'm missing something here.

Yup - after cycling the power a couple of times, that's the first place I went.  As I said, the update completes and the Amplifi Utility says that it is successful.  Then the device reboots itself and the 4 flashing lights come back.  I did try the whole update procedure a couple of times, but the result is the same :(

Hi Triryche,

Thanks for the suggestion - I did give it a try, but it's even less promising.  The device update screen starts up and the "downloading from server" message is present for a short time, but then it gives up with a message saying "Device Update Timed Out.  Please restart amplifi device".

Looks like it's going back...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom, sounds like your TT needs to be returned - you should be able to plug your guitar in and be able to hear something out of it without doing any of the bluetooth pairing actions.

The usual sequence of lights when you switch it on is:

Tone-A light comes on for a couple of seconds.

Tone-A light flashes for a couple of seconds

Tone-Button lights up; Tap-Button flashes; First four red lights on the volume knob light up.

You should then be able to switch between Tone-A/B/C/D with the tone button (Tone light moves for each press)

Turning the volume should make more red-LEDs come on around the volume knob.

Clicking the volume know should get you some white LEDs around the knob - this is your guitar volume.

I'm also going to answer my own question!  I returned the TT to GuitarGuitar and they managed to fix it by performing a factory reset.  The procedure is different from what's described for a firmware update - I followed the instructions for "4 tone lights flashing on AMPLIFi".  The factory reset is actually described here: Line 6 Device Factory Reset Procedures.

In summary, power up while holding Tone and Volume buttons.

Happy to have my TT back  :)

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought one and i can’t get it to do anything! mine just has one of the 4 tone lights and no reset or anything i try seems to do anything. no sound whatsoever.  any advice?

I thot mine was wacked when I first got it too. I have mine running hooked up digital

to my 5.1 sound system in the living room and found that I had to turn the volume up

quite high on both the unit and the sound system to be able to hear it at all.

Be VERY careful if doing so, increase a little at a time or you could blow some of

the paint off the walls if you're not careful (don't ask).

• 1 year later...

Just had the issue with the 4 blinking tone leds, so I stumbled upon this forum.

A factory reset (hold volume button and tone during power on) worked fine. The problem appeared to be related to a recent change I did in program A. I updated it with a patch containing no preamp (amp > clean > no amp) and I turned most other things off as well, like compressor, eq and delay. Stored this patch again in A and the '4 blinking leds' problem returned. Then I saved the 'no amp' patch to nr B (because I would like to have this patch), and that seems to work fine. So, it looks like program A is not allowed to have a patch without an amp ? Weird ...