Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 into two combo amps (stereo)

luckycwick

I just want to go..

1. From Guitar - into Line6 HD500

2. Out of HD500 into two separate combo amps

3. run stereo guitar rig.. left signal into a 2x12 combo amp & a Right signal into a different 2x12 combo amp. 

4. Just a regular, non-Variax guitar into two regular 2x12 (Non-DT) guitar amps. 

Thats it.. That's all I want to do. Shouldn't that be simple??? I'm losing my mind swimming in an ocean of irrelevant threads/topics. Please, for the love of God!!! If you can Please, just give me the basic scoop on this seemingly simple set-up... 

Thank you!!! I'll Buy your drinks for the night if you can help!!!! 

---------------------
                                 ------------------- --------> |  FX RETURN AMP 1  |
                                 |                              ---------------------
                                 |
            ------               |
           |     |---OUTR L------
GUITAR---> |HD500|
           |     |---OUTR R------
           ------                |
                                 |
                                 |                              ---------------------
                                 ----------------------------> |  FX RETURN AMP 2  |
                                                                ---------------------

• Upvote 3

If Jandrio's diagram doesn't fix it - you need to better explain exactly how you are currently attempting to hook it up and list specifically what issues you are having. If you can get it to play on one amp adding the 2nd is as easy. Unless its a patch issue.

-B

• Upvote 1

I would only add that if your combos don't have fx loops and you're stuck going straight into the front of the amp, then you should probably set the amp's tone controls at 12 o'clock, and then experiment with the POD's various output modes to see what works best for you. It will be a trickier to get the sound you're looking for that way, as the amps tone stacks will change how your patches sound, but it's not impossible.

• Upvote 1

to us:

why did we suggest fx loops instead of input jacks? 

to op: 

you need to say more, because it can't be that hard to go from guitar to pod to combo.  

to us:

Fx loop will bypass his amps pre amps and color the sound less giving him more of the true sound of the pod (at least that's the theory).  I had mine running into the input of a little fender mustang once and it sounded surprisingly awesome.

to op:

We do need to know more about what the current problem is.  Are you not getting sound?  Is it bad sound?  What's the skinny?

to us:

why did we suggest fx loops instead of input jacks? 

to op: 

you need to say more, because it can't be that hard to go from guitar to pod to combo.  

Hey PG, going in the front can work if the preamp section won't alter the patch's tone in an unpleasing way. I have had a couple of preamp tube only combos where there was some drive being created by Pod driving the amps pre on a clean patch. On modeling amps I never had a happy marriage between the two. Go FX in is similar to having a power amp/cab combo in one. Like a Tech 21 PE 60 for ex. So its a personal preference but in general takes something out of the signal chain.

-B