Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah pedal problem...tried everything...

talbehar

Hey there

I have the HD500

I cannot get my wah pedal to work.

whenever I press the toe switch, it just goes to 100% wah and stays there. I've properly assigned the controls and have calibrated the pedal. Nothing works. 

Other patches work just fine with the wah, it just wont let me make any new ones. 

Thanks!

then what you need to do is... 

take you existing wah patches, and edit them.

Delete everything except the wah, and then build your new tone around it. 

Then save the new patch into whatever slot you need. 

We know it is not a hardware issue because it works on other patches. 

We know it is not software because it works on other patches. 

It is something you are doing. Until you figure it out, my above suggestion is the only thing you can do. 

Since you tried 'everything' you could try telling us what you have done. I am sure someone will see a step that you missed. 

Dumb question: Did you assign the right Expression Pedal Parameter?

This happens quite often. Sometimes Wah Position is EXP1, while pressing the TOE SWITCH activates EXP2. Or vice versa.

Try this: Open your problem-patch. Activate the Wah with TOE SWITCH. Go to the Display, set the Cursor on your Wah and DEACTIVATE it (With the ENTER button). By now it should turn from bright on the Display to dark. (Not in use)

Now, step again on the EXP Pedal and hit the TOE SWITCH, as if you would enable the Wah. Now the right EXP parameter (1 or 2) should be activated.

If this does not work, I guess Pianoguyy's answer is the key. (And far more professional)

Hey there

I have the HD500

I cannot get my wah pedal to work.

whenever I press the toe switch, it just goes to 100% wah and stays there. I've properly assigned the controls and have calibrated the pedal. Nothing works. 

Other patches work just fine with the wah, it just wont let me make any new ones. 

Thanks!

One possible solution is to set the parameters of the foot pedal to be at 0% when rocked all the way back (heal) position and 100% (or what ever % you want) when rocked all the way forward (toe) position.

I don't remember exactly where this parameter is located but if your wah pedal is 100% on when you click the toe switch then the pedal might be set to be at 100% for both the heal and toe positions of the pedal. You can also use this parameter to set the wah to work only in the sweet spot (based upon what sounds good to you) of its frequency sweeping.

Just a thought.

Exp pedal 1 must be set to volume / switch none. Exp 2 must be set to wah / toe switch. Setting heel to 0% and toe to 100% per cent sounds like crap.Set them to heel 15% toe 75% and they sound more like a real wah pedal. I had to reset all my wah/ volume pedal settings after updating as they were all reversed after I did it. Spend some time with the editing software. It is your best friend.

Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you got this problem fixed or not. I was having a similar issue but with mine it didn't even work with the factory presets. I did a little snooping around and tried a pedal calibration. BINGO! It fixed my problem. Just go on youtube and type in "how to calibrate expression pedal on hd500x". I know you have just the hd500 but it should be the same method. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Not sure if you got this problem fixed or not. I was having a similar issue but with mine it didn't even work with the factory presets. I did a little snooping around and tried a pedal calibration. BINGO! It fixed my problem. Just go on youtube and type in "how to calibrate expression pedal on hd500x". I know you have just the hd500 but it should be the same method. Hope this helps.

u da man!