Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to record one single, MONO tone??

bc05

Hi guys

Ive got the HD Desktop, absolutely killer tones, very impressed by the new HD Model packs particularly the Jazz Chorus (impeccable clean) and the Remastered J800 (THE rock tone)

I am wanting to record tones one at a time in mono just like I used to do through a DI into my RME Babyface (with the old Podfarm 2 as a plugin inserted)

What would be the equivalent method to achieve this with the POD HD? I would like a method for using the analog outs into the Babyface Inst input and also a method for Direct USB recording.

The whole Dual path stereo panned thing has me very confused!

Thanks in advance.

My HD is run left (Mono) into my pod ux2 input then via usb into the PC for recording, so thats one mono output..it is pretty straightforward...int eh Mixer (HDedit) you can leave the pod panned left right or set both to center.. stereo FX of course will nto sound right since it is one channel mono and centering it will mono the stereo so a pan wouldn't have any effect for example. or a left/right delay.. but for just straight up dry sound (Add effects later) it works very well

When recording I pan the mixer left and right then put all the amps and effects on the left side and leave the right side dry so so I can record the dry sound too and have that as an option. I'm not using stereo effects on the left channel, it is the amp and effects that are before the amp (wash, distortion, etc).