Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 112 discontinued?

clintmartin

It does sound like that, and i'm far from the final word... but i have asked those that would have a better idea about this and they essentially told me what i wrote above.

none of which is the last word.... but that is my understanding of the situation.

I'm pretty sure the DT line is at an end as I've very recently had an opportunity to get an exchange from Line 6 but they can only offer me B stock DT25HD U.S. model and DT50HD Europe model. Most Likely anything you see online is the last of them.

Also I'm pretty sure Line 6 staff told me they're discontinued.

I wouldn't mind having two. I don't know how they could improve on this amp. It really makes the HD500 shine and the Line 6 link is brilliant. The only thing I can think of is the possibility of a cosmetic facelift of somekind (they don't need one) or a parting of ways with Bogner. I'm sure the DT25 is selling more than the DT50...maybe they will trim the series down to just the 25. Maybe someone from LIne 6 will make things clear at some point. Fingers crossed I get my new DT50!

It doesn't look good to me. I just checked and MF doesn't have any either. My exchange will probably not happen. I'm trying to replace my HD500/DT50 rig from a few years back, but it's looking difficult. I have a HD500X on order...but I may have to re-think this whole thing. I don't really want to go with a stack (the DT50 head is still available but the cab isn't) and I'm about out of money. They may offer me a deal on the DT50 2X12, but I bet that thing is heavy! We'll see what happens.

What are the chances Line 6 and Yamaha are going re-release and improve this amp via MKII? 

I really love how the amp sounds by itself and with my HD500x but I wasn't really too confident on buying DT50 112 (when I had the chance a couple of weeks ago) to be honest from all the problems I've read here..

Was looking at the L2t and it seems it had some other problems too?  :(

My order has now been cancelled. MF say they are out of stock (DT50 112) and they will not be back. Still not a word from Line 6 on this? They do still have 10 DT50 212's in stock for $899 (which is a steal), but that's more than I wanted to spend and those amps weigh a ton. I'm not to sure about buying a discontinued amp anyway. I woud guess Zhorell is right and a new Yamaha amp is on the way...anyhoo, I tried to come back to Line 6. Now I'm not sure where to go. Have any of you tried the Blackstar ID series?

After shopping online all weekend I finally found a DT25 combo on Ebay (for $550) that looks like it's in new condition (can't be in worse shape than the one I got from MF). So now I'm happily back in the HD500X/DT family!!! Hopefully the DT25 will have enough clean headroom to make me happy...I've heard good things and I used my DT50 in LVM more often than not. Now if the 25 is discontinued too, maybe I can get a good deal and go stereo at some point.

After shopping online all weekend I finally found a DT25 combo on Ebay (for $550) that looks like it's in new condition (can't be in worse shape than the one I got from MF). So now I'm happily back in the HD500X/DT family!!! Hopefully the DT25 will have enough clean headroom to make me happy...I've heard good things and I used my DT50 in LVM more often than not. Now if the 25 is discontinued too, maybe I can get a good deal and go stereo at some point.

That sounds like a good deal. The DT25s were the first to disappear from GC and MF.

I believe they still have the DT25's for $999 at MF and Sweetwater. I was tempted to buy the DT50212, but I hate the idea of lugging that thing around. I sold my Atomic Amplifire/CLR rig to get back into the HD500/DT rig. I think I was almost too late.

On another forum...I was told by someone that works for Line 6 that the DT50 will not be manufactured at this time, but they are keeping the parts for them until further notice. The DT25 will still be built. He didn't say anything about the rest of the DT series. Take it for what it's worth.

• Upvote 1

Why discontinues something that is successful? Oh...maybe it wasn't that successful. Too many problems perhaps? Better off going back to bedroom jamming gear and leaving the pro gear category to those who have a better track record?

Either way, it's a shame. I really like the Dream rig setup and I did look forward to a bug free next generation. Oh well.

• 7 months later...

I believe they still have the DT25's for $999 at MF and Sweetwater. I was tempted to buy the DT50212, but I hate the idea of lugging that thing around. I sold my Atomic Amplifire/CLR rig to get back into the HD500/DT rig. I think I was almost too late.

I will happily sell you my DT50 1x12 so I can buy a VOX AC15 ... just drop me a note bmrowland@gmail.com

I will happily sell you my DT50 1x12 so I can buy a VOX AC15 ... just drop me a note bmrowland@gmail.com

The AC15 seems like such a one-trick pony to me!  I'm predicting these DT's (especially the DT50 since it's no longer made) will be sought after and will command very high resale values in a few years.  We're the lucky ones to have them now.  I'm playing & loving my DT25 today whilst saving my DT50 for future use (and abuse, hopefully, coupled with some zep-ish debauchery if I'm really lucky  : - )

• 1 month later...

I'm playing & loving my DT25 today whilst saving my DT50 for future use (and abuse, hopefully, coupled with some zep-ish debauchery if I'm really lucky  : - )

Me too! I first purchased the DT50 2X12 (typical me, I gotta have the biggest and the best offered!) Got a DT25 a year or so later and now just love it! It has become my main amp! Plenty loud enough! I'm going to get another one as soon as I see the killer deal so I can do stereo DT25's. I've run stereo with the DT25 and the DT50 but I like the look of continuity on stage so another DT25 is a must!

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time finding a DT50 212 lately - makes sense. I've heard tons of great things but everyone seemed really hung up on the weight of it. I bought one on Reverb.com that should get here today, FedEx says the package weighs almost 100 lbs lol. I'm a CrossFitter so I don't mind but I can see how this could be a deterrent for many. Shame, sounds like a really great amp, I'm definitely looking forward to getting mine.

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time finding a DT50 212 lately - makes sense. I've heard tons of great things but everyone seemed really hung up on the weight of it. I bought one on Reverb.com that should get here today, FedEx says the package weighs almost 100 lbs lol. I'm a CrossFitter so I don't mind but I can see how this could be a deterrent for many. Shame, sounds like a really great amp, I'm definitely looking forward to getting mine.

Sounds great, I think your going to really like it.

Regarding the weight. If one uses their head even the slightest bit they don't have to hurt themselves moving an amp or anything heavy. I use a tiny hand truck to move mine around and lift it very little. I don't need to move mine (DT50HD) around that much, it's seen more travel going back to Line 6 for warranty work, lol.

In my early years I would move a 1 ton machine with a "joe bar", other various machines, a tool box weighing 2.5 tons, all kinds of material stock such as 20 ft lengths of steel of many various shapes, brass blocks, aluminum blocks, large blocks of steel and cast iron, and various machine tools each weighing 100 lbs each onto a trailer whenever I needed to go somewhere else for employment, which seemed to happen every 1-2 years. Glad that's over now, lol.

Preach My Brother!!!!!!!

A little sarcasm, lol. Since I don't gig it almost grows roots :)

On the more positive side the DT delivers for me. I used it today with my X3 Pro and KB37. I'm really impressed that my X3 Pro is still going strong. I'm getting my monies worth with that one. Ă°Å¸Ëœâ‚¬

A little sarcasm, lol. Since I don't gig it almost grows roots :)

On the more positive side the DT delivers for me. I used it today with my X3 Pro and KB37. I'm really impressed that my X3 Pro is still going strong. I'm getting my monies worth with that one.

Delivers for me too! I The DT is a great sounding amp. Though it did make several trips back to Line 6!
  • Upvote 1

• 6 years later...