Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use my X3 like a stereo receiver?

357mag

I just acquired a laptop and I was wondering if I could hook up my powered speakers to the back of the X3 so I can listen to my iTunes music thru my nice powered JBLs? I certainly don't want to hurt any components that's why I ask.

I just acquired a laptop and I was wondering if I could hook up my powered speakers to the back of the X3 so I can listen to my iTunes music thru my nice powered JBLs? I certainly don't want to hurt any components that's why I ask.

I do that with a UX2, X3 Pro and HD500 as long as the speakers are powered your good to go. I play iTunes through a Spider Jam and even though it's mono it still sounds pretty dang good, lol.

Okay I hope I can find the correct jacks on the back.

I run the 1/4" outs of my pods set to "line" as opposed to "Amp" into powered speakers. Exactly what model speakers do you have? What kind of inputs do the speakers have?

My speakers are JBLs with quarter-inch phono jacks so they should match the jacks on the POD perfect. So far, I hear no sound. I got the patch cables (guitar cables) I think they are balanced cables going from the Line Outs on the POD to the inputs of my speakers, and I got the switch set to Line.

Maybe I gotta set the Outputs correctly on the front LCD screen or something.

How are you routing your iTunes? Through the cd jack or through USB?

I think if your routing into the CD jack you should have control at the device such as an iPod. If your going from USB you'll need to adjust the settings in the line 6 device setting area namely monitor level.

First make sure the pod is the default playback device. You may have to adjust the monitor setting in the Line 6 midi settings area of your computer.

I'm pretty sure you can set the Master volume on the pod in its own settings to control all outputs. I'm having trouble recalling. Lol, but you can check it out by pressing and holding the output button on the pod to get to those settings.

I got sound finally, although I'm not thrilled will the EQ. I'm currently using the EQ in iTunes to inject some life in the sound. Is there any way I can use the equalizer in the X3 to enhance the sound coming out of the speakers?

I wasn't aware you were trying to run the iTunes through the signal chain. They way I use it, it's separate, monitor through USB only. If you want to run it through the signal chain your going to have to run your iTunes signal though a guitar input, line input or the fx loop. After that your going to have to adjust your effect block settings the way you want. I did this once fooling around with the effects to see how I could get whatever tune I was playing to sound. It was fun but I haven't done that in while now, lol.

X3%20Pro%20Scheme.jpg?psid=1

X3%20Pro%20USB%20%26%20FX.jpg?psid=1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Today I brought my JBL Speakers out of the closet and hooked them up to my POD X3. Tried listening to a CD but unfortunately it does not sound right. The sound is very weak, like it's missing power or something. I can't see anything wrong. The ASIO POD X3 Driver is selected, to me everything looks like it is set correct, but it sounds pretty pale.

I may have to abandon this idea.

Today I brought my JBL Speakers out of the closet and hooked them up to my POD X3. Tried listening to a CD but unfortunately it does not sound right. The sound is very weak, like it's missing power or something. I can't see anything wrong. The ASIO POD X3 Driver is selected, to me everything looks like it is set correct, but it sounds pretty pale.

I may have to abandon this idea.

Are these JBL's powered or do they need an amp?

I experimented a little more and it's sounding better now. I noticed that before there were only two icons and sliders available in the Volume Controls dialog box that you can see when you right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar.

Now there is a third icon that has just appeared and it says something like high definition audio interface or something similar to that. I can't remember exactly what the icon and slider were named.

So now I'm thinking that I may not have had something set up correctly before.

I'm going to continue to monkey around a little.

I'll post if I have more questions or problems.

By the way my JBL speakers are powered.