Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch Switching Screech

royswan

I recently had my 10yr old XT Pro die the day before a gig.  So I ran out and bought an Amplifi FX 100 because I already have a TT in my studio and love it.

However, when I set up my banks for live performance, I typically have 2 clean patches and 2 dirty, hi-gain, patches (for solos) in each bank.  When switching from the hi-gain sounds to the clean sounds, I got this loud screech, like a 1950's ray gun, that would be completely unacceptable at a gig.  It just lasts for a second, in between the two patches, but a deal breaker.  

I then listened closely to my TT and heard the same sound, just much softer, when going from a hi-gain patch to a low gain clean patch...

So, is this just a part of the Amplifi circuits...  I noticed that in all 25 preset banks, they do not mix hi and low gain patches  ... except in one bank....  but in real life, that's exactly what I think most of us need.

Any ideas..? I returned mine that day, but would love to buy it back if there is some type of guideline on patch construction to avoid this.  Mine also lost Bluetooth constantly with my iPad, but was fine for my crummy Android.  Go figure... And yes, I did the Upgrade first thing?

Anyone else have this problem with the FX 100 or Firehawk?

Right, but other pedals (like POD XT or X3) don't require such in -the-moment effort and have been "seperation" between patches.   Love the whole Amplifi line, but apparently not for live gigging  IMHO.  You could save me some time....Does Firehawk have the same issue?  Then I'll get an HD500... 

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a Firehawk and yes it does have the same issue. I've only had it happen with one patch though. Whenever I switch to or from that tone I get the short screech. I just selected a similar tone that doesn't have the issue instead, but hopefully this won't be a recurring thing.