Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Avarage age group of the HD500\X User ?

stevevnicks

My guess is Line 6 has a pretty good idea who their customers are. I would highly doubt they will publish that info in a public forum as they would prefer their competitors got their own data.

For the record, I am in my 40's.

I've been playing since the 80s, and I'm in my early 40s now. I honestly still prefer a real amp, but the POD does a great job and saves so much time and effort regarding lugging equipment around, and it helps me deal with not having to worry about stage volume and beaming, so switching was a no brainer for me.

I would say this tread so far would incidicate the older crowd! but then again that also depends on how what the average age of those that monitor the forum too, lots of L6 gear out there and people never hit any forum.

Just a guess, but most of the regulars would be older (40+?). Then there are people who kind of pass through. These might be younger. Again, just a guess.

Almost 47 now, I used to gig with a cover band in the late 80s, early 90s. Just in the past several years I have gotten back into guitar playing and writing music. Was never into amps and pedals, or collecting them, etc. Way too expensive. Just had a power amp, cabinets, and some rockman stuff. The pods are my first encounter with digital modeling. HUGE step above what I had before.

Just a guess, but most of the regulars would be older (40+?). Then there are people who kind of pass through. These might be younger. Again, just a guess.

And be glad for that... 

If the 'younger generation' was here on a regular basis, there would be no more Q&A. It would turn into a Facebook type of chatfest the way they did with my website --- and every website since. 

Content be damned. Make it all social. 

I think a lot of the users of forums like this tend to be older, and they don't necessarily always represent the whole user base. For one thing, I think a lot of the posting that happens here is from people who work desk jobs and have some freedom at their jobs, so that demographic skews a bit older.

• Upvote 1

I have always loved tech type things, im 45 maybe because I come from the 70's when tech was things like pinball machines, penny pushers, one arm bandits and bingo machines lol the digital age broke all the barriers in that respect for me although most of it not perfect tech but fun still the same ..

post-1403107-0-53535200-1404982295_thumb.gif

age 59, got my old-lady (a '72 jimmy-strat) on 1972.
since late 90's started using a fender custom shop prosonic (its most unusual feature was the switchable rectifier 'n power amplifier bias scheme, allowing on-the-fly changes of operating mode 'n output power, as well as subjective tonal differences).
both retired on 2012 when i bought the hd500+69s :)

I think a lot of the users of forums like this tend to be older, and they don't necessarily always represent the whole user base. For one thing, I think a lot of the posting that happens here is from people who work desk jobs and have some freedom at their jobs, so that demographic skews a bit older.

Shhhhhhh... Phil, I think our IT guy is one of them young whippersnappers with a fancy phone. :)

-B

would say this would seem a perfect blue pill group  :D .... just kidding

Who's kidding?  I am called the oldest teenager in town locally don't know if that's good or bad I am 65 and still gigging the first band I played in was in 1965 in school and after got involved with the UK blues/beat era and enjoyed going to gigs to see what are thought of as legends today. I have always embraced technology if it worked for me.

I'm 56 and still gigging in a band and a duo. Been playing since xmas 73. I jumped on the L6 wagon from the Pod2 era and still use X3 pro at home for recording and HD500 for FX in amp loop for gigging. I'm no longer using my DT50 head and 4x12 cab, preferring now to use either of my two session amps, 75 or 90.

Keep rockin dudes

48 here from Belgium, been using L6 from the POD2.0, but skipped all the intermediate "beans" unitl the HD500.

I used to gig with an ENGL Special Edition (E670) but was frustrated by the weight and of the soundman who always yelled to lower the volume until the beast couldn't bread anymore. Since I'm using the HD500 he only smiles!

I run in straight to the board and use a mackie SRM450 for monitoring. At rehersals I go direct into the Mackie.