Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

problem with secondary expression pedal

Anybody else got problem with the secondary expression pedal?

I use my Pod hd pro with the Shortboard MKII and decided to add a secondary expression pedal, at first I bought the M-audio exp and was not detected correctly so I think it was defected, so I went and get the Line6 EX-1 and now got same problem:

If I connect it , it gets detected and the volume and wah lights come on, but as soon as I change patch it stop working, I have to unplug/plug it back to make it work correctly again

I searched in the line6 forums and no solution found but seam like other people have the problem since latest pod hd firmware update

• Upvote 1

Alleluia!!!!!!!

I rollback the flash memory (2.62 to 1.32) and for the moment it works.

I hope it will continue.

So if it is ok, it is a bug from the flash memory and not a problem from the shortboard...

I invite you to do the same manipulation with line 6 monkey in order to confirm if it is THE problem.

Good luck!!!

Normally you can...

Open line6 monkey;

Connect your device (mind is POD HD Pro X)

Click on device firmware;

Click on flash memory and the rollback button appears on the right;

Click on it and choose 1.32 version

Follow the instructions

Power off your device

Power on your device

It works

Good luck

I don't understand, you bought HD amps package? Is it flash memory because if it is, normally it's free.

However, is it possible to do just a test please. Ok you will not enable to use the HD amps package but you will know if it works or not and to have a claim.

Since I did that, no problem on the horizon. I think I'll try to explain all what I did to the lines 6 assistance hoping to have answers, and especially to have the last flash memory version with no bugs.

Bye

• 2 weeks later...

Not very helpful as an addition but I can confirm I have the same issue.

- HD PROX with FBV Shortboard MkII

- Mission Engineering pedal

- HD Amps installed

Second pedal needs to be unplugged and plugged in again every time a patch changes rendering it unusable in any practical situation. The change of patch also renders EXP1 inoperative on most / some occasions. I haven't done extensive testing though.

Not rushing to rollback firmware to check due to HD Amp pack but suspect you are right this is a bug in new firmware, given when the timing of when I noticed the problem and your reported fix. I am going to open a ticket, if others do the same perhaps it will be addressed as a bug.

• 1 month later...

Hello all on the thread.

I raised a ticket with Line6 about this. The upshot of which is they do not believe this is an issue with the Line6 EX1 pedal but they confirmed it is a known problem with the Line 6 Mission Engineering pedal. Apparently it is on the list of bugs to be fixed but there is no update on when this might be addressed.

Not much really, but an update.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Raised a ticket on this exact same issue. Like Kreator, I'm using the new HD model packs so not keen to roll back to previous firmware.

I really hope Line 6 can fix this soon, as its a shame having the all singing flagship dream rig failing to manage something as simple as running an add on expression pedal.

On a brighter note, I'm absolutely loving the new HD models, especially the vintage pack..

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the same problem. i have the extra hd packs too. emailed them and the solution is I have to ship the fbv to line 6 for them to fix, and it cost $90 per hour because I bought the fbv used. or they will give me a near authorize line 6 service center to bring it to. this is the actual message : Yes, there may be a charge for repairing the Shortboard MKII since your board was purchased used and is not under warranty.

We usually charge $90 per hour for repair labor, plus parts and shipping back to you. Depending on how long the repair will take will depend on your costs.
Please let me know if you would like to proceed. I will need to forward your ticket to setup the RMA first.

Line 6 POD HD PRO X + SHORTBOARD MKII + EX-1.

• 4 weeks later...

Not from me. Looking at this thread is a reminder how long the Mission pedal has been in the cupboard. Time to sell! Moving to the rack version didn't do much for me in the end. Am also wondering about Helix now anyway but am struggling to part with the DT. I saw the Helix mission pedal has a toe switch not that it is a huge deal but that would hopefully give the classic Wah pedal feel underfoot as well.

any solutions yet fellas?

Nope, I'm still having this problem. Just like sjdkd, my pedal has been sitting on the shelf, with minimal use.

There's no way this is a physical problem with the Shortboard or the pedal since restoring to the previous firmware fixes the issue.

It doesn't seem like Line 6 is going to revisit this either, as they've moved on to the Helix.