Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

what's happened to the gold 59?

I went to that site -- saw that if you do the pull down, you see the black and the cherry burst models. If you choose one of those, then try the pull down, you see the gold top P90 version -- they claim usually ships 1 - 10 days, same for the cherry one (though they show a USA TSB picture), and have 2 black 59s in stock....

That being said, I have not seen the P90 versions on line for several months now on the music dealer sites I visit here in the US....

Dave

I'll send dv247 an email too then but to be honest I was hoping to pick one up for £650 as that's what all the other colours are going for over here, but maybe I'm hoping for too much, there are literally none 2nd hand, which I suppose is a good sign

I was able to get the last one Sweetwater had here in the US; it was a Dent and Scratch and nabbed it for $899(US) and it had to be sent back to them to get the VDI jack replaced (intermittent connection with the HD500) - that's when I found out they had no more, could get no more anywhere here and couldn't just exchange mine with another one from Sweetwater or any other retailer here in the states (hate to have to immediately send a new axe in for repair but since it was the only one I could get my hands on...). I realize that is fairly irrelevant to you where you live but...nice option to playing my black 69 I purchased when the JTVs were first released for sale.

I'm glad I picked one up when I did! Now, the crazy part is I am transplanting the guts from that guitar into. . . . a warmoth goldtop with bigsby.. . . . . lol.  The neck on the 59s is just too different from the rest of my transplants, plus all my xplants are 25.5 scale length.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...