Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where can I find more tones?

joesamkaminski

Looking to browse more tones without narrowing it down to a simple search via the firehawk remote. Are there other clouds via my computer or otherwise? Are Amplifi tones or Pod tones available to download? Just looking for a bigger library that i can sift through and play around with.

Thanks,

Joe

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Joe, 

+1 on this topic.  It would be fun to have a browse function on the tones as opposed to having to search specifically for something.  I have not tried the tone match function because I use a streaming service for music as opposed to having songs in iTunes.  Even searching for a broad genre would be nice or perhaps even a guitar model for us JTV owners, e.g. Rock , Acoustic, Spank, Lester.

JP

• Upvote 2

Joe did you find anything?  I just got my new Firehawk and have not had much time to spend with it.

Maybe you can answer a couple of questions?

I am using my LG Android phone to run the software.  I did not see how to change from patch to patch in the App other than "My Tones" list in Alphabetical Order. 

I was hoping to see an Up/Down Arrow on it same as the Firehawk has and/or to be able to scroll in the same order as they appear in the firehawk itself.  Wouldn't that make more sense???

Thanks

Jay

I haven't found anything...even a library of tones through Line 6's website that we can download onto the firehawk would be nice...locating and scrolling on a tablet is a bit cumbersome. I just wish there was more of an active community as far as the tone cloud is concerned, seems like it isn't quite catching on, it also sucks that we don't have access to these huge libraries that amplifi and podHD seem to have. 

I HAVE FAITH THOUGH.

• 1 month later...

True, but it's a little off-putting having to think of a song you want to emulate, as opposed to being able to browse. Filtering by genre can come later, but right now, even access to a great big list would be a nice start!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to Firehawk FX but have been using POD Farm and UX2 for years for play/practice. Would not bring my computer to the bars to play out so would use my EVH 5150 iii 2x12 combo mic'd into PA with my Pedaltrain and the typical pedals for country/southern rock. Got the Firehawk hoping to clean up my floor and ability to access artists, tones, songs similar to POD Farm. While it is not exactly as easy (I am using my iPhone and don't own an iPad) it does show some possibilities- Hoping to figure out how to setup a playlist and search "artists" easier

• 1 year later...

It kinda sad.  This unit is awesome, but feels like an unwanted step child to Line 6.  There doesn't seem to be much of a community and Line 6 barely acknowledges it's existence.  So much potential, but I feel they are leaving this one on the table.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I agree. There should be some kind of a web page where you can go and see all of the loaded tones, like they have on tonecentral and like digitech does on their site. I also see the presets with ratings but it doesn't say how many people rated it so it really tells me nothing. The person who created it could have given it 5 stars. It would also be cool to then listen to a sample of the sound (as they do in their mobile pod app). This would allow you to quickly find some tones you would like on your computer without having to test them all out while having your unit on and hooked into the cloud with bluetooth.

Just a suggestion :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Necro'ing this thread.

I own a Firehawk 1500 and it has been a great amp, I plan to keep using it, very versatile and sound great.

I too noticed in 2021 that the L6 website does not even list firehawk in the list of products, but since I use my ipad to control tones I figured that was how you had to get tones.

I just opened the app and used the search for Cloud tones, and that now seems to have been taken away?  This worked last year if I remember, why would they take down the Cloud for products that are still being sold in Guitar center?

Line 6 Firehawk FX Guitar Multi-Effects $399

3 hours ago, howarddavidp said:

I too noticed in 2021 that the L6 website does not even list firehawk in the list of products....

Both the Firehawk 1500 amp and the Firehawk FX device are listed on the current Line 6 Products page (see top of this page).

• 1 month later...

Do you use a external speakers or a soundbar?  These cause significant delays, you are better off using speakers directly.

I learned this from playing Rocksmith on my TV and XBOX, their forums go over this in detail, but basically the TV has to "process" the incoming sound and then send it out to any external speakers, so the TV's circuit board causes the lag.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/wiki/lag_guide

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-Gb/Article/000063492/Lag-or-latency-between-strumming-the-guitar-and-hearing-the-sound

Hope this helps.

David