Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flash sale all model packs 30% off

Ed_Saxman

When is the next sale? 

Please 30% off again, I missed it.

They didn't pre-announce this one. It just appeared. 

Buy now, at the regular price. Start enjoying your new purchase today. Or check the website every day in hopes that they run another sale some day. All while NOT enjoying your new purchase. 

Alright, I'll wait. Since it's not a real need for me at this moment. But if it was still on sale I would buy it just to get the deal. Thanks! 

They didn't pre-announce this one. It just appeared. 

Buy now, at the regular price. Start enjoying your new purchase today. Or check the website every day in hopes that they run another sale some day. All while NOT enjoying your new purchase. 

If I was a gambling man I would say 4th of July.

The 30% off was enough to make me bite - so I have gone for the fully loaded bundle.

I would not be surprised if they do have another sale at some point in the future or even if they eventually offer the fully loaded bundle for free when purchasing a brand new HD500X at some point, probably just before they announce the next gen POD .....

No guarantees that will happen though ....... just guessing!     :)

Hello friends

I ve purchase it but I dont see any email from line6 as it says after buying. I sent an email to them, no response yet. Checked the credit card, the payment was done. What is the next steps? download? what would be in the email?

Hello friends

I ve purchase it but I dont see any email from line6 as it says after buying. I sent an email to them, no response yet. Checked the credit card, the payment was done. What is the next steps? download? what would be in the email?

The email is just a confirmation of the order.

It will be added to your online account immediately.

Just connect your HD to your PC, then launch Line6 license manager, sign in, it will list the bundles you have bought, then you just click on the authorize use button, it will then tell you to power off, power on your HD unit, and then the amps will be available for your use.

That's what happened for me on a Win 7 PC.

Good ed/Charlie

When I log on it, it doesn't show the pack/bundle in add-on part. Is it something that I should download then enable it or just enabled it? I mean maybe the pack is in podhd but disabled by default..

Thanks for your help

Good ed/Charlie

When I log on it, it doesn't show the pack/bundle in add-on part. Is it something that I should download then enable it or just enabled it? I mean maybe the pack is in podhd but disabled by default..

Thanks for your help

Immediately after I made the purchase on the Line 6 website, I just launched License Manager on my PC. I already had my HD500 connected via USB.  I logged in to License manager using my id and password that I use for my Line 6 account, and it immediately showed me the three bundles in a shaded box and next to the list was a button labelled "authorize" (I think - if memory serves me correctly). I clicked on the button and the bundles became unshaded and I got a pop up message telling me to power recycle my HD500 (power off and then on).  So I did just that and then all the amps and speakers from the packs then became available for use within the HD500 and were listed in my amp options when I used HD500 EDIT.

There was no download needed as I already had Line 6 license manager installed from when I last upgraded the fw on my HD500 to latest level.

I did receive an email but it was just a confirmation copy of my order and was not required to install the bundles.

I am assuming that your HD unit is registered to your Line 6 account ?

If you have registered your HD unit and you are not seeing the purchased bundles when logged in to License Manager while the HD unit is connected to your PC via USB, then I recommend you open a support ticket with Line 6 to ask for their help. 

Good luck - hope you get it resolved.

• Upvote 2

Good ed/Charlie

Thanks for your help

I finally got around to doing the firmware/usb update and model pack install last evening myself. After launching the License Manager the packs didn't show up in the "add - on" box but there was a note saying something like "you have addons to be installed" or something similar above it. Hit the yes button, it does its thing, cycle power and still not listed in the LM box but they are there in the bean, fully functional as checked in HD Edit.

Who knows, either I screwed the pooch, have an old version of LM or its the way it is, either way they are in the bean and work.

I'll try the HD500 install tonight and see what's what.

FWIW :)

B!ll

there's more than one screen in the license manager, on the left hand side.... you might need to change from my computer (default) to my devices to see the new licenses.

this is from memory so i may have the exact wording wrong... and you may have already looked there, just a guess.

What some of you are talking about is actually theft. Do yo realize this? 

Sure, it is mostly legal (laws across the globe vary, and I don't claim to know them all), but that is simply disgusting. 

You bought something. You knew what the price was. You still bought it. 

And now, because they are having a 3 day sale, you think you have the right to abuse a return policy by returning it and buying it again at a cheaper price... 

Makes me sick. 

Yes, not only do I think they do, I KNOW people do have a right to do that. Nothing is being abused if those are the terms you have. I think I've been abused by Line 6 by this offer. They have every RIIGHT to do it but, it makes ME sick that ONLY TWO MONTHS after offering something, it is then offered to other people for significantly less money. It seems very disrespectful to your customer base to me. As a pretty loyal Line 6 customer, I feel a bit cheated. I could see doing it after about a year or so but doing it so soon feels like a slap in the face. Did they know they were going to offer it at this price so soon after it came out? I think that's worse than using a return policy that is in place. Myself, I got them right away so I can't do it but people definitely have a right to do it.

So you are saying that Line6 is doing a disservice by offering a sale?  Come on and get real!  If you are within the 30 day trial period you have every right to return the models and rebuy if you want them. (or not)  After that, accept that you were willing to buy them at the original price.

Having the legal right is not the same as having the moral right. 

And, even the 'legal' can be a sketchy situation. 

Have you ever read the terms of service for a purchase? Not just L6, but with any purchase. 

Sometimes they say you can return an item for any reason, while other times they say things like "if you are dissatisfied" or if the item is defective. 

Returning something for any reason is one thing. But if they put the satisfaction caveat on there, your only honest response would be "I was satisfied with the product and it's price until I saw it go on sale and realized I could buy it cheaper. So, now I am dissatisfied with the price that I was previously satisfied with. Give me my money back so I can turn around and buy it from you a second time."

That makes you sound like a real tool. 

Big mega-corporations can get away with a "return for any reason" policy. Mom and Pop businesses cannot. 

So you are saying that Line6 is doing a disservice by offering a sale?  Come on and get real!  If you are within the 30 day trial period you have every right to return the models and rebuy if you want them. (or not)  After that, accept that you were willing to buy them at the original price.

Boy you're sure condescending. Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was a disservice. I never characterized it in that way! Reread my post and then YOU need to get real. I merely stated how it made me FEEL. Hence the terms "I think" and "I feel".  I was using that to illustrate why I thought it was peoples right to return it using a policy that is legal and in place. That's what I was responding to. To make part of my point, I stated how the offer made me feel as support for the right of people to use the return policy. And I do accept what I paid. Where did I say I didn't? I said that to show I was not merely defending myself for doing it since I couldn't participate in the return.

Having the legal right is not the same as having the moral right. 

And, even the 'legal' can be a sketchy situation. 

Have you ever read the terms of service for a purchase? Not just L6, but with any purchase. 

Sometimes they say you can return an item for any reason, while other times they say things like "if you are dissatisfied" or if the item is defective. 

Returning something for any reason is one thing. But if they put the satisfaction caveat on there, your only honest response would be "I was satisfied with the product and it's price until I saw it go on sale and realized I could buy it cheaper. So, now I am dissatisfied with the price that I was previously satisfied with. Give me my money back so I can turn around and buy it from you a second time."

That makes you sound like a real tool. 

Big mega-corporations can get away with a "return for any reason" policy. Mom and Pop businesses cannot. 

If you're going to get into "morally" right then it was not "morally right" to make this offer so soon. So there. And since you want to get all legal, being dissatisfied can also include being dissatisfied with the price they paid when they find it was offered for less in the manner Line 6 did it. That made people dissatisfied with the purchase price. Which then falls under the "dissatisfied" caveat. And saying I sound like a tool? That's just a juvenile thing to do which makes you lose some credibility. I mean really...name calling? Well OK, you're a poopie head Do I win? :rolleyes:

Yes, if your only reason for dissatisfaction with a product is the fact that you want to buy it cheaper - then you are acting like an heir to the massengill fortune.

That is not the type of person that I want to invite to break bread with me. 

People wonder when corporations became evil, and only think about profits instead of about the people ~~~ but no one asks, when did the people become bigger capitalist swine then the very corporations they speak against.

Returning a product simply because you can is not a good enough reason to return it. And certainly, when you return it because you want to buy it again, is justification enough for a company to begin to think more about it's own survival than the people. 

You're going to buy a product, use the product, and then return the product...        

and then on the same day that you returned the product, you are going to buy that same product that you just returned, from the same seller that you returned it to, but for a cheaper price. 

That is an indefensible action. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's really just a matter of the policy of the seller. If a company has a return policy that allows one to get money back within a certain time period then so be it. The policy is the deal, then after that if the company wants to make exceptions that's up to them. Reading the fine print is very important.

Pianoguyy, I haven't figured out if you post stuff for the sport of it or you are serious.

The whole" I am more moral than you" rhetoric is comedic at best. Come on, the company dictates the policy not you or the moral police.

Additionally, the "That is not the type of person that I want to invite to break bread with me" comment assumes people would want to.

Listen, I am sure you are a standup guy and all that, but this is just a forum. You need to get out a little. Calling someone a "tool" over a public internet forum diminishes your credibility as the moral police and as a person I'd want to break bread with. ;)  (see what I did there)

How are you enjoying the model packs?

Many thanks for those who answered my questions.

Here is the solution: have all software in monkey updated. Between the time I updated the firmware and bought the packs, they released some minor updates, I updated, all went fine.

As therealzap said you need to authorize computer and pod. You will see the packs in addon section. Thanks friends!

Arguing the "morality" of using a company's return policy to save yourself $30 on a $100? Some people are really awesome at proving just how out of touch they really are. I feel bad for the people who bought it 31 days before the sale started, and if I were one of them, I'd probably send annoying emails till I got a refund for my 30%. I think $100 for the full bundle is kinda crazy to begin with.......but I stuck it out till they went on sale and will be installing them this weekend. 

Many thanks for those who answered my questions.

Here is the solution: have all software in monkey updated. Between the time I updated the firmware and bought the packs, they released some minor updates, I updated, all went fine.

As therealzap said you need to authorize computer and pod. You will see the packs in addon section. Thanks friends!

Interesting as I didn't authorise my computer, only my HD500. Worked fine in both HD500 Edit and HD500 for me.

Well I ran through the process on the HD500 as well, and the packs are not in the little L Manager box but I get the "add ons install" button up top. Computer authorized too. But everything gets loaded and authourized per page 8 of the HDs system menu so its all good. As it happened on both the Bean and HD500 its more likely a 'puter issue :)

But in case anyone has this issue hold down the "view" button on the HD and go to page 8 the packs will be listed on that menu page.

Love the amp addons! Time to get greedy and start pushing for some FX packs! ;)

\m/ Bill \m/

"Yes, if your only reason for dissatisfaction with a product is the fact that you want to buy it cheaper - then you are acting like an heir to the massengill fortune.

That is not the type of person that I want to invite to break bread with me."

So who are you to judge people? You have a right to your opinion but for all your moral pontification, one big moral you are very guilty of breaking is judge not, lest ye be judged. I have generally found that people that resort to calling other people or their actions names, have no more significant thoughts and can then only throw verbal rocks. It's what a lot of ignorant people do when they can't actually respond to something with anything that has any weight to it. And it's pretty presumptuous to think that anyone wants a "break bread" invitation from you.

"People wonder when corporations became evil, and only think about profits instead of about the people ~~~ but no one asks, when did the people become bigger capitalist swine then the very corporations they speak against.

Returning a product simply because you can is not a good enough reason to return it. And certainly, when you return it because you want to buy it again, is justification enough for a company to begin to think more about it's own survival than the people."

I would say in regard to people becoming bigger swine than corporations, that both are equally so. To what degree the individual companies or people are swine is variable.Like everything in this world. It And it's not up to you to determine what a good enough reason is for other people to do this. You can have your opinion (and you do ;)), but in this case it ain't fact.

"You're going to buy a product, use the product, and then return the product...        

and then on the same day that you returned the product, you are going to buy that same product that you just returned, from the same seller that you returned it to, but for a cheaper price. 

That is an indefensible action."

Don't tell people what to do. I'm going to guess on the moral/do right scale, you do some things people would tell you are wrong to do,  Do you listen? Is it up to them to tell you what to do? I know you express things a certain way and maybe it is not your intent, but you do generally present you opinions as empirically true and that cannot always be the case.

I would say if you're going to offer a product that a lot of your LOYAL customers are going to purchase immediately when you offer it, don't offer it for significantly less money to those that probably aren't as loyal to you a very short time after you've initially offered the product. At best, I think it is very disrespectful thing to do. That to me entitles you to the Massengill fortune way more than those that take advantage of the return policy. Which, by the way, given today's technology, if Line 6 actually had a big problem with it, they could stop people from doing it by not allowing you to download it if you recently returned it. It would be a very easy thing to do and they haven't. Because of this, I can conclude they don't have an issue with it. It would just be too easy to do. It may even be their position that because of this faux pas, they actually think people should take advantage of it, since it was a disrespectful thing to do. Can't say for sure, of course, since Line 6 has said nothing in this regard officially. But they haven't done what they easily could of done.

And indefensible? Oh c'mon. Murder, theft, rape. Those I would classify as indefensible. Returning a product? Not so much. I have presented a defense. You may not agree with the defense but defensible it is.

Well this has been entertaining but I think I've already spent too much time on this. I couldn't respond to you in a timely manner because I am just a bit too busy right now. Unless you can come up with something different and compelling (or call me a particularly fantastically nasty name :o ) you won't change my mind. And I've pretty much presented my case so, unless my golden words of wisdom have changed your mind, I'm guessing you feel the same. So I accept your conclusions and don't think you're a tool, an heir to the Massengil fortune or any of the other incredibly inventive labels you've come up with for people :rolleyes:. And I would break bread with you since I accept what ever it is you think. Approve agree, no but I don't have to in order to accept your invitation which I'm sure is coming soon :P :D .  I've actually had fun reading alot of your posts and honestly, have pretty much always agreed with you and kind of chuckled at some people's weak responses to you. You may even think my conclusions are also weak but this time I have to respectfully disagree with all of your conclusions. So keep fighting the good fight, give me a last argument if you feel the need but until the next major moral issue.....see ya.........Ya Poopiehead!!!!  Yay, I WIN I WIN..... :D Crap, gotta go. Didnt' proof read so I hope this makes sense. Till next time.

You're right, I will never change your mind. Only you can do that. I can only give you the information that helps. 

But I thought I made it clear. It is your mind that needs changing. :D Using the golden info you have received from me. And your informatin only helped confirm my position for me. Thankyou.

Line 6 operates in the United states and all these issues are regulated by law (UCC or uniform commercial code), it's not arbitrarily that most companies in the U.S have 30 days return policies. They're not required to have 30 days policies but if they don't have a stated policy in some states, automatically a 30 day policy is imposed by law, so it makes sense to have such policies. .The way i see it if there's a moral obligation that anyone has, it would be line 6 to lower the price, refund 30% to all who paid the full price and keep the discounted price as the regular price

Getting back to topic, I hate to say that even at the 30% discount I opted out. My favorite amps are already in the HD500. I'm not really interested in anymore amps, what I'd like to see is at least one Power Amp model, and splitting the cabinet from the AMP, a stereo compressor with release and attack parameter not just threshold! Also the Global EQ is great but it wouldn't hurt to offer it as effect that way it can be saved with Presets. I'm sure these amp model packs are great, but there isn't many HD amps to warrant the price! I would have paid for  more modeled stomp boxes such as guvnor, any of the fultone drives, electric mistress flanger and the list goes on and on. Shiva, 5150, JCM800 are the only HD amps and to me, that doesn't qualify as metal pack! I know some really like their X3 older amps but at 99 dollars you're very close to getting a digitech rp360 with 55 AMPs of the same old generation modeling + 85 stomp effects!! and USB interface. Sorry line 6, I love what you do,  but I'm not seeing the value here.

Line 6 operates in the United states and all these issues are regulated by law (UCC or uniform commercial code), it's not arbitrarily that most companies in the U.S have 30 days return policies. They're not required to have 30 days policies but if they don't have a stated policy in some states, automatically a 30 day policy is imposed by law, so it makes sense to have such policies. .The way i see it if there's a moral obligation that anyone has, it would be line 6 to lower the price, refund 30% to all who paid the full price and keep the discounted price as the regular price

Getting back to topic, I hate to say that even at the 30% discount I opted out. My favorite amps are already in the HD500. I'm not really interested in anymore amps, what I'd like to see is at least one Power Amp model, and splitting the cabinet from the AMP, a stereo compressor with release and attack parameter not just threshold! Also the Global EQ is great but it wouldn't hurt to offer it as effect that way it can be saved with Presets. I'm sure these amp model packs are great, but there isn't many HD amps to warrant the price! I would have paid for  more modeled stomp boxes such as guvnor, any of the fultone drives, electric mistress flanger and the list goes on and on. Shiva, 5150, JCM800 are the only HD amps and to me, that doesn't qualify as metal pack! I know some really like their X3 older amps but at 99 dollars you're very close to getting a digitech rp360 with 55 AMPs of the same old generation modeling + 85 stomp effects!! and USB interface. Sorry line 6, I love what you do,  but I'm not seeing the value here.

I agree - tested the whole packe as the 30% discount appears. Still had to pay over 80€ here. I tested all the amps and find there is not much that is in the quality of "HD". I liked  the new Vox and the acoustic amp in the vintage pack and the marshall in the metall pack but again it is not worth for two amps to buy the pack. I found the metal pack to be the worst in the pack. But this is just my opinion - I had the change to test them out and didn't like what I got so I gave it back. It's fin as it is.