Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flash sale all model packs 30% off

Ed_Saxman

This may be a time when procrastination works FOR me lol

LOL...never fails. Ya gotta wonder about the timing though, and who at L6 decided this was a swell idea. It hasn't even been 2 months since they released them, and they're already blowing them out at 30% off. I haven't even gotten around to messing with all the new models yet. Lots of people are gonna be cranky...

LOL...never fails. Ya gotta wonder about the timing though, and who at L6 decided this was a swell idea. It hasn't even been 2 months since they released them, and they're already blowing them out at 30% off. I haven't even gotten around to messing with all the new models yet. Lots of people are gonna be cranky...

With good reason. L6 must need to show a little more profit for Q2 and this is a good way to get the people on the fence about it to make up their mind and lay their money down. It's a $30 lesson for me.

• Upvote 2

I just bought the metal pack only a month ago. the last week or so I've been thinking about picking up the vintage pack but wasn't going to pay the 50 and not get the bass pack (not that I need or would use the bass pack, but if I'm paying the mega bundle price in total, I want it all) but now I think I will pull the trigger on vintage pack as it's 35 bucks and I can live with that. :)

I am hoping they are simply pushing the model packs out to wring the last few bucks out of the HD500(x) before announcing a new floorboard at summer namm. One can hope!

Yeah, seems to me anyone that bought the packs within 30 days of the sale should get the discount...otherwise Line 6 will see an influx of returns and re-buys at the reduced price anyway.

• Upvote 1

But, the question is that the BEST $30 you've spent on Line6?

Nah, the best money I've spent on L6 gear is probably the thing I don't even use anymore: Relay G50. That's a great piece of gear. Can you even get an item for $30 from these guys? Well, I guess NOW you can..

Should have waited to buy the full bundle. $30 can buy a lot of strings and picks.

• Upvote 1

I am hoping they are simply pushing the model packs out to wring the last few bucks out of the HD500(x) before announcing a new floorboard at summer namm. One can hope!

Yeah, seems to me anyone that bought the packs within 30 days of the sale should get the discount...otherwise Line 6 will see an influx of returns and re-buys at the reduced price anyway.

This was exactly my thought as well.

Does anyone know if model packs for previous products ever gone on sale like this? And if they have, what happened shortly after?

What some of you are talking about is actually theft. Do yo realize this? 

Sure, it is mostly legal (laws across the globe vary, and I don't claim to know them all), but that is simply disgusting. 

You bought something. You knew what the price was. You still bought it. 

And now, because they are having a 3 day sale, you think you have the right to abuse a return policy by returning it and buying it again at a cheaper price... 

Makes me sick. 

• Downvote 2

I hope you're not talking about your little mosquitoes down there in California. :lol: Why, where I come from the mosquitoes are so big and nasty they travel in gangs and beat up the hummingbirds! :P

Haha! I grew up in South Dakota. Mosquitoes are the state bird there.

And now, because they are having a 3 day sale, you think you have the right to abuse a return policy by returning it and buying it again at a cheaper price... 

FWIW, I don't think Line 6 is all too concerned. We just want people to enjoy their PODs this long weekend.  :)

Theft? Disgusting? You are funny. Most retail operations in the US will pay the difference to the consumer if a price drop occurred within 30 days for a purchased item. And guess what, in some cases the retailer take the product back like a return and recharges for the sale price (purely as an accounting exercise)....versus just crediting the difference. Although this is not required...

Makes me sick? You need to get out more...

BTW, I haven't bought the model packs yet...  :P

• Upvote 2

Sure, it is mostly legal (laws across the globe vary, and I don't claim to know them all), but that is simply disgusting. 

Is a known fact: we live in a world where a very small number of people steal an explode the rest of us, but al least we still have the right to say it loud. A revolution is coming, and it will be televised.

Anyway, I was referring to a specific case: If I paid an extension in the form of firmware/software for a specific machine, I understand that if the manufacturer pretends to re-charge for the same concept to someone that buy that same machine second, third, or seventh hand, then yes, absolutely!: that is something I would call a kind of theft. No matter if they call it "personal use license" as a (US) legal subterfuge.

Do not be so thin skin, especially when you are talking about the private interests of a private company. As you say in the US: it's not your business.

FWIW, I don't think Line 6 is all too concerned. We just want people to enjoy their PODs this long weekend.  :)

We shall do so! I think I'll buy the model packs this afternoon, after creating a new account just to register my HD500 and purchase the model packs in order to be able to give it to the next person who buys my machine in the future, including all the content that is already paid, so nobody has to pay for it anymore. Thanks for the offer, has been a great idea. Otherwise I do not think that would have bought, because I think that the initial price was too high, and even more expensive for those of us who had to pay extra taxes.

Does anyone know if model packs for previous products ever gone on sale like this? And if they have, what happened shortly after?

I remember that they was giving a Podfarm license for free for the last year X3 Live costumers, as well as different generations of Variaxes being brutally discounted (I bought my Variax 705 Bass along with a Bass Pod XT live for a incredible price), but my memory doesnt go further. In any case, that only happens when a product is about to be discontinued. Not a bad thing per se unless we speak about software. Some years ago I bought a very expensive pair of Event ASP6 studio monitors at half the price for this same reason, and I´m very happy with them. However, if it's something you need software or drivers to run, it is much better to sell at the moment is discontinued. That was the story with my Bass Pod XT live. They dont make drivers for OS X anymore (Snow Leo was the first unsupported version, I think), so they forced me to sell it.

I hope so.

anybody kwons if this "metal pack" works on POD HD300 model? tks

No, they don't. The model packs work on the HD Bean, the 500 & 500X, and the HD Pro and Pro X. They do not work on the HD300 and 400.

Makes me sick.

It's not theft. Any business in America, other than maybe a grocery store, whether appliances, clothing, or musical instruments will honor a sale price when it comes up within a reasonable time (generally within their normal return window). Calm down.

Edit: Let me rephrase. Any business wanting repeat business and customer loyalty.

Perfect timing!  I was just logging in to check if the new amp packs were worth it and were they really good.  Sounds like it was destiny.

Speaking of which, Are the new models earth shattering and really good?  

Think I will get the Loaded Bundle as it makes sense.

Makes me sick. 

Clearly you never worked at a Guitar Center ;)

Makes me sick. 

LOL! Theft Really?   You realize a ton of companies have Price Guarantees that do exactly what you say is theft?

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/gc-advantage/glp.cfm

The discount is a good deal but I've had way more than $30 worth of fun between purchasing them and now. The upside of this is hopefully a bunch of folks will buy the packs and create some awesome new patches.

I got what I paid for and it has exceeded my expectations so I'm good.

• Upvote 1

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-05-23%20a

I just wrote a quite long review about the model packs in my language, but I'm too lazy to translate it:

http://www.guitarristas.info/foros/comunidad-line-6-pod-hd/164361/pagina87#post1979054

In resume:

HD Bass Pack -> Superb.

HD Vintage Pack -> Great (most part)

HD Heavy Pack -> Quite good (HD amps), but totally dispensable "Podfarm" amps.

Next time, better forget that old Podfarm stuff and develop more HD amps and Cabs.

Good work anyway. Looking forward for the next gen POD HD.

• Upvote 2

no new presets.... roll your own.

Hi Everyone,

I saw the flash sale mail this morning then I   Just got my HD pack few minutes ago ... !! :lol:

Is there some factory presets with ?? If yes where to get it? :huh:

this was not a matter of laziness, or a matter of any sort of inability....

these were the most requested models on idea scale....

that and you'll also notice... they were all line6 original models..

meaning they aren't representative of any particular actual amp...

i'm certain that they were modestly tweaked to be formatted and included in the HD platform...

any drastic changes or new modeling and they would not have been the models that users requested anymore....

besides... i think many people are missing the DSP benefit... these older models should user lower DSP and make more options for dual amps available.

also... none of those models had the benefit of the M-series effects previously...

anyway just saying... they are what they are intentionally... and they have their benefits/uses.

giving the metal guys what they asked for, can't be an entirely bad thing....

+1

Next time, better forget that old Podfarm stuff and develop more HD amps and Cabs.

• Upvote 1

yea, but what abt the dep values not showing on hd edit, hd 500 usb f/w 1.04 roll back (ALREADY implemented on the hd500x) , etc...

imo these bugs shd b fixed asap...

There is another bug in the new Tweed model, isn´t it? That model is incredibly noisy. Of course you can set the "hum" parameter to 0, but when you reduce the "master" parameter, the noise goes even worse.

• Upvote 1

I have a Champ clone that Built and the model is very close to the real thing.  Mine doesn't hum as much as the model with the hum at the default position but  I also beefed up the power supply caps a little.  It is not a bug.  They replicated the real sound of this 50's circuit. 

• Upvote 1