Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD full bundle issue

tony94fcom

Hi,

Few minutes ago I've purchased the "HD fully loaded bundle" ($83,16)

it said that my activation code was about to be emailed to me,

but I never received anything.

People from Line 6, any help?

problem apparently solved... The bundle can be authorized from the Line 6 License Manager, (from Line 6 Monkey) if you have it installed properly into your computer. Though this activation code message I received is still weird.

I have developed a new problem with HD Edit and the new model packs.  The new models are loaded and authorized on my POD and work fine.  My computer shows authorized but the models won't load.  Now when I use HD Edit I can't see or select the new models.  I can pull them up from the POD and the graphic shows the new models in HD Edit, but the drop down list stays empty and the names are not there.  Also if I then try to SEND the patch from HD Edit to the POD I get the big communications error pop up and it doesn't work.

I am pretty sure everything worked fine when I first installed it.  I did do a bunch of Windows Updates a few days ago.  Maybe something there interfered with the settings.  I have a support ticket open and will update here if it gets resolved.  They already had me reinstall HD Edit and the drivers which didn't help at all.

Not too frigging pleased to see the 30% off sale this morning since my 30 day window just expired.  WTF?

Not too frigging pleased to see the 30% off sale this morning since my 30 fay window just expired.  WTF?

Go figure...this happens the same week that "Alienating Your Customer Base for Dummies" debuts on the NYT Bestseller list... :P

I have developed a new problem with HD Edit and the new model packs.  The new models are loaded and authorized on my POD and work fine.  My computer shows authorized but the models won't load.  Now when I use HD Edit I can't see or select the new models.  I can pull them up from the POD and the graphic shows the new models in HD Edit, but the drop down list stays empty and the names are not there.  Also if I then try to SEND the patch from HD Edit to the POD I get the big communications error pop up and it doesn't work.

I am pretty sure everything worked fine when I first installed it.  I did do a bunch of Windows Updates a few days ago.  Maybe something there interfered with the settings.  I have a support ticket open and will update here if it gets resolved.  They already had me reinstall HD Edit and the drivers which didn't help at all.

Not too frigging pleased to see the 30% off sale this morning since my 30 day window just expired.  WTF?

I had the same thing happen when I first got the model packs and tried to use them with hd edit. For my situation, it ended up being a file called 'PODX4Edit.lang' in the 'res' subdirectory where the hd edit executable file resides, which was from an older version hd edit. As soon as I replaced this file from the latest version, 2.26, everything worked.

Seeing that you reinstalled hd edit, that should have fixed it for you, so maybe something else is going on. But you could try replacing that file, and 'App.imb' in the same 'res' subdirectory, manually, by opening the install file with 7-zip and extracting them.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Duncann, tried what you said no help.  As an update, Licence Manager shows the POD authorized and model packs installed, my computer shows authorized but no model packs installed.  I deauthorized and reauthorized but no help.  HD Edit when you click About shows no model packs installed because that's what the computer shows.  The model packs should be showing in both the computer and the POD.  I updated my support ticket too.

I really think that is dumb.  I should be able to edit my POD from any computer as long as the models are installed and authorized on the POD.  I absolutely hate poorly designed and functioning copy protection...

I really think that is dumb.  I should be able to edit my POD from any computer as long as the models are installed and authorized on the POD.  I absolutely hate poorly designed and functioning copy protection...

Same here. Is there even such a thing as a good design for copy protection? I have yet to see one where It doesn't end up screwing a legitimate user in some way.

They probably waste more time and resources on their current scheme than they potentially get back because somebody might steal a model pack. They should take those resources and spend the time fixing the current bugs in their software.

By the way, I suppose it's possible that a windows update caused your problem, but just the other day I did an update and everything still shows fine in hd edit.

try using attached 'PODX4Edit.lang' (unzip 1st).

it is a plain txt file i copied from the location duncann suggested...

it contain model pack amp codes , names, etc. (opens with notepad, excel, , xml formatted).

it is wise 2 keep a copy from ur original 'PODX4Edit.lang' file.

FYI, i have latest s/w+f/w running BUT HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANY MODEL PACK.

good luck :)

ps

may b someone else who installed model pack(s) compare this file with the one on his pc 'n report differences (if any)...

PODX4Edit.zip

Edited by jandrio

problem apparently solved... The bundle can be authorized from the Line 6 License Manager, (from Line 6 Monkey) if you have it installed properly into your computer. Though this activation code message I received is still weird.

I purchased the packs yesterday and got the same email. I went to the license manager and ... nothing. No updates or add ons waiting for me. :(  I've updated the firmware to the lastest version, etc. So now what? Line 6? :angry: :unsure:

I bought the bundle yesterday, and received the same email. I believe that the activation codes are for pod Farm users.

I have line 6 software on both my desktop, which I rarely use, and my laptop that I use whenever I edit patches or record. I couldn't get the license manager to work on my laptop, so I ran it on my desktop with my unit connected to activate the packs. I went back to my laptop and edit worked just fine for me.

the activation code is likely some sort of internal line6 number for your license...

no line6 licenses require that you use the activation code... just the license manager.

it's confusing, but i think that's how the system was setup long ago.

Log into the license manager with the same login you used to purchase the license. Should be straight forward.

That's what I am doing. I also notice that there's no mention of the model packs in my purchase history. :(

the activation code is likely some sort of internal line6 number for your license...

no line6 licenses require that you use the activation code... just the license manager.

it's confusing, but i think that's how the system was setup long ago.

tks zap, it's clear now :)

• Upvote 1

I picked up the HD Vintage Bundle yesterday.  I had it loaded and working in less than 5 minutes!  I was impressed with how easy it was.  I had my Pod hooked up and the license manager open when I made the purchase and the response was almost immediate.  It loaded the Bundle and told me to power cycle my Pod and then the new amps were there!

did you perhaps log in with a different account when you made the purchase?

because that would result in your situation.

you need to log the license manager into the account that you made the purchase with.

I've got a confirmation email with an order no. and a time and date of transaction.

So I went away for the long weekend and shut my computer down to be safe.  Come back this morning and it won't boot up at all.  That won't help my support ticket resolution!  Hope its not related...  WTF?  :huh:

So I went away for the long weekend and shut my computer down to be safe.  Come back this morning and it won't boot up at all.  That won't help my support ticket resolution!  Hope its not related...  WTF?  :huh:

Unlikely, but possibly a dead or dying 3.3V battery on the motherboard?