Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My palm hits bridge on my JTV69 while I play, is there a cover I can install?

My palm hits the bridge on my JTV69 while I play, is there a cover I can install? I love my JTV69 but that super cool floating bridge goes sharp sometimes when I play, my hands are big, I am wondering if anyone else has that problem and if they ever thought about putting a cover to rest their palm while they play. 

I think the only solution you're gonna find is one of the various tremelo blockers that are out there. I've got a Tremel-No in my 69, cause I'm not a whammy bar guy. You can set it to fixed, dive-only, or full floating, so you've got options. If you can live with dive-only, it'll solve the problem of notes going sharp when you rest on the bridge.

I will look into the Teme!-No, I asked my set up guy if I could lock it, (I don't use a trem) and he told me no, the bridge has to float to get my nice sounds I get. Not sure what to think about his remark. will the Teme!-No change the sound?

I asked my set up guy if I could lock it, (I don't use a trem) and he told me no, the bridge has to float to get my nice sounds I get. Not sure what to think about his remark. will the Teme!-No change the sound?

If you think about it long enough you'll probably have a stroke, because it's nonsense. The modeling has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the bridge floats. The 59's have a fixed bridge, and the modeling is identical. Might be a nice guy, but he has no idea what he's talking about.

I played my guitar for months before having it set up by this guy, It was super cheap and when he was done it played like a dream, he showed me how nice the strings ring while the guitar is unplgged and he said that is because the bridge is now properly set up and needs to "float" . ok, all greak to me I don't care this thing is so nice and the sustain is like FOREVER!  So I just want to make sure all of the above is not affected when a make "whatever" I choose Mod for the palm problem I have. I never said the modelling would be different just the nice clean natural guitar sounds I get. I know the modeling is done in the bridge pickup.

I think the Tremel-No is worth a try.

Thanks,

guys, I have seen Chappers block video, kinda rad for me