Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Too little too late (Model Pack sale)

Brozz

So you've finally decided to throw your POD Farm users a bone, with a whopping 30% off model packs.

30% off out dated software? Who can resist that?

Thank you Line 6, for making me see what a fool Ive been since 2009.
By that I mean, in 2009 I started using Line 6 software for my guitar tones.

Ive gotten some great tones w/ PODFarm, and its not the software I have the peeve with, its Line 6.

Thank you for the lousy service, buggy products and overall dismissal of your customers concerns, wants and needs.

I will be taking my dollars elsewhere for my modeling needs in the future.

• Upvote 1

1. has NOTHING to do with pod farm... the sale is for the HD model packs... which do not work with pod farm.

2. all the new models in the world won't magically fix your tones if you can't use the program to begin with.

1. Wrong.  From my Line6 Email:

"Expand your amp collection without breaking the bank. For this weekend only, you can save 30% off ALL Line 6 Model Packs.  More amps and even more tones."

2. Also wrong by virtue of the fact that number one above was wrong.

Give the guy his due -- Line6 HAS sat on outdated model packs for YEARS and never once thrown out a sale until today that I recall.  I could be wrong about having no sale before, but it hasn't been for a long time if there was one.  Since I just purchased the Power Pack to complete my POD Farm 2.5 setup (still lack the Bass Pack) it'd been nice to have had this sale then as I paid $99 just to complete a set I'd had since around 2010.

In any event, my main point is that you're flaming the guy when his facts are correct about POD Farm model Packs being on sale as well.

1. Wrong.  From my Line6 Email:

"Expand your amp collection without breaking the bank. For this weekend only, you can save 30% off ALL Line 6 Model Packs.  More amps and even more tones."

In any event, my main point is that you're flaming the guy when his facts are correct about POD Farm model Packs being on sale as well.

not so fast... I went to the store and added some of those other packs to my cart... no discount... add the HD packs, discount... 

Maybe they MEANT it for all of them but it ain't working that way...

not so fast... I went to the store and added some of those other packs to my cart... no discount... add the HD packs, discount... 

Maybe they MEANT it for all of them but it ain't working that way...

THAT would be another entire kettle of fish lol.  Line6 is sort of new at "holiday sales events" after all lol...

rechecked the email and it looks like it was intended to cover all model packs... i fixed my post....

but dude simply doesnt like the program... and model packs wont fix that.....

and besides 30% is a good sale! regardless of how little value this original poster places on the product....

for someone interested in the product... i doubt you'll see a better price.

rechecked the email and it looks like it was intended to cover all model packs... i fixed my post....

but dude simply doesnt like the program... and model packs wont fix that.....

and besides 30% is a good sale! regardless of how little value this original poster places on the product....

for someone interested in the product... i doubt you'll see a better price.

30% is a good sale price and I'd like to encourage this sort of behavior more often by Line6 myself ;)

• Upvote 1

It's hard for me to understand being offended at something like this... If you think the sale still isn't a good deal, don't participate in it. Honestly, I would probably be hesitant in investing money into model packs for software as old as POD Farm at this point, but some people might find value in it.

It's hard for me to understand being offended at something like this...

The 30% off has tipped me over the edge and I have just bought the Vintage pack. I'd be massively peeved though if I had stumped up for it on release and seen the price slashed already. For once procrastination has worked in my favour  :D

all the new models in the world won't magically fix your tones if you can't use the program to begin with.

More condescending BS from a Line 6 fanboy.  Comical, but useless to this thread.

At any rate, I should clarify that I don't hate PODFarm (as assumed by TheRealZap) but I am not happy with L6 and they way they handle their customer relations, especially their PODFarm user base.

No 13th hour sale can fix that.

not condescending in the least...

if you're not able to effectively use the program (like 100's of thousands of others) and consider it to be buggy etc (your words not mine)

then the models were clearly not going to help you...

I do not work for line6, i'm merely restating your words.

More condescending BS from the Line 6 camp.  Guess that helps confirm my original post.

At any rate, I should clarify that I don't hate PODFarm (as assumed by a responder) but I am not happy with L6 and they way they handle their customer relations, especially their PODFarm user base.

No 13th hour sale can fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

if you're not able to effectively use the program (like 100's of thousands of others) ...

You think thats a user end issue? Must be a lot of idiots out there.

Now, if you had actually read my words, you would know that I did not have a problem with the software, and in fact, have gotten many gtreat tones from it.

But you're too busy slurping the Kool-Aid for that.

• Downvote 1

So you've finally decided to throw your POD Farm users a bone, with a whopping 30% off model packs.

30% off out dated software? Who can resist that?

Thank you Line 6, for making me see what a fool Ive been since 2009.

By that I mean, in 2009 I started using Line 6 software for my guitar tones.

Ive gotten some great tones w/ PODFarm, and its not the software I have the peeve with, its Line 6.

Thank you for the lousy service, buggy products and overall dismissal of your customers concerns, wants and needs.

I will be taking my dollars elsewhere for my modeling needs in the future.

The users wanted the XT/X3 amp models and L6 released them as model packs. L6 has been cool to me over the years and actually responds when I have asked questions and think the service has been cool with regards to fixing bugs.

Your brush paints a unfair broad stroke but you are entitled to it.

-B

apparently it's just not the product for you... you clearly don't enjoy it, regardless of how many great tones you've gotten you still think that it warrants your general (as in non specific) complaints.

it is what it is... a very mature product... to expect it to be anything else at this point isn't very realistic...

calling me all the names you want or disparaging my participation here isn't going to change that.