Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do you like to dual amp?

mattbarden

OK, so im about to be new owner of Pro X and i have no experience what so ever from pod hd pro x. I only have read stuff around my question but haven't found satisfying answer/post.

So my plan is to create pretty basic 'Teh djentz' style of bass patch for myself. Now, is this possible.

Path A: Gate, comp, dist, amp, eq(set as hipass)

Path B: Gate,comp eq(set lopass)

Path A:panned left 100%

Path B: panned right100%

Run this out from unbalanced L and R into solid-state stereo amp(L and R inputs) and from there to my two bass cabs (L and R).

So from what i have learned on this Forum, i can balance my clean lows and hi distortion from my power amp, by just adjusting gain levels?

No cab or mic sim cos i have TC RS 212 on top and bottom so two separate cabs overall.

Sorry but im noob so i have yo ask:/

P.S what sort of power amps ppl here use with hd500(x) or hd pro(x)?

I don't really know how to build patches for basses, but why would you apply a high pass filter in the One Path and a low pass filter in the Other Path?

From my point of view, as a guitarist, it doesn't make any sense. I would just apply my low/high pass filters at the end of the chain or with the Global EQ.