Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reload patch to saved settings while in gig

erklaerbaer

Hi there

Since about one year I own a HD500x and use it regularly at home for practice and with a choir, where I play in the accompanying band, mostly at churches.

Now my problem is, that the HD500x lies on the ground with all cables plugged in, and if unfortunately e.g. the guitar cable "hangs" over the HD500x, it misadjust the knob position to an unwanted setting (mostly the knobs in the top row, Drive, Bass, Mid etc.), resulting in bad sound. Especially in a live situation, this is really annoying.

My solution would be to just reload the saved patch, but I couldn't figure out how to do this when not connected to the computer (there I just copy an empty patch to this slot, but while in a live situation, this is not possible).

So, am I the only one that fights with this problem? How would you solve this?

Thanks for your help and ideas.

erklaerbaer

just click the patch button again....that will recall the patch...No PC needed...there is no need to store the patch again...

unless I am not understanding you post....you say the guitar cable drags across and moves some of the tone stack knobs changing the tone....If you are on patch A, then just click A and the patch is recalled....Is there something else I am missing here?

• Upvote 1

I know exactly what you mean when a cable moves the knobs around. Luckily, since you are playing live and are not connected via USB to the edit program, the changes to the preset won't save. So the above method should work.

only when you are connected to the editor via USB will those changes be saved temporarily until you disconnect the unit and probably change banks

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the fast answers! I wasn't aware that I could just reload the same patch again. I thought it saved the changes until power off / on again. I think, I was connected to PC when recognising this behaviour.

So I will try this tomorrow.

It acts differently when you have EDIT running. I don't know what happens when you simply have a pc connected because I don't connect a pc unless I plan on using EDIT. 

But if you are live, it should not be running EDIT, which means just do what the others have said -- call up a patch. 

• Upvote 1

At home while practice, I usually have the POD connected and Edit running to work with the patches in a comfortable way. So I think this is the problem then. I will try it tomorrow with Edit not running. Seems I've just not understand the way the POD behaves.

Thank you for your help!

As for preventing the problem in the first place, a bit of Velcro on the UNDERSIDE of the unit, top and bottom, a couple loops around the cable, voila! A custom cable routing system!

• Upvote 1