Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

*** Firehawk- sudden loss of output on stage . No signal out. ***

jkuche

Just a reminder for others - I suggest check the state of the rear "OUTPUT MODE SWITCH"

If this Switch is in the "AMP" position you get a complete loss of Guitar signal from both the XLR and Headphone Outputs 

I never switch from "line" setting.

Just a reminder for others - I suggest check the state of the rear "OUTPUT MODE SWITCH"

If this Switch is in the "AMP" position you get a complete loss of Guitar signal from both the XLR and Headphone Outputs 

Of my many sudden-loss-of-output events, only one was associated with inadvertent actuation of the "AMP" mode on the "OUTPUT MODE SWITCH" .

Good reminder for trouble-shooting, but certainly not the answer to all such problems.

Remember- one of my events responded to movement of the outboard expression pedal , which was not assigned to volume, but to a delay parameter. Yet it became re-assigned to volume ( see my previous post) . Please look out for this.

I have also had presets unintentionally re-assign second pedal function. This may be related to the software/hardware quirks that are happening.

Keep reporting! 

"Ghost in the machine" 

Of my many sudden-loss-of-output events, only one was associated with inadvertent actuation of the "AMP" mode on the "OUTPUT MODE SWITCH" .

Good reminder for trouble-shooting, but certainly not the answer to all such problems.

Remember- one of my events responded to actuation of the outboard expression pedal , which was not assigned to volume, but to a delay parameter. Yet it became re-assigned to volume ( see my previous post) . Please look out for this.

I have also had presets re-assign second pedal function. This may be related to the software/hardware quirks that are happening.

Keep reporting! 

"Ghost in the machine"

Yes, I think that is the same as one of the times I had volume loss, I was assigning delay mix to the foot pedal.

I suggest get a can of Caig DeOxit Contact spray and a very short blast into the External Expression pedal jack input. Then use any guitar cable and insert /remove a few times as this action will "clean" any oxidation from the jack's internal switch contacts

The External Expression pedal jack is a switching type and often on new gear the Asian jack component vendors use a thin anti corrosion coating on the metal contacts -perform the above on any mechanical electrical contact that is intermittent or makes noise.

My theory is the marginal switching Jack on the external expression pedal jack is momentarily opening up and creating the problem of no signal.

41C7H1PR6sL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The same problem in my video below is documented under 'A/D patch lights of death' thread as well:

https://youtu.be/sqOo2H-aJAY

No presets downloaded from the Cloud

Latest firmware, latest application

With/without a bluetooth device connected (iPhone 5, 5c, iPad 2)

With/without a second expression pedal (Line 6 EX-1)

With/without USB connection

In both AMP and Line Out mode

I'm yet to experience this problem (touch wood) but so far I'm only switching with my hands as I'm still setting up patches on a table as I have a duff leg which is on the mend, so it got me thinking is it possible that it's due to excessive force on the switches or some other mechanical problem? The obvious thing is a software problem but maybe it's not the obvious

• 1 year later...

I appreciate i'm late to this party, but I have a Firehawk that keeps cutting out on stage. I love the sounds and ease of use, but the band is getting REALLY fed up of it! If I don't get it sorted soon it's going to have to go!

I don't use an expression pedal.

When I first got the unit I downloaded a few patches from other users and tweaked them to my sound. When I started having problems with it cutting out, the store I bought it from suggested I do a factory reset, install the latest firmware, and start afresh which is what I did.

This time i didn't download any sounds from anywhere else, or use the patches i'd already created, I started from blank patches and spend a whole night locked in a studio creating every sound that I needed from scratch. The results sound awesome, way better than the first patches I had. However the unit continues to cut out. Sometimes I do a full gig (around 2 hours playing) with no problems. Sometimes I can't even get through the first song.

The store have now asked me to send it back to Line 6 but I found this thread and thought i'd add my experiences to the pile.

I bought this unit because myself and the band were sick of me using rickety old valve amps that although sounded awesome when they worked, would fail now and again, this was supposed to be an easy to set up fail-safe unit. But it's letting me down badly.

Chris.

• 2 months later...

I appreciate i'm late to this party, but I have a Firehawk that keeps cutting out on stage. I love the sounds and ease of use, but the band is getting REALLY fed up of it! If I don't get it sorted soon it's going to have to go!

I don't use an expression pedal.

When I first got the unit I downloaded a few patches from other users and tweaked them to my sound. When I started having problems with it cutting out, the store I bought it from suggested I do a factory reset, install the latest firmware, and start afresh which is what I did.

This time i didn't download any sounds from anywhere else, or use the patches i'd already created, I started from blank patches and spend a whole night locked in a studio creating every sound that I needed from scratch. The results sound awesome, way better than the first patches I had. However the unit continues to cut out. Sometimes I do a full gig (around 2 hours playing) with no problems. Sometimes I can't even get through the first song.

The store have now asked me to send it back to Line 6 but I found this thread and thought i'd add my experiences to the pile.

I bought this unit because myself and the band were sick of me using rickety old valve amps that although sounded awesome when they worked, would fail now and again, this was supposed to be an easy to set up fail-safe unit. But it's letting me down badly.

Chris.

Chris (and everyone) ,

I started this thread over a year ago . For whatever reason , my Firehawk signal loss issue has almost completely resolved- I probably get catastrophic signal loss every 50 shows. I really haven't changed anything.

Go figure.

But I am having foot switch issues -

One or two of my foot switches take more than one tap to switch , which is frustrating trying to tap on a lead boost . - I wonder if that is a software issue (but I doubt that) . Before I go further with trying to remedy , a few questions

1. is it really easy to replace a foot switch ? 
  2. any diagnostic suggestions ?
  3. anybody else have to tap more than once ? 

ty

•  

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys,

I researched this exact topic. Been a dedicated line 6 user since 02. Just picked up a Firehawk FX last week and i play gigs almost every weekend. Anyways first thing I did was update to version 1.30. Spent a week building patches and it does sound great .Anyways first gig during setup I had the same issue happen. Changing patches then sound is gone everywhere. Doing a reset was the only way to fix it. But same issue after a reset. Changing patches and sound gone again. I was panicking cause I had 15 min till showtime.

Anyways long story short I do not use my tablet for gigs, and I noticed the blue bluetooth light blinking like it was trying to connect. Every time I rebooted it was still blinking. So I shut it off and it fixed the problem. Went through 2 full 4 hour gigs with no issues.

So that tells me maybe it was trying to connect to the app and since it couldn't find it it for whatever reason shut all the volume off. Have no idea why. Maybe it's a bug in the 1.30 version. Anyways so far so good. I'll keep updating as I play more.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...