Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd147 And Heil Talk Box

Hi 

Appreciate I have an older amp but I have the HD147 and and line 6 4x12 cabinet that comes with it (w floor pedal)

It has a great tone and loads of authentic sounds live and loud

I bough the dunlop heil talk box and have follwed the manual

Put the HD147 OUT into the talk box and the out talk box in to the speaker

play the amp and its loud as normal - click the talk box on and ALL the sounds comes out the tube

So do I need a mic for the tube - that would have to be miked up pretty damn loud as the tube sound isnt that loud 

Amp was on 6 and very loud if the talk box was off and sound coming direct out of amp

Is this the best / easiest talk box to use 

I do have the full FBV foot pedal (which ins wah and volume) so could use another talk box and use the effect loop 

Bit lost here clearly so need that Bon Jovi Sound but I had thot the talk sound would come out of my amp but seems not

#lost

• 2 weeks later...

Well got no support from line 6 so contacted Dunlop and my guitar store,

You can plug the talk box in between your amp and cabinet but you are then limited on your amp volume, must be high but not too high else you blow the talk box

Best option is to use an ab box and Harmonix power amp to power the talk box so your hd147 can be at any volume, happy to share diagrams if anyone needs