Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is Error 8220?

ellendr

Here's what led to me getting an Error 8220 message and why I want to know more about it.

I bought the Vintage model pack on Thursday night for my HD 500X, wanting to check out the Orange amp model, then the promo email showed up Friday morning. I called Line 6 support - wondering if they could just adjust the purchase price on my card rather than returning and re-buying. So customer service referred me to tech support. 

Tech support told me to send an email to storesupport...storesupport emailed back that I would have to call customer service. By this time it was almost the end of the day, but I was able to get through. They told me to do a return and a re-buy online. 

Saturday morning I logged in and de-authorized all my POD devices on my account and license manager. When I pressed the Go button to do the return, all that came back was a message stating "Error 8220". Nothing more - no clues, no details about what that error means. It's not in the Knowledge Base, the FAQs, or the Forum, except for a couple others getting that message.

And of course, it's the weekend, so there is no technical support available. I opened an online service ticket, but it says it could take 3 business days to get a response. Meaning, no weekend support...during which time you're having a big sale, and no support available to those who need it. 

Thanks for any info about what could cause this error.

I just tried to give back the model packs, because I only wanted to keep the vintage. Deauthorized all devices and wanted to give back the packs but always get the Error 8211. Don't know what it means

Having the same issue. I bought the model packs, only to have my HD500X run into a problem during the flash upgrade prior to trying to load the new model packs and freeze up. I got that figured out, but in light of the glitch and the amount of time it took get it working again I was pretty much done and not really into putting anymore money into the HD. Went to return them and got that same error. My hardware is completely deauthorized and shows as such on my account. Really annoying.

I got the Error: 8211. I placed a support ticket on Friday morning (5/22), the same day I deauthorized. I bought it on 4/30. With the weekend and Monday being a holiday, I suppose Wednesday will be 3 days. I too called on Friday and was told to email storesupport. I did and have not heard from them yet either. All my devices in license manager no longer have an X to deauthorize. I rebooted my POD and it no longer exists in the POD or license manager. (It rebooted my iMac when I plugged the POD in. You would think it wanted to see the POD via USB during the process.) I do have a device listed (X3Live) that I used as a trade when I bought my 500X. The status says "pending?". When I click on that, it wants me to plug in my X3Live. I thought that was the reason for the error. Apparently, from these posts, that might not be the case.

At first I just wanted the discount. By Saturday I decided to purchase only the vintage pack. Today, I think I will be happy with the original amps. Now it is just a matter of ensuring the charge is removed from my card.

Peace!

Error 8220 here, too. I went ahead and bought the Fully Loaded Bundle again anyway so that the sale price wouldn't expire on me. Really they should've just refunded the difference to everybody who was still within their 30 day trail period. What a mess.

Well, that stinks if that's the "new" return process. There is a "Return Policy" link on the main page of the store (http://store.line6.com/termsofsale/#returnpolicy) and I followed the steps of the process they have published. Why wasn't I told this Friday when I called?

I guess I'll just keep the model pack and chalk it up to lessons learned, which I'm sure they're counting on. Still no excuse for a crappy customer experience when users are presented with a response containing a cryptic error message with no explanations. I work in software development and my team would have a field day if I coded something like that and deployed it to production that way. Negative testing anyone?

If I had a dollar for every time I tried something different and hit the "Go" button over this weekend, I could've bought the whole model pack package! How lame am I???   :wacko:  And I was just looking at the new Relay wireless systems....no way now.

No, no, ellendr, I was saying that what they told me to do was what they already told you to do. We're both caught in the same loop. Storesupport is going to tell me to call customer service. But customer service is who told me to email storesupport. This isn't resolved.

I opend a ticket two days ago and today they changed the status to "escalated" - what ever that means.

No further answer was given.

I wanted to give back the whole bundle and then purchase only the vintage - but now I'll give it all back. There are only 2-3 amps that seems to work for my needs and that is not worth the price.

Hopefully they solve the issue with the return soon

wvolkmann   

May 28, 12:08 PM

Hi. We're sorry that you're not happy with your purchase. To return a Line 6 License Order please follow these steps: A. De-authorize all of your devices using the License Manager utility program.B. Please send a direct email to storesupport@line6.com for a refund. That address leads to the department that refunds credit cards. The refund will not process unless all devices have been deauthorized.C. Once they have confirmed your request is being processed, re-authorize your devices using the License Manager utility program to use any remaining licenses and/or model packs.Once initiated, the refund should settle within 5 business days.

wvolkmann May 28, 12:08 PM

Ticket Status = waiting on customer

joel_brown May 24, 14:50 PM

MetalPackReturnError.JPG

This was the response I got on my support ticket for this 8220 error when trying to return the MetalPack.  I sent an email today and will post when I receive my refund,  So much for the website working correctly.

I just got this answer from the support:

Hello. We have initialized the refund of your purchase. Expect to see an email confirming this transaction. The refund should settle within 5-7 business days.You can now authorize all of your devices using the License Manager utility program to use any remaining licenses and/or model packs.

I received a different message:

Hello,

To request a refund, you will need to get in contact with our store support team. Please email them at: storesupport@line6.com

Thanks,
Pete
Line 6 Support

I sent an email to storesupport on 5/22 and 5/28 and have not received a response.

I asked support on 5/27 "Can anyone tell me what error codes 8211 and 8220 mean?". No response so far. No return of my purchase price. Tomorrow will be 30 days. Hmmm.

No response here, either. I opened my ticket 5/24 and the status remains "new". I realize the 24th was Sunday and the 25th was a holiday. But it's now nearing the end of the 28th. I e-mailed 'storesupport' as directed on the 26th. No reply. Further, I was told (albeit hesitantly) that it would be processed within 24 hours, not 5-7 days.

Long story short, I called again after work and my refund was processed shortly afterwards.

I strongly advise anybody who is still having trouble with the error 8220 that this topic was opened for to call customer service and explain the issue until it is clearly stated to you that your refund IS BEING processed.

Best of luck...I'm signing off.

We apologize for the experiences you all have had with returning your digital assets. At this point, I believe you all have been sorted. Error 8220 appears because the return process in your Purchase History is broken. We will fix that soon. Below is what our website's return policy is updated to say:

Line 6 will gladly provide a full refund of any Line 6 License order within thirty (30) days of the order date. After 30 days, returns will not be accepted and no refunds will be issued. Please note: All Software purchased in a single transaction must be returned together. A refund for less than the full original order amount cannot be issued.

U.S. store purchases: Please send a direct email to storesupport@line6.com for a refund.

Purchases made from other countries: Contact Line 6 Support at www.Line6.com/support/tickets for a refund.

You must first have fully deauthorized all of your devices using License Manager before the return process can begin. After our staff has determined the devices are deauthorized, a refund will be processed. The completion of the refund process can take up to 7 business days, depending on your bank. Once you receive confirmation that the process has begun, you can re-authorize your devices to use with any remaining licenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that Line6 did refund my money after I sent the email to their storesupport.  It took almost 2 weeks after I sent the email for the refund to show up.

That's how long it took for my return. I'm guessing it was a bit hectic at Line6 sorting this out. I have always found them to be an honorable company. Currently enjoying the original amps. 

It saddens me to see these experiences. A lot of us L6 customers use this gear on the weekends for business, and we need it to work. If it doesn't, then we need support to help. L6, please support customers on the weekends. The needs of your business demands it.

A lot of us L6 customers use this gear on the weekends for business ????  

If your business is that critical then have a backup plan.  I carry a spare PODHD and always have 2 amps and 3 guitars at every gig.  I'm not going to expect Line6 to spend the extra money to stay open on weekends and be able to fix my stuff with a phone call.