Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume matching

Hi

I am using a JTV59 through an HD500 into an Stagesource L3 live. The rig sounds really sweet but the volume seems to swing around a lot depending on the model on the Variax. It seems to be more noticeable since I added the L3. I know that an LP has a hotter signal than a Strat etc. and that L6 modelled the guitars to behave like the real thing. The thing is though that it's not very helpful in a live situation as I like to keep the number of patches to a minimum, using different JTV models within the same patch.

Has anyone managed to match volumes across the model range? If so it'd be great if they could post.

Hi

I am using a JTV59 through an HD500 into an Stagesource L3 live. The rig sounds really sweet but the volume seems to swing around a lot depending on the model on the Variax. It seems to be more noticeable since I added the L3. I know that an LP has a hotter signal than a Strat etc. and that L6 modelled the guitars to behave like the real thing. The thing is though that it's not very helpful in a live situation as I like to keep the number of patches to a minimum, using different JTV models within the same patch.

Has anyone managed to match volumes across the model range? If so it'd be great if they could post.

You can definitely make the volumes more consistent, but I think the sustain will still be different on some models even after boosting them.

I couldn't save the bundle directly as Arislaf suggested- it was an old post so may be due to firmware updates. The settings would load into workbench so I could see what they were, they just wouldn't upload to the Variax. I was just a matter of changing the overall dB on each model in each position manually, which took around 15 minutes.

That's the bad news, the good news is that all models are now usable in a live situation. The wild volume differences have disappeared and I can now happily switch between Spank and Lester within the same patch on my Pod without suddenly drowning out the rest of the band. If you are having the same problem I would urge you to give it a try.

Just thought I'd share...

• Upvote 1