Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Music Library

meuste

Just got mine last weekend. Finally had a chance to fiddle with it. Trying to play a song from the music library to jam along. From what I can tell when I put the phones on the music is there but not the guitar. Tried the large dial button in red mode and white mode. I have the back switch in amp position(depressed). I may just be doing something wrong. At first I thought the music would be coming out of my amp with the guitar mixed...adjusted by white mode on large dial. Somebody steer me right?

If you want music to come from your bluetooth device to your firehawk. make sure that you have the firehawk showing up in both areas of bluetooth setupin the app (to send receive data, and to send music to). try plugging headphones into the firehawk, and streaming the music to it, you should be able to now adjust tour music and guitar volume from the big knob in red and white modes.

I hear the music in the phones but no guitar. Shouldn't I hear both coming from the amp if the phones are not plugged in? I do have send and receive both showing in the settings. You have to tap advanced to show both. I played with the Master Vol(red and white modes), still no guitar in phones. The guitar is still only coming out of the amp. The music in the phones. There must be a setting I am missing.

Yep, on the back of Firehawk FX, make sure the Output switch is set to Line Out Mode. If it's set to Amp Out Mode, the guitar is only heard from the 1/4" outputs—not the headphones or XLRs.

From the manual:

Output Modes

The OUTPUT MODE switch found on the Firehawk FX rear panel cleverly configures the audio signals sent out the XLR and 1/4-inch outputs to optimize them for your setup:

• Line Out Mode optimizes the guitar sound for direct recording and full-range monitoring. The signal is at line level and simulates the sound of a mic’d amp out of both the XLR and 1/4†outputs.

• Amp Out Mode is very different in that the guitar sound is optimized for connecting into the front of a guitar amp. The signal is at instrument level and is not appropriate to monitor through headphones or a full range system, therefore, the guitar signal is only present at the 1/4†outputs in this mode.

• Because Bluetooth® streamed audio does not typically sound best playing through a guitar amp, the 1/4†outs carry only the guitar signal when in Amp Out Mode – Bluetooth® audio is only present at the XLR and Headphone outs in this mode. 

Trying to do my firmware update right now and it's failing - see the latest thread. I will try that when I'm done. Those lines were not in the book I got with my Firehawk. I just downloaded the newer pilot's manual and I see that's where those explanations are. You guys are awesome with the help here. I've read the forums and everyone wants everyone to succeed with this new gizmo. So cool...thanks.