Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware and app update?

jpmull

I just updated the apps on my phone and saw the attached. Looks like we got an app update which also requires a firmware update on the FirehawkFX. Looks like it includes a looper. I'm on vacation, so I can't test it out. Go get it!

JP

post-318419-0-28431300-1432672932_thumb.jpg

What's New

Hi There,

This version requires a firmware update for your Firehawk FX (v1.10.0). We reccommend updating via USB using Line 6 Updater for Mac/PC software available at www.line6.com/software.

- New Looper Block (Including support for pre/post positioning and footswitch assignments)

- Bluetooth connection to Firehawk FX is now more stable

- Various bug fixes (including fixed functionality for opening tones shared on social media)

Thank you for all your support.

The Line 6 Firehawk Team

Live Edit's the other big news—You can now edit amp, cab, and effects parameters without a mobile device. You can even edit them while playing.

So, I'm assuming you mean from a mac or PC for Live Edit?  It would be really cool if I could save a riff or lick, then edit from the app without the Firehawk, the way the pod app works.  In other words, work on my tones without a guitar or my device - commuting to work!  Lol

So, I'm assuming you mean from a mac or PC for Live Edit?  It would be really cool if I could save a riff or lick, then edit from the app without the Firehawk, the way the pod app works.

Sort of the opposite. It lets you edit presets from Firehawk FX's top panel without a mobile device.

My update failed. Downloaded and installed updater. Downloaded update to my computer. Hooked up the power cable and USB to my Firehawk. Turned on the Firehawk and it showed up on the updater.  It gave a choice whether to use local file or update to latest 1.1. Also showed the factory firmware. Tried both ways, local and patch and both failed. Switched off Firehawk and held down A and C as the instructions said and powered back up. Firehawk LED says Updating....

Tried both ways again and failed. Got a feeling this is not good.

Error message said

Updater software is not adding version parameters, so these instructions may not be complete. -please file a bug.

How do I file a bug?

Help!

Flawless firmware and app update here. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I honestly just pushed all the buttons in the order presented and all is good.

By the way, I did the update via the USB cable to my FH.  Only took ~ 5 - 10 minutes.

I just started  updating via Bluetooth - It does look like it is going to take a while, as the blue bar on my android devie is about 1/4" long out of about 4 inches, and my counter on the Firehawk passed 100 and counting.   One note- the blue light indicating Bluetooth is not on, yet the counter is still going- strange.

Yes, mine is out also, but the bluetooth circle over the gif of the FHwk is going round and round on my tablet. 1755 and about 60% done on the bar. Didn't time it. Watching Guardians of the Galaxy while it percolates.

Cool. Mine worked? too. Didn't get into the looper but now I get download errors(21) when trying to get tones from the cloud when trying to jam with my music library. I have to restart everything to do anything after that. Two steps forward, one step back. Not much of a dancer so I got frustrated and went to bed.

Update doesn't seem to have addressed the audible noise I get when switching from a distortion tone to a clean tone. If I play and hold a chord/note on the distortion preset and switch to the clean, it sounds as if a new note is being played instead of a smooth transition where only the decay of the previous note is heard.

It sounds fine if I toggle my distortion effect on/off within a preset...kinda limits diversity though. I have to press two buttons at the same time to go from distortion to clean w/chorus.

Anyone else experiencing this?

As far as I can see, this update was not for people wanting to use the Firehawk for a live gig situation- the Lag has not been addressed (but they are working on it).  I did notice the modulation between some patches has gone away, but in others it is still there. We will still have to do the "Riverdance" between stomp buttons to get a different sound within a patch as Chivajn mentioned above.

Update doesn't seem to have addressed the audible noise I get when switching from a distortion tone to a clean tone. If I play and hold a chord/note on the distortion preset and switch to the clean, it sounds as if a new note is being played instead of a smooth transition where only the decay of the previous note is heard.

It sounds fine if I toggle my distortion effect on/off within a preset...kinda limits diversity though. I have to press two buttons at the same time to go from distortion to clean w/chorus.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes the audible noise is still there, Not as bad but still there. I think it was a bit of a stretch for them to say it has been eliminated.

Cool. Mine worked? too. Didn't get into the looper but now I get download errors(21) when trying to get tones from the cloud when trying to jam with my music library. I have to restart everything to do anything after that. Two steps forward, one step back. Not much of a dancer so I got frustrated and went to bed.

I was beta testing the new software and got the download errors as well.  I found that I did have to reload and re-save patches from "My Tones" to stop the problem.  A little bit of a hassle, but it seemed to stabilize once I did that.  The Bluetooth is much more stable than it was - I still get an occasional drop, but more like once every few days instead of once every 10 minutes.

Yes the audible noise is still there, Not as bad but still there. I think it was a bit of a stretch for them to say it has been eliminated.

Exactly. Does it seem to you that when changing from a clean tone to a distortion, it sort of fades in? It doesn't punch in like you'd expect, but rather it crossfades.

Exactly. Does it seem to you that when changing from a clean tone to a distortion, it sort of fades in? It doesn't punch in like you'd expect, but rather it crossfades.

I would say it's more of a sound in a blender warping type sound. It's very much not musical. 

"Various bug fixes (including fixed functionality for opening tones shared on social media)" Where are tones being accessed via social media? I want to party with them.

Also, any organization to the tone library would be appreciated, the whole 'search and pray' thing isn't working out for me so well. 

My Firehawk became useless. Yesterday, I updated remote app(android). Now when I connect it to my firehawk, the app shows me the window with firehawk update info, I press "OK" and the next second I see "firehawk remote has lost its data connection". I can't edit, can't update, can't do anything via remote app. Also I can't update firehawk via cable. I connect it to usb, launch line 6 updater, then I see "Select device to update" and nothing happens. 

And tell me, please, how to reset firehawk to the factory defaults.

Tried to update but it froze at about 1225 and would go no further. Tried factory reset, no luck..footswitches A B C & D just kept flashing. Also tried holding down A & C while powering up. Now if just sits there forever saying "Updating" doing absolutely nothing. Tried everything. Very frustrating.

Help?!?!

I've tried the same update methods from another android phone, from another pc via cable. I have the same results.

Give me,  please, remote app v1.00. and that's it. I'll live without its "looper and BETTER bluetooth stability updates"

When you do a firmware update on the firehawk, it will wipe the presets on the pedal to factory(so any custom patches you have saved to your Firehawk will be gone).  When you update the IOS or android app, all your tones are still saved.  So just make sure you copy any of the tones you have on the Firehawk to your bluetooth device, then perform the firmware update.

"So just make sure you copy any of the tones you have on the Firehawk to your bluetooth device, then perform the firmware update." I hoped to connect and make sure I had all my presets but when you go to connect all it gives you is the please update. 

When you do a firmware update on the firehawk, it will wipe the presets on the pedal to factory(so any custom patches you have saved to your Firehawk will be gone). When you update the IOS or android app, all your tones are still saved. So just make sure you copy any of the tones you have on the Firehawk to your bluetooth device, then perform the firmware update.

Not trying to contradict what your saying. Bit that was not my experience. Any customer tones I had remained in my unit post update. That being said I used the PC method, and can't speak for the bluetooth update. Still would back up anything you wouldn't want lost.

Did you already update the app to 1.1?    If so, maybe you have no choice but to update without doing a save on tones.  When I did my save it was before I updated my app and my Firehawk, so I cannot really say if that is the reason you cannot save.  Maybe if you have already upgraded the app to 1.1, you can downgrade it to 1.0 and perform your save- then carry on with the update on both the bluetooth device and the Firehawk.

Who knows any program that works with Firehawk, except remote app and Line 6 Updater? Or maybe there is software that allows to edit it from pc. It's frustrating, that I can use only factory presets.

Are there any hotkeys that somehow reset my fireware or downgrade it, except push VOLUME and TAP buttons, it doesn't help. 

Sorry but there is no app for PC to edit tones, at least yet.  Keep in mind this unit is brand new- some countries have not received any of them yet, so having one of the first ones, you are kinda like a beta tester.  So is your problem that you cannot communicate with the Firehawk through your Bluetooth device?  If that is it, try re-installing the app, or installing the app on a different device..  I could not upgrade my Firehawk with USB and a PC, but I was able to with Bluetooth. 

Not trying to contradict what your saying. Bit that was not my experience. Any customer tones I had remained in my unit post update. That being said I used the PC method, and can't speak for the bluetooth update. Still would back up anything you wouldn't want lost.

Yeah, all of my custom patches were in their pre-update locations after the update. I used the bluetooth method.

I've tried HTC, Meizu MX4 (android too), Iphone 4s - the same thing. Now I've noticed, even when the firehawk is off, I go to the settings > device flash, and there I see available firmware update. I press the button, see bug\features report, then press UPDATE. It tries connect to servers ("downloading device image from server") for 2-3 seconds and throws me back to the bug report info...and all in curcles. 

I could not upgrade my Firehawk with USB and a PC, but I was able to with Bluetooth. 

Unfortunately I can't update via bluetooth too, because

when I connect it to my firehawk, the app shows me the window with firehawk update info, I press "OK" and the next second I see "firehawk remote has lost its data connection".

I suppose that I need somehow update the firehawk or downgrade remote app up to v.1.00 for the correct work and connection. But all install files v.1.00 for android are vanished. Some web sites have corrupted copies of the app that doesn't install at all.