Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware and app update?

jpmull

You already tried downgrading to 1.01 from USB using updater ver1.00 correct? When you boot your firehawk what shows up on the screen?  If you cannot revert back to existing frimware by Vol/Tap at startup, you may have a defective unit. I am no expert, but when I did a system reset (I have done it 3 times)  no matter what problem I was having, it went away.

I don't try to downgrade firmware update. I was trying to downgrade remote app to v.1.00.

Firehawk firmware is v1.01. When I connect it via usb the updater, there is no any reaction, only "select device to update", that's all. I w

When I tried to update my firehawk by bluetooth I got the same thing, I had to reboot both devices and hold down the bluetooth button on the firehawk so it lashed blue rapidly, then i went into the bluetooth setting on my device an turned it off then on and then paired them up again. When it finally updates via bluetooth, there will be a blue bar on the app, and a jumber counter on the firehawk will rise. The bluetooth light on the firehawk will be out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-X2l2VcwzQ&feature=youtu.be

Nope :(

There is the video of the problem. When I power on firehawk, then bluetooth, it blinks fast, when the remote app shows message "reconnection and loading prestes..", bluetooth stops to blink. When it showsthe message about the update it begins to blink, but slower, than at the begining. 

UPDATE:

I have succeeded in someway. I updated my firehawk up to v.1.10 via cable (PC began to see it). Now 100% sync with my tablet, and a little problem with my other phone. It connected to the firehawk from the 5th attempt and took about 30-40 seconds to connect. I'll figure out it later, something wrong with the phone firmware.

Pairing didn't help. As I suggested, the problem was in different versions of remote app and firmware of firehawk. Don't no why, but it came after updating remote to v  1.10 and dissappeared with updating firehawk up to v 1.10 (added info in the previous post). I am sure it would also dissapeared with downgrading remote app to v1.00), if  I had working install file.

Thanks everyone for advices and support :)

I was able to update the firmware from my PC by USB cable. I downloaded the updater and firmware, but the firehawk wasn't recognized in updater until I downloaded and installed the ASIO driver, then all went smoothly. Never lost my user tones. 

I've tried HTC, Meizu MX4 (android too), Iphone 4s - the same thing. Now I've noticed, even when the firehawk is off, I go to the settings > device flash, and there I see available firmware update. I press the button, see bug\features report, then press UPDATE. It tries connect to servers ("downloading device image from server") for 2-3 seconds and throws me back to the bug report info...and all in curcles. 

Unfortunately I can't update via bluetooth too, because

I suppose that I need somehow update the firehawk or downgrade remote app up to v.1.00 for the correct work and connection. But all install files v.1.00 for android are vanished. Some web sites have corrupted copies of the app that doesn't install at all.

Have you tried closing down everything, then going to the bluetooth on your phone /pad and select "forget this device" let it stew, then recconect the bluetooth to the Firehawk? This could get you past the lost connection panel?

On another note altogether, has anyone noticed that since the update,  the Firehawk opens up the last patch the you were using prior to shut down?

One more off-topic-question, sorry.

I can't figure out how to replace saved presets from the phone. I go "my tones" in the app, find my preset, set it to firehawk. But when I press "save" emblem, it offers me to change name and some details of the preset and there is only "delete preset" button.

When I choose any free bank, any footswitch and build absolutely new preset, after pressing save button I can choose where to save, to "firehawk" or to "my tones"

Have you tried closing down everything, then going to the bluetooth on your phone /pad and select "forget this device" let it stew, then recconect the bluetooth to the Firehawk? This could get you past the lost connection panel?

I tried many differnt orders of switching\connection\pairin (differnt android and iOS phones\tablets ).The only thing helped is to update firehawk itself via cable. When version of remote app and firmware became the same, they became friends :)

Well I finally got my firehawk updated... when I tried the USB method, in about a 2 second I got the fail message it said "From version: null to version: null" with a message below stating "Updater software is not adding the version parameters, so these instructions may be incomplete - Please file a bug." When I turned it on again, 4 flashing red lights (A,B,C,D). Tried a factory reset... didn't work. Unistalled drivers and usb app, reinstalled. Nothing seemed to work with the USB app (it did recognize the pedal when I turned it on with holding A & C) but I always got the error above trying to flash (immediately). I tried to connect to my Tab3 (Andriod) but it wouldn't find the device though it said it was connected and the bluetooth light wasn't lit. The tab would start the sync but then op up with a message telling me it disconnected.

On a whim the next day I tried my iPhone. The key for me was to delete the pairing and re-pair the device (display had only v1.01.0 showing) while the 4 lights were blinking (held the bluetooth button to get the fast flashing light for pairing) and then it went solid. When I opened the app on the iphone it told me that there was an update, and I followed the dialogs through the iPhone. Over an hour or two later it was done... the Updating... reached something like 3995 (seemed like each tick was 1.25 seconds) before I got the success message. It told me to factory reset and now I am up and running.

Have to spend a few hours moving and replacing patches again...

Hello, I have a question.

Can someone describe me exactly how the system proces works, at the moment of booting the firehawk,  the remote software and firehawk fx are paired also with the cloud.
Are presets physical stored in the memory of my tablet or mobile phone. (My tones, factory presets) or only in the cloud.?
if they on my tablet device, where are they are stored.
?

someone has Amplifi 75 he did a factory reset but there were no factorypresets stored back.   someone an idea.?

I hope someone can explain this clearly.
for me.

sorry for my english.

thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased the Firehawk FX yesterday. Checked it out and it would not connect up with my iPhone or iPad for preset controls and editing, but would stream my music thru to the amp. I did the firmware upgrade last night which took about 90 minutes or so. Now I can effectively control all features on my iPad but I cannot get the music to steam. The iPad shows the device is connected to the firehawn but does not play. I also tried this with my iPhone and got the same issue. Did anyone who upgraded to the firmware 1.10 version experience the same issue.

Thanks, Cliff

Just purchased the Firehawk FX yesterday. Checked it out and it would not connect up with my iPhone or iPad for preset controls and editing, but would stream my music thru to the amp. I did the firmware upgrade last night which took about 90 minutes or so. Now I can effectively control all features on my iPad but I cannot get the music to steam. The iPad shows the device is connected to the firehawn but does not play. I also tried this with my iPhone and got the same issue. Did anyone who upgraded to the firmware 1.10 version experience the same issue.

Thanks, Cliff

Might sound daft, but check which output mode you're set to on the back - streamed music will only play through the 1/4" out in Line Out mode, not amp mode...? :)