Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Import Hd500 Sounds Into Hd500x?

tochiro

I'm not sure whether the new HD500(x?) Edit program will recognize the HD500. You may have to use HD500 Edit first to save all your presets to your computer with the HD500 connected. Then connect the HD500x, launch HD500x Edit, and load the saved presets.

I'm not sure whether the new HD500(x?) Edit program will recognize the HD500.

No, it will not. The driver is the same, but the editor does not.

Capturadepantalla2013-07-11alas212912_zp

This is the HD500X Edit running offline mode (as my HD500 is not recogniced at all):

Capturadepantalla2013-07-11alas213610_zp

But the editor is apparently exactly alike. In the screenshot I've seen that are different... the image does not correspond to the current editors. Perhaps they are developing a new version with improved graphics? I hope it will be for both models.

file_r15542.gif

That means the file format is the same or is 100% compatible.

The procedure is this then:

- Save you presets with the HD500 Edit program

- Update your HD500 Edit program to the HD500X

- Import your saved preset in the HD500X

Has anyone here answering actually tried importing the patches? The 500X uses a different file format (.5xe) from the 500 (.h5e). 500X Edit does not seem to open .h5e files. Instead, it seems that you have to individually change the extension on each of the files. They do seem to open fine after that, but it could be a headache if you have a lot of patches.

good news:

mralmostpopular wrote:

Just a note for anyone looking to upgrade, the HD500X uses a different file format than the HD500 (.5xe for the 500X, .h5e for the 500). I went ahead and tried simply changing the extension, and they do seem to open in the new edit software. I haven't noticed any issues, but I also haven't yet had a chance to go through and make sure that they retained all of their settings. The reasoning for making a new file format was probably for the customtone gallery, but it seems like an odd move for them not to make the 500X directly backwards compatible with the older format. Luckily, I only had a handful of patches for the 500, but someone who's made a ton of patches over the last couple of years is probably going to find the process of changing the file format and testing the patches to be very tedious.

I can confirm that   :)

• Upvote 1

good news:

mralmostpopular wrote:

Just a note for anyone looking to upgrade, the HD500X uses a different file format than the HD500 (.5xe for the 500X, .h5e for the 500). I went ahead and tried simply changing the extension, and they do seem to open in the new edit software. I haven't noticed any issues, but I also haven't yet had a chance to go through and make sure that they retained all of their settings. The reasoning for making a new file format was probably for the customtone gallery, but it seems like an odd move for them not to make the 500X directly backwards compatible with the older format. Luckily, I only had a handful of patches for the 500, but someone who's made a ton of patches over the last couple of years is probably going to find the process of changing the file format and testing the patches to be very tedious.

I can confirm that   :)

I was actually gonna suggest that but you beat me to it Damn...  I have to do it occasionally when downloading corrupted movies..

• 3 months later...

look at the first pinned thread on this forum (Pod HD Tone Conversion Utility). That little program is amazing and will convert all your patches back and forth between various POD HD models.  Import HD 3/400 patches, batch convert all your full amp patches to preamp patches with all your settings saved...  Try it, you'll like it...