burningyen

Anyone Have A Pic Of The Jtv-69 With The Pickguard Off?

Thanks, I'm particularly interested in how big the tuning selector cavity is.

Its about the same as a stock strat - from the top route

• Upvote 1

Actually I am interested into the very same thing: how is the routing done underneath the pickguard? Would be cool if someone could provide a picture.

• Upvote 1

As far as routing for Variax guts, in the old Variax, some of the guitars had the Variax gut mounted below the pickguard. I believe it's a back panel cavity for all the other guitars now.

• Downvote 1

I was actually more interested in how to remove the pickguard! What are the steps?

Well, I know it's not actually rocket science, but what and how do you remove things, like volume, model, tone, tunning knobs...

can anyone list a simple guide?

• Upvote 1

pull off knobs, turn screws counter-clockwise... 

Thanks

Do I have to remove the PU selector and tunning wheel before removing the pickguard? 

Thanks

Do I have to remove the PU selector and tunning wheel before removing the pickguard?

The pots, pickups, pickup selector, and tuning wheel are all screwed to the pickguard. Once you pull that off there are wires that feed to the battery compartment and to piezo pickups.

Jd

So replacing the pic guard only should be pretty easy then for someone that's done it on standard strats before?

So replacing the pic guard only should be pretty easy then for someone that's done it on standard strats before?

i wouldnt have said easy, first you need a pick guard thats the right template, eg the pick ups might not be in quite the same place on the variax as the new guard, also the pots, from the look of the variax, the 3 pots are built into a single unit, and s different plate might not hove the c/c in the right place.

think carefully about doing it, id be looking at getting a template to a custom scratchplate maker and having them buiild you one to the shape you want rather than trying to find one that needs adapting.

i wouldnt have said easy, first you need a pick guard thats the right template, eg the pick ups might not be in quite the same place on the variax as the new guard, also the pots, from the look of the variax, the 3 pots are built into a single unit, and s different plate might not hove the c/c in the right place.

think carefully about doing it, id be looking at getting a template to a custom scratchplate maker and having them buiild you one to the shape you want rather than trying to find one that needs adapting.

I found some 69 & 69S pickguards on www.fullcompass.com  :

I bought the white pearloid for my 69S, I got it while my guitar tech was setting it up, so I took it over to him and put it on for me. I was going to do it, figured while he had it.... ;o)

Ok, that's strange, tried to paste links -- have noticed pasting on the L6 Forums isn't working for me (works fine on other forums), oh well, will also attach a text file....

Dave

post-98161-0-28600000-1449531267_thumb.jpg

Fullcompass 69(S) Pickguards.txt

Beautiful that's what I'm gonna do, and replace the pickup covers to black to match the humbucker