Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Comparing the Aggro amp in the Pod xt live and hd500x

Franklee13

So I was highly jazzed from finding out that the line6 aggro was included in the hd metal pack. Love that amp in my pod xt live and felt that nothing in the hd500x compared to it. I bought and downloaded the upgrade and got to fiddlin. Soon came to the opinion that the newer version seemed a lot muddier than my original- and this is just through headphones, by the way. Is there something I can adjust to get the brighter sound back? Maybe the deep editing on the amp settings needs to be tweaked? Tried somewhat with this but to no avail. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I never heard the Aggro before so I have nothing to compare it to.

But now that I have it on my HD500...it has become my amp.
I had been using the Mesa Treadplate for years. Then the new packs came out and I instantly jumped on the Marshall Rectified Plexi
Sweet!
But then I started messing around with the new Bogner amp model and moved to that for a couple of days.

But THEN I tried the Aggro. Never thought I'd use one of the Line 6 "creations". But man...that thing sounds AWESOME to me. Has all the "brown" sound that I was looking for. Love the mids I'm getting with it. So warm and yet articulate.

I find it sounds best with the Treadplate 4x12. That seemed to put a "brightness" on it for me that was perfect. :)

So I was highly jazzed from finding out that the line6 aggro was included in the hd metal pack. Love that amp in my pod xt live and felt that nothing in the hd500x compared to it. I bought and downloaded the upgrade and got to fiddlin. Soon came to the opinion that the newer version seemed a lot muddier than my original- and this is just through headphones, by the way. Is there something I can adjust to get the brighter sound back? Maybe the deep editing on the amp settings needs to be tweaked? Tried somewhat with this but to no avail. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

In the deep cab parameters, drop reso and thump to zero. It should sound a lot closer to what you're used to.

Thanks for the info and opinions guys. I think that part of the problem was me trying to import the exact original parameters from the xt live. The bones of it are there but so much else is different between the two pods... I gotta put a freeze on my ocd nature and just use the original as a reference instead of a mirror. The deep editing did help as well as trying a different cab. Im hovering between the treadplate 4x12 with a 67 cond and the uber 4x12 with a 412 dyn or 67 cond. Cheers!

I've just started using Aggro as part of my v2.62 bass dual tone.

After a gate and the blue comp, the signal forks to +12 pitch shift and an SVT+810+Dyn7, then back into the mixer. Nice and simple.

The other side of the path goes through analog chorus and digital delay, then through the Aggro+Hiway100+U87 with the drive at 60%, low cut at 160Hz, then into the mixer.

The footswitch stomp switch brings the Aggro in and out (bypass volume 0%), and thereby the chorus and delay (which are also individually switched). EXP-1 can be used to dial the Aggro drive back to 0 to clean up the FX split.

Not that I overthink these things, oh no, not at all :)