Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Separate Output to PA for Acoustic and Sitar Patches

I've been using a POD HD500X and Variax through a PA for about 6 months. Yesterday I bought a DT25 combo and my mind was blown by the possibilities. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing. My rig is at the rehearsal room so I can't test this. Can someone tell me if the following is possible or if there is a workaround.

I have the POD connected to the DT25 via L6 LINK. I have the Variax plugged into the POD via VDI. When I was playing with acoustic patches they sounded like crap going through the DT25. Acoustic guitars (even models) never sound good through a guitar amp. Can I specify for the Acoustic patches, that the output is the XLR (to the FOH mixer) and for the guitar patches, the output is the DT25? Is the output setting "GLOBAL" or is it by patch?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Nick Paonessa

I don't think there's a way to do what you described. I split the signal into two paths and for the one that is acoustic I put in an FX block. I plug on a cable from the FX send to a PA. The other path is set to Variax mags and had an amp etc. That goes to the DT25 via l6 link.

Thank you for your reply grandinq.

I'm currently using the FX Block as a boost but I've read several posts about people using various effects as a boost so I could change that so that the FX Block would freed up. Would I have to go from the Effects Send (1/4") right into the PA or should I go through a Di box?   Does it matter?

Nick

I do the same thing as grandinq.  Use an FX block and send the signal from the 1/4" FX send to your PA.  Regarding the Di Box, it really depends on the distance you are running a cable to the board.  Anything longer than a 20' cable and I would use a Di Box to get the cleanest signal possible.  I've run it both ways.