Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Looper

meuste

Should the looper be showing up in my effects chain on the app automatically or do I need to insert it somehow? I did the update via bluetooth and it says 1.01 when I fire up the board so I know it worked. Where's that confounded looper?

Hell, I don't think I did because I had so much trouble updating the firmware. Thanks. Can't find a way to uninstall on my android and reinstall. In the store there usually is an uninstall option, but not on this app.

Calm down Duckie, it was a typo, it says 1.1. The looper appeared on my chain after I updated my app and I was up all night with the neighbor jamming to it. That thing is the cat's lollipop! He came pounding on my door at 1 am. I thought he wanted me to turn it down. Turns out his company left and he thought I had a couple of people over jamming. Had the guitar on one loop, used the bass on the second and played lead over both. Cooool!!! I have to figure out a way to inject some drums.

The latest Firehawk manual does include a section on looper operations. Make sure you have the most recent manual.

Not that we're ducking the question. Just that it's explained clearly there. We can't do it any better here.

The latest Firehawk manual does include a section on looper operations. Make sure you have the most recent manual.

Not that we're ducking the question. Just that it's explained clearly there. We can't do it any better here.

Haha :D  , yes i know, but i like the dutch manual(Rev E) because i'm Dutch.

But it seems that these manuals are different from the Englisch. and other languages.

thanks anyway

Well that's  is no problem anymore,

but i was looking first in the Dutch manual for the looper sections and  it was not there.

so i did not understand it, It was the most recent manual.

but problem solved.

thanks for the reply

If you want to use a different sound/patch for overdubbing make sure you place the looper last in the signal chain. That way the looper records (and hence plays back) the post-processing signal. If the looper is placed first in the chain then it records the dry sound and on playback it feeds that into the front of the signal chain for processing by the current patch, which is not necessarily the patch you recorded it with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a live looper. Are you telling me that after playing a song, every time I stop my loop and go to to delete it, the audience is forced to hear two seconds of loop playback, just so I can erase it? This needs to be fixed ASAP! Maybe once you're creating a loop, the expression pedal can be a dedicated loop output volume control? It'd be nice to fade the loop out. And then you could erase a loop without ridiculously having to hear two seconds of it.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the duplicate post but I just was hoping Line 6 would read this.

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Since I just picked my Firehawk up only a few days ago, I really don't have my feet fully wet yet but so far I am extremely impressed. I first had the Amplifi FX100 and upgraded to the Firehawk when I realized it would connect directly with my Variax. Love it so far.

Now if it had the same looper the JM4 Looper has built into it then to me it would be the ultimate. Maybe Line 6 would be able to add this looper into the next firmware upgrade.

Since I am to old now to carry heavy amps and I enjoy going to open jam sessions, the JM4 Looper does it all for me. All I do now is take my James Tyler Variax and the JM4 Looper, get to the jam and plug the looper into the house PA. Simple and light to carry....lol

I am a big fan of Hank Marvin and the Shadows and have a couple of preset tones close to his sound saved on the JM4. 

The fact I can create, record and save a full backing track on the JM4 and then play it back and jam by myself is the ultimate to me.   (Probably to many others too)

Now if the Firehawk could do the same then Line 6 that would really and truly be the ultimate.  What blew me away was the Bluetooth editor on my Ipad, being able to search by typing in "Hank Marvin" and suddenly I have tones instantly and I do mean instantly.  Well you all know that already but that is one of the big selling points for me. I already have a couple of tones saved that are much better than the ones I have on the JM4, thanks to those users who created them. Now only if it had the looper the JM4 has?  The 28 minute JM4 looper is incredible over the few seconds the Firehawk has.

Line 6 please please please incorporate the looper from the JM4 into the Firehawk or for that matter a newer up todate than the 2009 version?

Sorry for the duplicate posting,

Tommy

The looper on the Firehawk is more in the style of the Line 6 DL4 than the JM4 IMO and I doubt they'd be enough processing power in the Firehawk to take on all the features of the JM4.

You could always insert the JM4 into the effects loop of the Firehawk to get the best of both worlds? (That's what i've been doing with my EHX looper)

• Upvote 1