Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk - how to setup & maintain multiple setlists

freddie0815

Dear all

I am a live musician playing in various bands, quite often using different gear as well.

Therefore, I would like to organize my Firehawk patches in a manner, that I can easily refresh my Firehawk using a dedicated bundle of patches for each of my bands. Furthermore, it would be helpful, if I could quickly resequence those patches since in every gig there might be a different sequence of songs etc.

I am currently owing and playing a Boss ME-80 which allows me to easily maintain multiple setlists on my PC and 'push it' to the FloorBoard according my actual needs.

Any good ideas from the Line6  experts how to do this w/ the Firehawk?

Many thanks!

I don't think there is an easy way to manage setlists at the moment. Until and unless we get a 'batch transfer' capability we are stuck with sending presets one at a time to the Firehawk device. That makes managing setlists very cumbersome and time consuming. There is also no concept of setlists within My Tones afaik. It is just a flat set of tones without structure.

I think the only thing you can do is maintain your own text file of setlists containing the names of the presets you want to download into your Firehawk along with their target location (1A, 1B, ..... 32D). You can then follow that structure for your individual 'Send To Hardware' commands using the Firehawk app. Make sure you save all the individual presets in My Tones.

Not very elegant. Hopefully a firmware update at some point will include a bulk export/import of the full set of 128 presets in a single operation.

Paul Hindmarsh did several videos for line 6 when the Firehawk was first announced and he said that you could save entire set lists to the app and then push individual set lists to the Firehawk specifically for people who play in different bands or if you just want to re-order the patches for particular sets, so it either got taken out or is yet to be implemented, he never demoed the feature, only talked about it being possible

If I were you I'd get something up on ideascale and let us all know so we can vote for it

Paul Hindmarsh did several videos for line 6 when the Firehawk was first announced and he said that you could save entire set lists to the app and then push individual set lists to the Firehawk specifically for people who play in different bands or if you just want to re-order the patches for particular sets, so it either got taken out or is yet to be implemented, he never demoed the feature, only talked about it being possible

If I were you I'd get something up on ideascale and let us all know so we can vote for it

Thanks for all of your assistance so far!

I've had another detailed review today of the Android App version. Hence, I do not find anything in this regard. (Maybe hidden?)

Right now my request has been published already on ideascale. I appreciate your votes.

Hope this essential feature is being implemented quite soon, since otherwise I will need to keep-up w/ my Boss Gear as its approach (actually) seems  a bit more practical to me. Even if I would have loved the 'wireless control' via the Firehawk iPad app. But the ability to backupand restore a bulk of patches is even more important to me.