sludge_g0re

Podxt Only Shows Blank Orange Screen When Turned On

Hello everyone. I recently bought a Line 6 PODxt from ebay and when I turned it on, it only shows a blank orange screen. The channel lights don't even light up. I was wondering whether the problem is the voltage because the plug is 230V and in Canada, the main voltage is 120V. I used an adapter that can handle up to 250V. The person I bought it from said that it worked fine when before he sent it to me. I really don't know what is wrong with it. Any help will be appreciated.

I don't know if the device you are using is appropriate or not, but you need to use a voltage transformer/adapter to supply the device with the expected 120V.

Also, buyer beware on ebay - despite what the seller may say. Personally, I have had relatively good luck but there are some disreputable sellers. Does your seller have a good reputation? Is there a return policy?

is the xt's power supply original? that is, input 120VAC output 9VAC. and you are using a stepdown transformer to bring the voltage input from 230VAC to 120VAC.

Yes the person has a really good reputation, 99% positive feedback. This is what it looks like when I turn it on https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1004764_4826529151302_1694030688_n.jpg

This is the adapter I'm using https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/946574_4826533231404_867565299_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/34727_4826534071425_867278176_n.jpg

I use this adapter for my camera's battery charger and it works perfectly.

I have yet to try using a transformer but my budget is limited so I'm asking around as much as possible to save time and money. But if there are no other options, then I'll have to buy a transformer.

Hopefully the proper transformer will allow the XT to work, and that there hasn't been any internal damage suffered from plugging it into 230V supply.

Just for clarification, Monkey can not see it?

If so, unfortunately it likely needs to be repaired.

Do you have the means to check the power supply?

Ive got a pod xt live as well with the same problem. It used to work fine but now all it shows is a blank orange screen.

Yeah The power plug was not the problem.  I'm guessing its some type of electrical mother board issue since none of my pedal lights come on.  The repair shop want $80 just to look at it so I just bought another one on ebay for a little more than $100. :)

Here's a curious problem that I'm currently stumped by. I have a Pod XT Live that is suffering the black screen syndrome. When turned on, the screen lights but stays blank and the channel bank indicator remains dark. Also the Amp, Stomp and Mod pedal lights come on but no others – is that an error code indicator? When I fire up Line 6 Edit, the unit shows as POD XT Live on the list of devices but next to a question mark and won't progress any further. Anyone got any ideas what to try next?

I would say all your probs are an error indicator. Try the XTL with a spare power supply and if that doesn't work you should consider giving the unit a reflash.

The ? in Monkey is showing an error in the detection (possibly corrupt firmware).