Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Custom Tones Sound Thin

sglw11060138

Strange mate..I ran through EV powered monitors and all I got was bottom end. Sound is better through Mackie powered. I stopped writing patches through headphones and listened to the guys here and do them lud at home. Sometimes during soundcheck. You'd be surprised how guitar pickups also influence the patches you download pickups from 7K to 19K, some bassy some too much treble.

Answer here is mate is that you got to keep plugging away, also the deep amp settings though tedious to use make a big difference. Good luck mate, I've had mine for six months and still get moody when I download a customtone that is rated 5, only to find it sounds crap on my setup.

You gotta put the hours in mate..

What output mode are you in? If you're playing through a PA, you'd want to make sure you're in Studio Direct.

Other than that, I'd say that there's not really any guarantee that tones you download from the Custom Tone will work for you. Anyone can put tones up there, and the tones were created using a specific guitar, pickups, output system, etc.

If you play through the factory presets or tones you've created on the HD500, do they sound OK?

Thanks for the reply. I am in studio direct. I tried somthing new today. I adjusted the Thump and RES LVL and the sound became much more alive. I'm really not sure what I was doing when I made these adjustments but it did help. The factory presets do sound a lot better now.

Just Startin',

I'm glad you've had the same problems when you download customtones with a rating of 5 and they sound like crap. I don't feel so alone ;)